The NBA Thread (86 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If they smart, in case they keep being this bad for half a season, they should sit out Curry and semi tank for lottery pick. Imagine they get top 3 pick and get James Wiseman, exactly what they need. True elite defensive big talent.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If they smart, in case they keep being this bad for half a season, they should sit out Curry and semi tank for lottery pick. Imagine they get top 3 pick and get James Wiseman, exactly what they need. True elite defensive big talent.
If they are looking for a big man, he is the best of a very thin group of 7 foot players coming out this year. This draft appears to be LOADED with PG's. We're talking potentially 4 out of the Top 5 players being drafted, starting with a dude whose name rhymes with FaBello Mall, and ending with a red haired, Italian born white kid from the University of Arizona.

Yes.

Nico Mannion

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I know its PG heavy draft. Which is why its bittersweet Wolves have begun so awesome, imagine if we keep being good all season and get middling late 1st round pick, in a draft that is loaded with what we need the most, a PG.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Damian Lillard hot damn. The most clutch player in the NBA. Came on with 7 minutes to play and 19 points down and almost won the game single handedly.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Damian Lillard hot damn. The most clutch player in the NBA. Came on with 7 minutes to play and 19 points down and almost won the game single handedly.
Mike Conley on the other hand... You take out the game against the Kings, and he shot 4/34 in the Jazz's other 3 games this season. That's under 12% from the field. 1-16 against the Thunder, 3-11 against the Lakers, 0-7 tonight against the Suns. :lol2:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

:tuttosport:

Flawless so far, best rim protector in the league in this stretch, one of the best shooters and scorers, rebounders, even has 5 assists a game etc. He is dialed in and super aggressive.

It helps that he is the only big in the lineup now, Covington is playing the 4 this season, unlike last seasons with dieng or Gibson, who clog the lane and wait under the rim. Made it so the other teams centre and power forward were allways close by to double team Towns. Now with Covington on perimeter they cant afford it, if they try Towns just pass open shooters, even for a bad shooting team like Wolves its winning basketball. Towns even handles the ball off the key and assists from there, besides the great 3 point shooting so far (makes 5 a game at high efficiency).

Really liking this new young Wolves filled with roleplaying wings, Layman, Devonte Graham and Okogie have been fantastic with constant motion offense and working hard for each other. Wiggins his usual chucker self...

Except he clutched it vs Nets in last quarter and overtime time. And even better vs Miami, he scored 16 out of 17 Wolves points, when we were down 9 pts in last few minutes. 4 straight 3s. Singlehandedly won the game.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Mike Conley on the other hand... You take out the game against the Kings, and he shot 4/34 in the Jazz's other 3 games this season. That's under 12% from the field. 1-16 against the Thunder, 3-11 against the Lakers, 0-7 tonight against the Suns. :lol2:
Lol. But it's only four games in I guess, Lillard knows his set inside out. Jazz are struggling on offence tbh, thankfully Bogdanovic hit the ground running and the depth chipped in.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Mike Conley on the other hand... You take out the game against the Kings, and he shot 4/34 in the Jazz's other 3 games this season. That's under 12% from the field. 1-16 against the Thunder, 3-11 against the Lakers, 0-7 tonight against the Suns. 2:
He makes Lonzo and Rubio at their worst days, look like they are prime time 68% true shooting Curry.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm jealous you even have the option my man.

This will be the biggest test for this new young Wolves, and especially for this improved Towns. Embiid is allways been the toughest defensive matchup, but now he has Horford next to him, should be the worst possible scenario lol.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm jealous you even have the option my man.

This will be the biggest test for this new young Wolves, and especially for this improved Towns. Embiid is allways been the toughest defensive matchup, but now he has Horford next to him, should be the worst possible scenario lol.
kat looks nasty this year, dudes out to prove himself. And if Wiggins keep this scoring up, timbs will be scary. I legit feel bad for teams in the West, they all look like playoff material at this point.

Embiid should have a good year, the one player that always gave him trouble was Horford and now they’re on the same team lol.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I cant wait for Giannis to play Philly in eastern conference final or semi final. He had a nightmare with Raptors clogging lane, but now he has Horford who was only Celtic who allways sonned him, and Embiid who is immovable wall. Defenitely better then then Ibaka/Gasol combo he had difficulty with.

Yeah Towns is flat out insane so far. Ryan Saunders is using him so well and built the team whole around him and flexible switching wings who cut in alot to Kats passes or space very well so no one can double team Kat under rim anymore.

It will be odd who takes Covington for Philly, they are all tall, but he our power forward this season, and Embiid or Horford will have to stay stuck to the perimeter to defend his spot ups, leaving the other for Towns. Life is defenitely easier for Towns now that he doesnt have to play with Gibson or Dieng who took away his wiggle room under the rim, and attracted other teams Bigs to allways stay close to rim and double team Kat since our other Bigs were so non threatening.

Also watch out for Jake Layman, this white boy can fly lol, so damn athletic and decent hot streak shooter.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I will say this though @Post Ironic .

The Brandon Ingram's Lonzo ball's Josh Hart's come along every year, or every 2 years in the draft.

A talent like AD is generational, and this is why you move heaven and earth to get him

- - - Updated - - -

40/20 in basically 2 and 1/2 quarters is just something that only the truly elite can do

- - - Updated - - -

I still want BI back, though :sigh:

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
definitely. Right now I’m like damn that’s a thin bench
:agree:

Signing and then losing Cousins was a big blow.

Kuzma said he’d been working on his ball-handling all offseason and we’ll see it much improved, but who knows there.

Rondo will help with ball-handling but he’s a mess as far as shooting and D go. Definitely some big flaws in this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 12, Guests: 69)