The NBA Thread (32 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ric Bucher is now reporting that Kobe contacted him this morning and told him that he wants nothing to do with the Lakers right now.

I can't believe this. This is horrible. Pelinka needs to be fired NOW.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Keep this up, and the chances of us meeting up in Philly decrease by the minute.
Haha im just messing with you. Pelinka really does need to go. The real problem here is Jeanie tho, she’s the one who appointed him and even if she fires him, who the hell knows what the replacement will look like?

Teams are better when the owners don’t get as involved imo.

I wonder if you guys can get Ujiri. That dude knows his shit. Too bad Hinkie got banned.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Ric Bucher is now reporting that Kobe contacted him this morning and told him that he wants nothing to do with the Lakers right now.

I can't believe this. This is horrible. Pelinka needs to be fired NOW.
It’s probably for the best that Kobe isn’t involved.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Thats litterally what they need. WAY TOO MANY who went completely broke after their careers.

This was not a superstar (tho clear exciting talent), and didnt have long career, but gives you a heads up on the kind of life they can come from and what a stark change it is to have all that money (and fame), you can lose it all before you know it, its a nice read: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/what-the-hell-happened-to-darius-miles
I'm well aware of all the broke former NBA stars, which I guess is to be expected when so many come from poor backgrounds and no financial management education, but these are just plain marketing opportunism. The theoretical day Leonard goes broke you won't see these guys anywhere.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:lol:

Man, the chaos around this organization right now is just too much.

Apparently Jeannie Buss just like a tweet linking a story where Magic says if he could start over he would have replaced Luke Walton and Rob Pelinka right away. :shifty:
Magic needs to stop tweetin and Jeanie needs to sell the team. At least the off-season will be that much more interesting on top of all the free agents.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Of course! Because I’m the GM!

It’s apparently everyone but Harden.

I can't see anyone taking on Chris Paul's contract unless Houston is willing to take on some bad contracts back. His decline was in full swing this year.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that Clint Capela is probably the most attractive piece, considering he is a premier rim protector.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I can't see anyone taking on Chris Paul's contract unless Houston is willing to take on some bad contracts back. His decline was in full swing this year.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that Clint Capela is probably the most attractive piece, considering he is a premier rim protector.
I could see Paul being attractive to a bad team looking to put butts in the seat. But yeah, bar some miraculous recovery, he’s on his way out though his assist numbers were still pretty good.

Agreed. Capella and Gordon are our big gets. I’m interested to see what Morey does. Apparently he’s dead set on retooling into a championship contender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 22)

• Ali