The NBA Thread (48 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
You still don't seem to understand the difference between being the unquestioned #1 stat black-hole on a team and a #2 - of course Butler's, George's and IT's stats will be superior, in one way or another, to Kyrie's.

Last year was an aberration in IT's career, yet you and many others keep treating it as the norm for a player who is well into his prime. Same goes for Butler and George. Kyrie is yet to even enter his prime years.

Regarding IT, his hip seems to be a chronic issue in the sense that, while he may heal given enough time, it is just a matter of time before the issue reappears again. In short, IT is damaged goods making him, as well as Crowder and Zizic, a throw-in - the trade was really Kyrie for that Nets pick, the players, including IT, were make-weight.

Unlike IT, Kyrie can actually play defense and be very good at it. The problem is he's been inconsistent in his effort but he also had never played on a Brad Stevens team, so time will tell how that goes.
Something to always keep in mind regarding Kyrie, as it was probably the biggest reason why Celtics made this trade - Kyrie, unlike IT, George, Butler, is yet to enter his prime and still developing as a player.

That Brooklyn pick, assuming it ends up being high enough and doesn't turn out to be a bust (two significant assumptions), would yield a difference maker at Kyrie's level in 5-6 years from now. And that's the best-case scenario ...
Lol how is IT, Butler, George stats black hole on their teams, they all led their teams to success being the number option on their teams, something Kyrie never did. Never been to the playoffs withou Lebron, last IIRC correctly the cavs record without Lebron was like 4-13.
I already told you that i like Kyrie, but we can only judge him from what we've seen till now, he may be the best one on one player in the NBA, but to be a franchise player he needs to make players around him better, play defense and play winning basketball.

And you cant be serious saying that Kyrie can be very good at defense, he's a blackhole on defense, only thing you can hope for is for him to be average and not net negative on that side of the ball.

I know that the Celts traded for Kyrie hoping that he will turn out to the player he can be, only things i said that Butler and George are much better players right now because they are elite defensively and very good on O. Second thing is that they overpayed, that Nets picks could get you a very good player at the trade deadline ( Cousins ? ) or a star in next year draft seeing is top heavy.

And the most important thing is that the Cavs had no other offers, if the Celts waited a little bit they could had him at a much better price than this, The Cavs didn't want Kyrie at the camp start so they would've traded him anyway before the season.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Melo to OKC. Gotta give them credit for trying.

I would be doing that above if I was Russ right now :lol: Imagine playing with Melo suddenly instead of fucking Enes Kanter :nico:

Even if its harder with the no trade clause that Melo gets to keep in the deal, I would be FUMING if I was NY fan (Dolan needs to hide), if I give up an elite scorer, regardless of the black hole drama, for fucking Enes Kanter, McDermott and 2018 2nd round pick lol, its litterally better to fish in free agent then this...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
RW finally has someone that can score the damn ball, will be interesting to follow if they can find the chemistry and function together for sure. Another thing I'm interested in, who's gonna play out of position? PG at the two or Melo at the 4? I'd go with the 2nd as I'd keep PG on the perimeter for defense and because the other 2 starters should probably be Robertson and Adams

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah giving up Kanter (he is horrible lol, amazing get back for OKC), suggest Melo at the 4 for sure IMO. His post game and perimeter defenitely fits that. PG is tall as fuck, so it would be kinda waste to have him in SG IMO.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Melo is quite strong, and tall enough to be a 4, also he can switch on smaller players on pnrs. Only problem will be guarding tall players like Davis, Porzingis etc but that goes both ways - how will they guard him? And Robertson-George will probably be the strongest perimeter pair in the league defensively

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Melo is quite strong, and tall enough to be a 4, also he can switch on smaller players on pnrs. Only problem will be guarding tall players like Davis, Porzingis etc but that goes both ways - how will they guard him? And Robertson-George will probably be the strongest perimeter pair in the league defensively
I dont think Melo is an acquisition that can make them championship contenders, the guy is a liability these days, takes tons of crappy shots, but he's definitely more useful as a 4, he's a joke as a 3

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I dont think Melo is an acquisition that can make them championship contenders, the guy is a liability these days, takes tons of crappy shots, but he's definitely more useful as a 4, he's a joke as a 3
in his defense, he did play on a bad team last few years and if you add the Phil Jackson incidents on that, you can somewhat justify him playing the way he did. but if he has his mind set onto fitting into the team with RW and PG, and going for a championship with the Thunder (i assume it was his choice to join them), i think you will see a different Melo than you did the last couple of years. i simply dont see him going to a team looking to trouble the Warriors to jack up tough shot after tough shot, neither would he be allowed to do that. so his motive must be clear, go for the championship and do everything thats needed to be done to give his team the best possible shot

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
in his defense, he did play on a bad team last few years and if you add the Phil Jackson incidents on that, you can somewhat justify him playing the way he did. but if he has his mind set onto fitting into the team with RW and PG, and going for a championship with the Thunder (i assume it was his choice to join them), i think you will see a different Melo than you did the last couple of years. i simply dont see him going to a team looking to trouble the Warriors to jack up tough shot after tough shot, neither would he be allowed to do that. so his motive must be clear, go for the championship and do everything thats needed to be done to give his team the best possible shot
oh I agree, I've been following Porzingis a lot and he basically said that NY Knicks have no attack plan whatsoever, they just take turns on making solo efforts, that's one fucked up team with basically two coaches and no plan.

my problem with Melo is that his ego can't stomach the fact that he might be having an off night, even if he's cold and Porzingis, Rose or whoever are on fire, he'll still try to be the savior in attack. maybe he will be able to live with the fact that RW or PG are now the first and second violin, but I somehow doubt that

talking about Knicks, Noah with 18m per season must be the most expensive third center in the league, surely they'll try to trade Kanter further, otherwise it makes little sense

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@King of Kings, did you see Wolves v Lakers pre season opener? Just watching 2nd half of it right now.

Did not know you signed Bogut, dope pickup if he stays healthy. Missed us getting Aaron Brooks too.

So far of all the new players im liking Teague the most, he makes such a difference over Rubio, he is so smooth attacking the lanes at will.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@King of Kings, did you see Wolves v Lakers pre season opener? Just watching 2nd half of it right now.

Did not know you signed Bogut, dope pickup if he stays healthy. Missed us getting Aaron Brooks too.

So far of all the new players im liking Teague the most, he makes such a difference over Rubio, he is so smooth attacking the lanes at will.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
I ended up falling asleep on the couch. I'll try to watch it layer, as I recorded it.

I knew I was going to fall asleep :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)