The NBA Thread (51 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
But those guys aren't hailed as the best player in the game, or the best ever. That's the difference.

And he's not only a coward, but a traitor only out for himself.
:lol:

American sports are set up so that players are moved around. The average NBA player plays for 5 teams at least in a career, sometimes more.
Burke, what can you tell me about Devin Ebanks
A lot.

Good kid, never got into much trouble, long, good mid range shot, lanky, okay inside, but a long, shut-down defender. Very athletic.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
ßüякε;2578530 said:
:lol:

A lot.

Good kid, never got into much trouble, long, good mid range shot, lanky, okay inside, but a long, shut-down defender. Very athletic.
I look at him and see Trevor Ariza. Am I off base?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'm just gonna make my minor contribution to this thread and say the LeBron James is an absolute douche. I saw the way he played during the play offs. The Cleveland president didn't even know about his intentions until his special on ESPN and he mentioned he'd 'spoiled' his fans for seven years. The man has no respect for anyone, how self absorbed can you get. He had the right to leave but like that.....

DOUCHE...I hope Miami don't win shit next season.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I look at him and see Trevor Ariza. Am I off base?
Except Ariza has much better offensive skill-set and is able to keep his drive focused on scoring and is way, way faster and more explosive.

The biggest knock on Ebanks is that he has a tendency to disappear from the offensive end at times. Overall he does everything well, but isn't exceptional in any facet of the game other than defense and rebounding. I'm sure his offensive skills will get better in the NBA, but he does need an outside shot (3 point). That said he's a great pick for the future by LA and should develop into a decent threat in the next couple of seasons.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Except Ariza has much better offensive skill-set and is able to keep his drive focused on scoring and is way, way faster and more explosive.

The biggest knock on Ebanks is that he has a tendency to disappear from the offensive end at times. Overall he does everything well, but isn't exceptional in any facet of the game other than defense and rebounding. I'm sure his offensive skills will get better in the NBA, but he does need an outside shot (3 point). That said he's a great pick for the future by LA and should develop into a decent threat in the next couple of seasons.
Sounds just like Trevor Ariza when he came out of UCLA.

Thank you Aaron and Burke

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ßüякε;2578102 said:
Except the opposite is true.
I like Lebron a lot as a player. I think he's and exceptional talent and not a bad kid.

He may be a better player than Wade, but when the chips are down (and they will be) Wade will be the one picking the team up, putting them on his back, making the last second shot, sacrificing the body on defense, etc. It's Wade's team.

However, I do believe that we'll see a way better Lebron, statistically. He's just not a leader. Never has been, never will be.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ßüякε;2578503 said:
You both made the same point.

The fact that you guys say this "LeBron sucks, he's a coward..." blah blah.

Four years ago, KG, Allen, and Pierce did the same thing, but no one said anything.

It's the same thing.
The Lakers did it when they won their first two titles under Kobe.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
still poor form from lebron, it really angers me when people compare him to jordan.
jordan was and will be the best for many many years to come, if not forever.

the only player that comes even close is kobe, the man is the best player in the nba right now.

always thought lebron was a douche, hopefully the lakers pull through again, would love to see them humiliate miami.

i have no respect for what james has done.

hopefully fisher stays with us as well.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
still poor form from lebron, it really angers me when people compare him to jordan.
jordan was and will be the best for many many years to come, if not forever.

the only player that comes even close is kobe, the man is the best player in the nba right now.

always thought lebron was a douche, hopefully the lakers pull through again, would love to see them humiliate miami.

i have no respect for what james has done.

hopefully fisher stays with us as well.
Do you respect Shaq? He abandoned Orlando.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I'm just gonna make my minor contribution to this thread and say the LeBron James is an absolute douche. I saw the way he played during the play offs. The Cleveland president didn't even know about his intentions until his special on ESPN and he mentioned he'd 'spoiled' his fans for seven years. The man has no respect for anyone, how self absorbed can you get. He had the right to leave but like that.....

DOUCHE...I hope Miami don't win shit next season.
Its posts like this that make me wonder

I don't see what Lebron did that was sooo wrong. He was part of the greatest free-agency period in NBA history. ESPN made a big deal out of it, not Lebron. He was gonna get his money and publicity anyway but the fact of the matter is that he didn't really have a choice in the spotlight.

He didn't owe Cleveland, its fans or the team a damn thing. Anyone that thinks so is an utter moron. For those of you who don't know, Cle is not the place where anyone would want to spend their career.

Stop the hating on Lebron and his decision to go to Miami. I don't care if the Heat win or lose, but the bottom line is that he made the right choice to leave Cleveland.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 42)