The NBA Thread (75 Viewers)

momo6

Jun 18, 2019
I’m not sure what you have against Lebron.

It’s funny tho, we feel completely different. I like Lebron since he’s an amazing human being and one of the best basketball players to ever live but I hate the Lakers and hope they never win another title again.
You can hate Lakers and Lebron. They are made for each other

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I don't dislike The Lakers, far from it. Shaq, Kobe, Magic, Kareem, and Worthy are all great great players, and some of my favorites. I always rooted for the Lakers against those smug cuntish Leprechauns of House Celtics :p Now, there's a team I can't stand, along with Mormon Fags Utah and The Mavs.

I just don't want Lebum to win, EVER!
Same here man. Just like you I don't wanna see LeFungus winning the championship ever again. I like that 3-6 record that he has in the finals and don't want it to change

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Getting AD is all great but really trading away their depth? Also Kawhi is a pipe dream. Le Lakers are gonna get Kyrie back with his chum LeBron. Who knows, Kawhi might stay at Raptors for another season
Im not sure Kyrie will sign up to be 3rd choice, hes got too much pride, Kawhi seems more of a team 1st guy to me.

And depth at this stage of the season is a non issue, just watch when some quality players from bad teams start getting bought out of their contracts and signing for the vet. min. for playoff teams. Depth is the last thing id be worried about if we have James-Davis-Leonard

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome btw

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway

giphy.gif

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can taste your tears already, dude. Delicious.

For real though, unless we have convinced New Orleans to hold off on the deal until July 30th, and AD to waive his trade bonus, we're well short of max cap space.:sad:

The Lakers have capologists in their front office. They've prepared for either scenario in respect to the cap.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Except that there is absolutely nothing to hate about Lebron. Model athlete, model citizen, multiple winner and all around solid great guy.
I don't hate him. I just don't rate him as highly as some do, and feel he's a bit of an arrogant cunt for that whole decision BS, the video where he stated that he feels he might be the greatest of all time, and tampering allegations.

He's probably top 5 of all time, and a great all round player, but I never want to see him win again.

Jun 17, 2019
I don't hate him. I just don't rate him as highly as some do, and feel he's a bit of an arrogant cunt for that whole decision BS, the video where he stated that he feels he might be the greatest of all time, and tampering allegations.

He's probably top 5 of all time, and a great all round player, but I never want to see him win again.
LeBron will win at least one more championship. The Lakers signing Anthony Davis is a good way to start.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Im not sure Kyrie will sign up to be 3rd choice, hes got too much pride, Kawhi seems more of a team 1st guy to me.

And depth at this stage of the season is a non issue, just watch when some quality players from bad teams start getting bought out of their contracts and signing for the vet. min. for playoff teams. Depth is the last thing id be worried about if we have James-Davis-Leonard

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome btw

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway

giphy.gif
Kwahi is most definitely not a team first guy. He’s building his brand. That’s the whole reason he left San Antonio. Whoever signs him better be ready to build the team around him or that quad’s gonna tighten up real quick.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The off-season is getting spicy. So far in the news:

1. CP3 and Harden have a troublesome marriage and according to reports are ready to separate. Good news for all contending teams, now what team could possibly afford CP3’s $44 mill/yr contract? Or will it be Harden who leaves?

2. Al Horford is looking to sign a 4 year contract with a team that is not Boston. Glad to see Ainge with egg in his face and fuck Boston. Embiid will wreck them if Al leaves.

3. The Sixers are likely to win the championship next season and there is nothing any of you can say to convince me otherwise.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
LeBron will win at least one more championship. The Lakers signing Anthony Davis is a good way to start.
Maybe, maybe not. He might win none. He's not getting any younger, and AD alone isn't going to carry them to a title. They'll be more competitive, but it is by no means a guarantee. Anyway, I hope you're wrong.

The Lakers can win as many titles as they want once Lebum retires.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Kwahi is most definitely not a team first guy. He’s building his brand. That’s the whole reason he left San Antonio. Whoever signs him better be ready to build the team around him or that quad’s gonna tighten up real quick.
Off the court hes about that (=Lakers), on the court hes more willing to give up touches and play within a system than a James or a Harden are for example. Plus i think hed be the best player on a team with a 35 yo James and Davis and would take over as the face of the franchise soon. Having said that, i dont think he comes as we will probably be short on cap space to offer him the max

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The off-season is getting spicy. So far in the news:

1. CP3 and Harden have a troublesome marriage and according to reports are ready to separate. Good news for all contending teams, now what team could possibly afford CP3’s $44 mill/yr contract? Or will it be Harden who leaves?

2. Al Horford is looking to sign a 4 year contract with a team that is not Boston. Glad to see Ainge with egg in his face and fuck Boston. Embiid will wreck them if Al leaves.

3. The Sixers are likely to win the championship next season and there is nothing any of you can say to convince me otherwise.
Most overrated GM ever. His obsession with "winning" every trade has put them in this spot. Couldn't happen to a nicer douchebag.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Most overrated GM ever. His obsession with "winning" every trade has put them in this spot. Couldn't happen to a nicer douchebag.
He got lucky with McHale gifting him Garnett (i wanted him in LA so badly) and whoever the retard in charge for Brooklyn at that time was, giving him a fortune for 3 semi retired players. And he would have gotten away with it and people would rate him as a top GM if he knew when to cash in on it. Luckily for us, he didnt.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
... Or he'll loss at least one more final. He's the best in the league at doing that.

Half of the 76ers roster is unrestricted agents. You guys gonna have a hard time keeping them all in Philly. Butler, Reddick, Harris, Scott.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I knew about the purchasing of 2nd round draft picks (Clarkson is a prime example).

It sounds like they are trying to go all in on a 3rd star. I'm still on the fence about this. Toronto won with vastly superior depth being a factor.

Unless it is Kyrie or Kawhi, then no. There is no one else that would be worthy of that full max slot, in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I think that they are trying to do this to bring in 3-4 good players that fill a need on this team.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Brooklyn looks like a promising team now and it’s NY so big market.

Kyrie, DLo, Dimwiddie, they got talent. If I’m Brooklyn, I don’t want Kyrie tho. Too many young players, he’s gonna cause rifts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 68)