The NBA Thread (68 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Media and hype is one thing (circus show), but pure performance wise, its real amazing stuff. Not only individually excelling and showing consistent star quality out of the blue somehow, but also actively making his teammates better and making the team grow. Remains to be seen how he keeps up with the increasing pressure and Ds learning his ways, but still defenitely remarkle breakthrough and overall story.

Game vs Lakers was ridunkulous (3.46 in clip best play). You would think the same regardless what you heard ze media say since his hot streak started:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Media and hype is one thing (circus show), but pure performance wise, its real amazing stuff. Not only individually excelling and showing consistent star quality out of the blue somehow, but also actively making his teammates better and making the team grow. Remains to be seen how he keeps up with the increasing pressure and Ds learning his ways, but still defenitely remarkle breakthrough and overall story.
So given his one month of top-competition experience, are you saying he's better than Derrick Rose or Steve Nash?

If not, then this isn't a story about Lin as much as it is a story of really bad scouts. In which case, Lin is just a pawn in this story.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
DRose and Nash are already recognized as being great. This kid just burst onto the scene. I hear what you're saying but that's how sports are.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I'm not sure I get it, though. The guy has been playing well at the top flight for a month. But it's like people want to already induct the guy into the Hall of Fame for all his achievements and accolades.

Even Krasic can look like a god for a month. :pado:

You know that David Stern will jumb on ant opportunity that will help the league make money and be more marketable, and Jeremy Lin is the perfect opportunity. His story also helps, he's undrafted, went to Harfard and was cut from every team he joined, never had a full trainning camp, and he comes and helps a Carmelo and Amare less knicks to win a 7 games streak when they were the laughing stock of the NBA outplaying Kobe in the Process, and the fact the he put up 28points per game for that streak something never done by any NBA player in the history for his first 5 starts in The NBA. So this the perfect underdog story and the perfect opprotunity for the league to make money; he was invited to the all star weekend after only playing for 7 games FFS.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So given his one month of top-competition experience, are you saying he's better than Derrick Rose or Steve Nash?

If not, then this isn't a story about Lin as much as it is a story of really bad scouts. In which case, Lin is just a pawn in this story.
No not all that, Nash is a legend and Rose is ridunkolously insane player, its up to Lin to show what he can do for first a full season (like Rose did as rookie) and more down ze career, but right now its suffices to say he is impressing alot. Because you cant do nothing BUT take notice when a player goes from a nobody on the bench to dominating force that averages 28pts and dozen assists and so on.

Indeed its corious how he was scouted before this? Just some things scouts cant determine I guess. And ofcourse he is being hyped, it doesnt get a better marketing story (for league in general not just Knicks) then a dude who was rejected in previous teams and benchwarmer to having a historic run of games.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I'm more interested how he'll fare when Carmelo gets back. Since Carmelo likes to ball hog a lot of the time.

Does he really go to all star game? as a guest or as a player?

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I'm more interested how he'll fare when Carmelo gets back. Since Carmelo likes to ball hog a lot of the time.

Does he really go to all star game? as a guest or as a player?
he was invited to the rookie vs sophomore game ( Shaq vs Barkley) and will assist Iman Shumpert in the dunk contest.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I'm not sure I get it, though. The guy has been playing well at the top flight for a month. But it's like people want to already induct the guy into the Hall of Fame for all his achievements and accolades.

Even Krasic can look like a god for a month. :pado:
Make it one season and you can still have Amauri.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
How does the sophomore guys get picked?

I just feel that if he wasn't Asian there wouldn't be half the fuss about him then it is now.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
How does the sophomore guys get picked?

I just feel that if he wasn't Asian there wouldn't be half the fuss about him then it is now.

It used to be the coaches who picked the guys that will take part of the rookie vs sophompre game, this year they made Charles Barkley and Shaq will be the coachs of the two teams and they let them draft the playes that was listed and make two teams between rookies and 2t year players and Lin was added in the last minute to the players eligible to drafted list.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
It used to be the coaches who picked the guys that will take part of the rookie vs sophompre game, this year they made Charles Barkley and Shaq will be the coachs of the two teams and they let them draft the playes that was listed and make two teams between rookies and 2t year players and Lin was added in the last minute to the players eligible to drafted list.
Got it, thanks.

I got to say, I don't appriciate Shaq joining the team, dunno why, maybe because him and Charles are too much for me :)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
You can live with Lin's TO's as long as he's playing the way he is right now.

With Norris Cole, Marshon Brooks and Jeremy Lin coming from smaller colleges and doing it big, maybe teams should see what smaller schools has to offer. Especially since Evan Turner and Derek Williams who came from the big stages in college aren't really killing it right now.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yesturday watched the Knicks against LAL. At one point the comentator said "Knicks biggest problem is TO, they are 29 in the league, but i'm sure with Lin they will be able to improve" I was like wtf, he probably is one of the biggest contributors to that stat. They selling him from every point they can. I hope it backfires somehow on NBA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 58)