The NBA Thread (55 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So, Kyrona is at it again. He says he doesn't want to play/restart the season, and that basketball would be a distraction to the BLM movement :confused: :rolleyes2:

I beg to differ. Use basketball as a platform, reaching a global audience. Forgoing the season, and all that money that can be used/reinvested in the impacted communities, and not utilizing the platform the NBA provides to attract attention to the issue at hand, is far more detrimental IMHO.

Also, what the hell happened to The Starters? I can't believe they discontinued that show - it was very entertaining.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, Kyrona is at it again. He says he doesn't want to play/restart the season, and that basketball would be a distraction to the BLM movement :confused: :rolleyes2:

I beg to differ. Use basketball as a platform, reaching a global audience. Forgoing the season, and all that money that can be used/reinvested in the impacted communities, and not utilizing the platform the NBA provides to attract attention to the issue at hand, is far more detrimental IMHO.

Also, what the hell happened to The Starters? I can't believe they discontinued that show - it was very entertaining.

Ironically, all those protests and looting that took place could directly affect the start of all of the professional leagues in the US, given that another spike in cases is probably inevitable

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Some of the players hold him in high self esteem. I think he’s the VP of the players union or something like that.

you gotta remember, a lot of these athletes aren’t very well rounded education wise. Steph Curry was doubting the moon landing, JJ Redick thinks that dinosaur bones are fake, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Even Patrick Beverly is on Lebron's side. You know this world has gone upside down :lol:
if you’re referring to this tweet, that’s him antagonizing Lebron. It’s hard to tell tone over twitter but he’s saying the league sucks Lebron’s dick more or less.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Some of the players hold him in high self esteem. I think he’s the VP of the players union or something like that.

you gotta remember, a lot of these athletes aren’t very well rounded education wise. Steph Curry was doubting the moon landing, JJ Redick thinks that dinosaur bones are fake, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

if you’re referring to this tweet, that’s him antagonizing Lebron. It’s hard to tell tone over twitter but he’s saying the league sucks Lebron’s dick more or less.

It was? That's not how I interpreted it. Oh well.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Kyrie may be educated but he's better known for wrecking the locker room for every team he's played for

Plus, Kyrie is a noted flat earther so that provides a glimpse into just you how intelligent and wise he really is

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Kyrie may be educated but he's better known for wrecking the locker room for every team he's played for

Plus, Kyrie is a noted flat earther so that provides a glimpse into just you how intelligent and wise he really is
YouTube conspiracy theory videos have a lot to answer for.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I have to be honest. I honestly couldn't care less if any of these sports start back up again. And it would be really easy for me to say that if 3 of my teams in the US weren't championship contenders. However, the 49ers, Lakers, and Dodgers are arguably one of the better teams in their respective leagues.

I just don't really care anymore

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I can't see how they can re-start this season. In Florida, of all places.
buddy heild, jabari Parker and Alex Len, all from the Kings also tested positive.

I say let them all get it, then do the tournament. That way, everyone’s on a level playing field

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Vince Carter announced his retirement.

The only thing that could slow this man down was Coronavirus. And spending the next 4 months in Orlando. I wouldn't wish that on anyone :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 53)

• Ali