The NBA Thread (67 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well duh, you get the player who is solid/above average defender, and shoots well from 3, essentially a solid 3&D guy, and you gave up what? An end rotation guy who wont prolly see any minutes with Pistons, and barely saw any for you. And a pointless 2nd rounder?

I mean Bullocks was shooting 6-7 3s vs Wolves not long ago, in both times we faced them in that same week. He is legit 3&D guy, fits with rotation piece and Lebron ball. He basically giving you what you need, shooting. I doubt Pistons will survive the playoff chase if you give up a contributer like him and get Svi who evidently isnt NBA calibre player yet.

He was absolutely killing us this game, and he isnt supposed to be a premier scoring option lol.

So the Pistons traded for a young player to not play him? If he wasnt playig here it doesent mean he wont there, as these are very different situations. The kid has shown promise in the embarassingly low amount of minutes that Walton gave him. I saw instances when the game was over by the 7 minute mark in the 4th, and Svi gets the last 2 minutes only. The guy pisses me of so much this season

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So the Pistons traded for a young player to not play him? If he wasnt playig here it doesent mean he wont there, as these are very different situations. The kid has shown promise in the embarassingly low amount of minutes that Walton gave him. I saw instances when the game was over by the 7 minute mark in the 4th, and Svi gets the last 2 minutes only. The guy pisses me of so much this season
The Pistons get Cap relief

- - - Updated - - -

Cutting what my dude? Lakers is dumpster fire without Lebron.

And things are so much better now with what his agent and his agency have just caused?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I barely seen him play btw, only garbage minutes when you were losing vs Wolves, and couple other rare times. But as dire as Pistons rotation is, its not easy getting into the regular rotation of an NBA team. I'm gonna guess Svi gonna be the 3rd SG in rotation, after Bruce Bowen jr and Luke Kennard. Good luck to him, hope he develops and takens big chunk of minutes necessary to develop. But it might at just be another player they just stash there with no plans for him. Its fairly common occurance.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His shot never started falling, and he never got adjusted to speed of NBA game. I like him long term as 3 and D back end of bench but he’s nowhere near ready for regular minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a pattern here. He has left his former teams in disarray after he has left. I don't want this to happen to us. I thought we would be smarter than this. @Post Ironic
Agreed. But let’s practice patience for now until we see something happen.

We talk about Magic and Lebron having patience with the project but we’re ready to jump all over them before we even know what’s going on.

Wait for summer. We can have our meltdown then if it all goes to hell in a handbasket. :weee:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Speaking of your boy Svi zizinho, it just got easier for him to get minutes in Pistons maybe. Minus Bullock already in SG/SF slot, now Pistons also traded away Stanley Johnson, their second SF, to Bucks for Thon Maker. Major moves in NBA :D

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Spurs are playing warriors in Oakland and Pop with his usual I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude has Poltl-Belinelli-walker-cunningham-Forbs halfway into 1st and somehow trailing by 2 only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@CR 7

https://deadspin.com/report-the-pelicans-invented-a-new-kind-of-tampering-a-1832415741

Windhorst describes the “information war” going on behind the scenes across the NBA—and presumably centered on Anthony Davis—as like nothing he’s ever seen in his 16 years covering the NBA. If it’s true that the Pelicans have been stringing the Lakers along and outsourcing bad-faith trade communications to the same reporters who facilitated what the Pelicans all along saw as tampering, and did all this to nuke the Lakers’ internal chemistry and torpedo the second half of their season, holy shit! They invented a new kind of tampering, and deployed it like a goddamn smart-bomb! The Pelicans may be horrendous at building a contender around a generational talent, but for sheer dark-hearted vindictiveness, they are in a class all their own.
Dude. This is what I'm talking about, and why I am not going to throw Magic, Pelinka, Lebron under the bus just yet. Dell Demps is a complete fuckwad, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were true, and the Pelicans entered negotiations in bad faith here, with no actual desire to listen to offers of any sort from the Lakers, and leaked as damaging information as possible about negotiations for a trade they were never actually going to entertain.

- - - Updated - - -

It was also the Pelicans who leaked the initial trade request by AD to the media, and only then did Rich Paul come out and make the statement that yes, AD asked for a trade and wanted to be upfront about it. Rich Paul had nothing to do with that. The dirty players in this whole scenario are Dell Demps and the Pelicans. Without their leaking through the entire process to sabotage any possibility of this being done cleanly, none of this ridiculous public uproar and outrage happens.

As Davis explained, he and his representation informed the Pelicans front office late last week of his plans to not sign a contract extension this offseason and his wishes to be traded before his current deal expires — something he and his agent, Rich Paul, planned to keep private.

According to Davis, someone with knowledge of the conversation leaked it to members of the media, who reached out to Paul on Monday to confirm the rumor's authenticity. In speaking on the record on behalf of his client, Paul incurred a $50,000 fine on Davis from the league.
“We didn’t want to leak it to the media. We wanted to do it in-house, but that wasn’t on us,” he said.
The only thing one could say about Magic in this situation, is he needs to be less naive, and not engage with bad faith actors. Not entirely his fault though.

If the Pelicans organization really has been selectively leaking shit through this entire process and negotiating in bad faith, the NBA should absolutely step in and throw the book at them.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Chill out there little victim complex. First of all, there’s no way to prove that the Pelicans did not seriously consider the trades. Second of all, what book will the NBA throw at them, what rules did they break?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I just hate the notion that somehow the Lakers are tampering. There is no proof of it. If there were, Adam Silver would have done something about this already

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So Pels are the bad guys here? Really?
Leaking that AD refused to sign a contract extension and requested a trade and causing him to be fined for acknowledging this when the media asks about it. Yep.

Asking the NBA to enforce tampering rules strictly before Negotiating in bad faith, and selectively leaking as damaging information as possible about another organization’s offers of young players. Yep.

Players in the last year/2 of their contracts have asked for trades numerous times, rarely does their organization leak it to the media and make the process as public and ugly as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Chill out there little victim complex. First of all, there’s no way to prove that the Pelicans did not seriously consider the trades. Second of all, what book will the NBA throw at them, what rules did they break?
Says the 76ers fan who whines every time anything goes the Lakers way. :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Um no offense Post Ironic, but you realize Windhorts is entirely a Lebron media guy? He made his career being fed Intel by Bron/Klutch and spinning it in media as in the know guy. Otherwise he would be just another talking head that's rarely noticed. It's not remotely surprising he is playing media attorney for their camp in this. He did the same during time Bron had the decision to last time threw Kyrie and his teammates under the bus. Windhorts is 100% his caper and indirect media mouth piece.

Trying to vilify Pelicans as intentionally mastermind sabotaging Lakers entire season is rich You realize its them who in middle of the season are having their franchise player saying he wants trade, and only to Lakers? What's Lakers greviance, oh no they couldn't just pluck a superstar player on demand just like that? The team has him on contract til 2020 actually dont want to be rushed to deal or destination they dont want? Let's call the Geneva convention on them for abusing the divine rights of tampering of Bron and Klutch sports.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If rich paul was not the agent of a Lakers client, I really have to wonder how far this would have gotten. My gripe with the Lakers is the fact that they did nothing to stop this.

- - - Updated - - -

Um no offense Post Ironic, but you realize Windhorts is entirely a Lebron media guy? He made his career being fed Intel by Bron/Klutch and spinning it in media as in the know guy. Otherwise he would be just another talking head that's rarely noticed. It's not remotely surprising he is playing media attorney for their camp in this. He did the same during time Bron had the decision to last time threw Kyrie and his teammates under the bus. Windhorts is 100% his caper and indirect media mouth piece.

Trying to vilify Pelicans as intentionally mastermind sabotaging Lakers entire season is rich You realize its them who in middle of the season are having their franchise player saying he wants trade, and only to Lakers? What's Lakers greviance, oh no they couldn't just pluck a superstar player on demand just like that? The team has him on contract til 2020 actually dont want to be rushed to deal or destination they dont want? Let's call the Geneva convention on them for abusing the divine rights of tampering of Bron and Klutch sports.

please show me where the Lakers specifically asked Davis to request a trade. That is tampering of the highest order, and Adam Silver would have done something about it

- - - Updated - - -

And Windhorst is no longer part of Lebron's inner circle

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I’m not at all bothered about them not agreeing to trade AD to the Lakers. That’s not at all the issue.

But leaking the AD request and causing the entire thing to be aired out in public in as ugly a way as possible is gross.

They could have gone about it quietly and refused any offer, kept him until summer without making it all public. Like pretty much every other big trade of a star player. Instead they chose to leak it to the media and then publicly ask the nba to strictly enforce tampering rules.

Pretty clearly playing their own game here.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I’m not at all bothered about them not agreeing to trade AD to the Lakers. That’s not at all the issue.

But leaking the AD request and causing the entire thing to be aired out in public in as ugly a way as possible is gross.

They could have gone about it quietly and refused any offer, kept him until summer without making it all public. Like pretty much every other big trade of a star player. Instead they chose to leak it to the media and then publicly ask the nba to strictly enforce tampering rules.

Pretty clearly playing their own game here.
Why not make it public? They want to get the best return on their investment and this way other teams have time to put together an offer next summer. Not everything has to benefit the Lakers, you know?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And lol at just the Lakers. He gave them 4 teams. The Knicks even negotiated with them on a trade, with Porzingis and picks involved. And the Clippers have acquired picks and assets to make a deal possible.

Again, the Pelicans made this public. They chose to have the media spotlight this. They chose to ask the NBA to enforce tampering rules clearly pointing the finger at the Lakers.

They could have easily just privately refused Lakers offers. And not made such a public mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not make it public? They want to get the best return on their investment and this way other teams have time to put together an offer next summer. Not everything has to benefit the Lakers, you know?
What? If it’s private they have to accept the Lakers offers? Lol. Right. They can choose to negotiate with and make AD available to any team they want. Private or public. They chose to make this messy.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They should gone quiet about it? Why? The media literally have been for 4-5 months pushing AD to lakers (you think that's a coincidence?), Lebron even says publically he wants AD in Lakers. And suddenly AD demands trade and his agent publically says he wants a trade. You are not seriously naive enough to believe this convenient blaming game surely? Its one side who wants to force their way out, and specially only to Lakers, and everything has been in the open, but somehow Pelicans are the villains for leaking what? That Lakers made trade offers? Well duh they did, if they don't want to hurt their feelings, maybe don't use your young guys, who Pelicans dont seem to want, in trade offers.

Sorry but its insanely rich to blame this on Pelicans when they have been besieged all season by media doing Lakers bidding, then their player changing to Lebrons agency, and demanding trade, and having trade offers to them. All this to force their hand before trade deadline. Woopty doo, that abrasive tactic didnt. Neither does trying to make them in the villains. Dell Demps is incompetent as fvck, but he hardly can be blamed for this situation. It was forced on him and he isn't having it. It's his prerogative.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Putting out a trade request in public is not something that is done. It makes your player look bad, for starters.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
And lol at just the Lakers. He gave them 4 teams. The Knicks even negotiated with them on a trade, with Porzingis and picks involved. And the Clippers have acquired picks and assets to make a deal possible.

Again, the Pelicans made this public. They chose to have the media spotlight this. They chose to ask the NBA to enforce tampering rules clearly pointing the finger at the Lakers.

They could have easily just privately refused Lakers offers. And not made such a public mess.
And what do they benefit from keeping it private? This way, the celtics are also a possible trade partner, there’s word that even Toronto might try to give up something for AD. Keeping it private fucks the Pelicans over.

And as far as they’re concerned, it doesn’t matter where AD wants to go, they can trade him anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Putting out a trade request in public is not something that is done. It makes your player look bad, for starters.
Their franchise player who said he doesn’t want to play for them anymore.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And Windhorst is no longer part of Lebron's inner circle
Maybe tell that to him, because he is still being a sycchophant who tries everything to placate Lebrons agenda any time anything related to him is brought up. Prolly trying to get back in.

He has zero credibility in being objective about him. Woj, Shams or many others are more reliable because they simply report what they hear, dont take sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)