The NBA Thread (34 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I agree that he’s not a #1 but he still has plenty of miles left. With him, Dlo, and Edwards, Twolves have a nice base and are theoretically poised to be contenders ina few years. Whatever picks they get for him would not be worth it, unless another superstar player is involved. They have to follow the Mavs plan where they won with Dirk.
I'd trade DLo too for the record. But KAT is their highest earner and de facto leader of the group. His mentality isn't that of a leader either (kinda like a PG or DeRozan). I think they are better off starting a rebuild than build around him (22 wins only with 4 players scoring 19ppg or more), especially when they have the necessary means to it (if they keep their pick and KATs trade value). Let's see, say they trade KAT to Washington this off-season (for Bertrans and T. Bryant) and they get their upcoming pick (which is a high one), plus 2-3 more picks. You send him to a good situation where he would fit well and get good return. Then see where you can send Russell, someone probably needs backcourt scoring. And then you let the kids start a new. That's a better situation than now imo

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'd trade DLo too for the record. But KAT is their highest earner and de facto leader of the group. His mentality isn't that of a leader either (kinda like a PG or DeRozan). I think they are better off starting a rebuild than build around him (22 wins only with 4 players scoring 19ppg or more), especially when they have the necessary means to it (if they keep their pick and KATs trade value). Let's see, say they trade KAT to Washington this off-season (for Bertrans and T. Bryant) and they get their upcoming pick (which is a high one), plus 2-3 more picks. You send him to a good situation where he would fit well and get good return. Then see where you can send Russell, someone probably needs backcourt scoring. And then you let the kids start a new. That's a better situation than now imo
I disagree, they’re better of keeping KAT and trying to build a winning team with him. The draft is unreliable and having too many young players doesn’t build good culture.

they’re not going to get anywhere near a good enough return for KAT and they’re a small market team so they have a hard time attracting big names through free agency. They need to keep remaining competitive and use what they have.

Look at some teams that have stockpiled draft picks and see how it’s working out for them. Oklahoma has nothing to show, Celtics have gotten even worse with no leadership.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Did you just saw Kat for Bertans and Bryant? The fuck? If ever comes to the day he demands a grade, it won't be to friggin Wizards...

But seriously keep Kat aslong as possible, Wolves problem is lack of talent in our rotation, you don't trade the only guranteed top end capable player.

If we ever gonna trade Kat the other side needs to be giving us a top level player, there's been talk of Celtic willing to give up Jaylen Brown for Kat in the past.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I disagree, they’re better of keeping KAT and trying to build a winning team with him. The draft is unreliable and having too many young players doesn’t build good culture.

they’re not going to get anywhere near a good enough return for KAT and they’re a small market team so they have a hard time attracting big names through free agency. They need to keep remaining competitive and use what they have.

Look at some teams that have stockpiled draft picks and see how it’s working out for them. Oklahoma has nothing to show, Celtics have gotten even worse with no leadership.
Winning with him doesn't happen obviously. He's been there 6 years, they had one winning year with Butler, and that was on the level of current Portland/Dallas, so not really great either. All the other times they are a lottery team. So not exactly easy winning with him, as history shows.

You overrate him, not anywhere near? What is he Embiid? Jokic? Davis? He's not even a all-star so get real.

It's not stockpiling draft picks, its about landing a (potential) marquee star or two and build from there. And I don't think Towns is that. Maybe 4 years ago he was but not today anymore. He is what he is, a talented offensive center but never a leader and his teams always underperform (except when they had Butler one season). Guys like Bosh and Love were scrutinized for this but somehow he's excused? He's at best a 3rd wheel on a championship team, and maybe 2nd option on a contender/pretender that has a genuine superstar leading the way. He will never be that in Minnesota, and they better get value while they can, and from the same perspective, he better gets to a team that gives him a chance of competing soon.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Winning with him doesn't happen obviously. He's been there 6 years, they had one winning year with Butler, and that was on the level of current Portland/Dallas, so not really great either. All the other times they are a lottery team. So not exactly easy winning with him, as history shows.

You overrate him, not anywhere near? What is he Embiid? Jokic? Davis? He's not even a all-star so get real.

It's not stockpiling draft picks, its about landing a (potential) marquee star or two and build from there. And I don't think Towns is that. Maybe 4 years ago he was but not today anymore. He is what he is, a talented offensive center but never a leader and his teams always underperform (except when they had Butler one season). Guys like Bosh and Love were scrutinized for this but somehow he's excused? He's at best a 3rd wheel on a championship team, and maybe 2nd option on a contender/pretender that has a genuine superstar leading the way. He will never be that in Minnesota, and they better get value while they can, and from the same perspective, he better gets to a team that gives him a chance of competing soon.
dude, he’s 25 years old. He is an all star, he just was out a lot last season. He can keep getting better and has a lot of room for growth. And while he’s still in his prime, Edwards will enter his and so will DLo. You don’t just blow up your team like that when you have a player as talented as KAT

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Did you just saw Kat for Bertans and Bryant? The fuck? If ever comes to the day he demands a grade, it won't be to friggin Wizards...

But seriously keep Kat aslong as possible, Wolves problem is lack of talent in our rotation, you don't trade the only guranteed top end capable player.

If we ever gonna trade Kat the other side needs to be giving us a top level player, there's been talk of Celtic willing to give up Jaylen Brown for Kat in the past.
So you didn't see i mentioned picks? Wizards are 10th in the east right now so their pick is high this year, and if they add few more that's good. I mentioned those two for contract matching but it don't have to be. And it don't have to be the Wizards either, it was just a good place for him I picked.

Either way, he's out of place on a rebuilding project in the middle of his prime, for a supposed top center. Or he's content with that as long as the money is good? In which case Wolves should think if they want a leader like him for their young guns.

- - - Updated - - -

dude, he’s 25 years old. He is an all star, he just was out a lot last season. He can keep getting better and has a lot of room for growth. And while he’s still in his prime, Edwards will enter his and so will DLo. You don’t just blow up your team like that when you have a player as talented as KAT
Dude you just don't answer to what I'm addressing there and repeat the same. What is he gonna get better at? I said he's talented, he's got a complete offensive arsenal, it's the mentality that's wrong with him. He needs others to carry him, and again, that will never happen in Minny (or when it happens he will be past his prime)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
So you didn't see i mentioned picks? Wizards are 10th in the east right now so their pick is high this year, and if they add few more that's good. I mentioned those two for contract matching but it don't have to be. And it don't have to be the Wizards either, it was just a good place for him I picked.

Either way, he's out of place on a rebuilding project in the middle of his prime, for a supposed top center. Or he's content with that as long as the money is good? In which case Wolves should think if they want a leader like him for their young guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude you just don't answer to what I'm addressing there and repeat the same. What is he gonna get better at? I said he's talented, he's got a complete offensive arsenal, it's the mentality that's wrong with him. He needs others to carry him, and again, that will never happen in Minny (or when it happens he will be past his prime)
you’re acting like he can’t get better. He can, he’s only 25. They have better coaching, good supporting players, etc. he might never win a chip but the Wolves have a way better chance at competing for it with KAT then hoping a pick becomes even as good as him. Even the first pick itself is far from a guarantee to work out.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My favourite player of all time, and only Wolves player ever to do it, is entering the Hall of fame, and the wolves channel are previewing neat little clips about his HOF career (I remember that game 7 vs Kings, was absolutely NUTS):

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
you’re acting like he can’t get better. He can, he’s only 25. They have better coaching, good supporting players, etc. he might never win a chip but the Wolves have a way better chance at competing for it with KAT then hoping a pick becomes even as good as him. Even the first pick itself is far from a guarantee to work out.
Again you overrate him. He can get better theoretically, but everyone can. I ask again what at? Where is this improvement coming? His flaws are not fixable imo and his skills are already polished. The Wolves have a young potential all-star/superstar and are really bad at the moment. By the time a team built around Edwards is ready to compete, how old will Towns be? I'll say it again, it's not his talent that I question but his place on this team, his leadership. If they drafted those two like 1-2 years apart I'd say stick to them and build around them. But like this it's just a odd fit and it's better for the Wolves to maximize on him now than later when/if his value will be lower. Do yourself a favor by starting a new cycle and do him a favor by sending him to a competitive team

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Have y´all watched former nr 1 pick Kwame Brown on social media these last days? He was crucified by the media his whole career. 20 years of staying silent and now he´s destroying these media clowns, especially Stephen A. Smith.

Dude is quite intelligent too. They all shook now and won´t respond. Gained a lot of respect for Kwame:D

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
I do agree it might feel a bit manufactured but it is still satisfying to see the bullies get bullied for once.

And especially that loudmouth Stephen A. Smith who thinks he´s this big time G on TV now shutting the hell up shook and scared to respond for once. He single handedly created this narrative around an 18 year old kid straight outta high school. His confidence was shot the second he came into the league because of these clowns.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ja morant killed Warriors.

They triple teamed Curry, while they watched Wiggins, Green and the rest miss open shots. While Ja Morant all game drive to basket and pass to open 3 pt shooters who score.

Game went to OT, and final 2 seconds of 4th quarter, Curry gets triple teamed, passes to an open at free throw line Green, who misses wide open floater. GARBAGE, ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. His offensive game is nonexistent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 29)