The NBA Thread (98 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Westbrook with a 20reb, 20ast triple double, 3rd such game in NBA history, 2nd by him. The other such game belongs to, you guessed right, Wilt Chamberlain.

Sabonis jr deserves a mention for the season he plays. He is currently 6th all time amongst centers, in assists per game for a season. Only Jokic and Chamberlain have produced a 6+apg season other than him, amongst centers

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/which-center-has-the-highest-apg-in-a-season.

In other news, Melo is now 10th on the all time scoring list, passing Elvin Hayes. Could pass Moses Malone as well this season for 9th place

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Can your boys beat the Nets? Please, thanks. Just don’t let those scum win a championship.
I think so, our perimeter defense is probably the best in the league and they don’t have an answer for Embiid.

it’s possible all three of Durant, Kyrie, and Harden get hot tho and they can be impossible to stop but I think we match up well

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I saw that. I have no idea what means for the Woves future. They seem to have some good young players but ownership in the nba can be a crap shoot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, but honestly, no one can be worse then Glen Taylor (maybe only Dolan of Knicks, and Sarver of Suns been close). Glen Taylor has meddled alot in the crapshoot decision making for decades, just hired incompetent buddies, forced bad drafts or giving max contracts to Wiggins over Butler etc.

Just want sensible owners who hire proper competent professionals and let them work, dont meddle like noobs.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The only thing left to start off this feel good story with new owners, is if in this upcoming draft, somehow we magically get to keep our top 3 protected pick and Golden state doesnt get it when it most likely ends up to be outside top 3 pick. had the worst record in the league, and had 42% chance in odds to keep it, but with new coach and a spell of russell coming back, and run and gunning with Kat and especially Edwards, we managed to go in massive win streaks (for our standards), and completely shattered our odds to keep the pick. Not its at best 26-27% odds to keep it. Went from worst record to 7th worst record in league.

But imagine with such LOW odds to keep your pick in a top 3 heavy draft, that somehow the draft odds gods smile on you, and you add this below guy Cade (or hometown kid Suggs) to a talented 5 of Towns, McDaniels (steal of last draft), Edwards, Beasley and Russell.

A wing/SF that is 3 level scorer, can defend, rebound, playmake, basically everything on a court:

One can only dream, but we wont keep the pick LOL

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why would they trade Towns? He’s still young.

glad for the Twolves @Osman , hope it leads to some changes for your org
Not exactly young. He's at a time where he needs to compete, and by the time Edwards and next incoming talent is ready he won't be in his prime probably. Ideally you want to build with Edwards as a center piece so you try to get picks for him. Also he's not a leader, he's a nice player but needs to be carried. He's maybe a 2nd player next to a really great player or a 3rd next to two better all-stars, on championship contenders. Send him to a team that is close to winning but not quite there yet and get picks. Then if they keep their top 3 protected pick and Edwards they have a good base for the future. Win win for both sides imo

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Not exactly young. He's at a time where he needs to compete, and by the time Edwards and next incoming talent is ready he won't be in his prime probably. Ideally you want to build with Edwards as a center piece so you try to get picks for him. Also he's not a leader, he's a nice player but needs to be carried. He's maybe a 2nd player next to a really great player or a 3rd next to two better all-stars, on championship contenders. Send him to a team that is close to winning but not quite there yet and get picks. Then if they keep their top 3 protected pick and Edwards they have a good base for the future. Win win for both sides imo
I agree that he’s not a #1 but he still has plenty of miles left. With him, Dlo, and Edwards, Twolves have a nice base and are theoretically poised to be contenders ina few years. Whatever picks they get for him would not be worth it, unless another superstar player is involved. They have to follow the Mavs plan where they won with Dirk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 87)