The NBA Thread (101 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Brad Stevens was far more instrumental than Thomas in bringing Hayward to Boston. By a country mile

Ofcourse as his former college coach, but still Thomas was part of the recruitment drive like he would play with Gordon. And pretty much been the heart and soul of that Celtics team past couple years (and not only because of being the best player). Its just a bussiness after all, but its bit of a bummer still, this is big upgrade for the future, but I would be bit sad if I was Celtics fan due to ideal example set and heart Thomas played with.

Btw, is Aine the first one ever to complete change a 1st seed squad? Its like just a handful of them still left. Tho I understand all of it, pretty much everyone who left wanted more money then they deserve in next contract signing, and in Crowders case who will be a loss defensively, who has a great bargain contract, it was strictly about making room for Tatum and Jaylen, while still having Hayward and Morris in same position too.

This deal would been FINE IF HE DID NOT GIVE AWAY THE FUCKING PICK. Its not like Cavs had a deal that was even half as good as this one without the pick, why be strong armed by adding that, come on. Why give Cavs the chance to rebuild? Dont get it.

I'm corious of how much Kyrie will average ppg now, I'm guessing 28-30-ish? :D

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
IT/Rose
Smith/Korver/Shumpert
LBJ/Crowder/Green
Love/Crowder
TT/Zizic

The Cavs clearly got better, they get the same production of Kyrie form IT, adding crowder is huge for them and the BKN pick :seven:

And they can wade if gets bought out.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Kyrie is a championship level PG. Who is also 3 years younger than Thomas, and under contract for the next 2 years at a salary that will still be less than what Thomas is looking for. Irving was so happy to join the Celtics that he waived his 15% trade kicker that was built into his contract. That is 3 million dollars he left on the table this year to go to Boston

The Celtics got younger and better with this trade. Unless people actually think that Thomas is on the same level as Kyrie. Add Hayward and Tatum to this squad, and they are crazy dangerous in the east.

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse as his former college coach, but still Thomas was part of the recruitment drive like he would play with Gordon. And pretty much been the heart and soul of that Celtics team past couple years (and not only because of being the best player). Its just a bussiness after all, but its bit of a bummer still, this is big upgrade for the future, but I would be bit sad if I was Celtics fan due to ideal example set and heart Thomas played with.

Btw, is Aine the first one ever to complete change a 1st seed squad? Its like just a handful of them still left. Tho I understand all of it, pretty much everyone who left wanted more money then they deserve in next contract signing, and in Crowders case who will be a loss defensively, who has a great bargain contract, it was strictly about making room for Tatum and Jaylen, while still having Hayward and Morris in same position too.

This deal would been FINE IF HE DID NOT GIVE AWAY THE FUCKING PICK. Its not like Cavs had a deal that was even half as good as this one without the pick, why be strong armed by adding that, come on. Why give Cavs the chance to rebuild? Dont get it.

I'm corious of how much Kyrie will average ppg now, I'm guessing 28-30-ish? :D
For a player like Kyrie Irving, you give up the pick. Not for players like George or Butler. But for a 25 year old championship level PG who has been there and shined in the playoffs? Definitely. No question. That pick could be anything. It could be #1, or #10. It is a variable, even though it is an expensive one. You know that you are getting a top level superstar who hasn't even entered his prime yet in Irving. That is the type of player that you trade a potential #1 pick for.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Kyrie is a championship level PG. Who is also 4 years younger than Thomas, and under contract for the next 2 years at a salary that will still be less than what Thomas is looking for. Irving was so happy to join the Celtics that he waived his 15% trade kicker that was built into his contract. That is 3 million dollars he left on the table this year to go to Boston

The Celtics got younger and better with this trade. Unless people actually think that Thomas is on the same level as Kyrie. Add Hayward and Tatum to this squad, and they are crazy dangerous in the east.
IT will give you the same offensive production Kyrie gave the Cavs, the stats shows that he's better offensively, he's a better floor general than Kyrie, he will help run the offense when Lebron is not playing, something Kyrie couldn't do. Also IT is one of the best off the ball players in the NBA, constant running around pics, which IMO will work well with Lebron.
Kyrie is a little better defensively ( neither is good ) but IT is a better team defender.
Both are clutch.

All in all, IT, Crowder, Zizic, and potential very good player for the BKN pick if they decide to trade it will give the cavs better chances against GSW.

And i think the celts fucked up, because Paul George, Jimmy Butler who both are better players thank Kyrie were traded for less.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
IT will give you the same offensive production Kyrie gave the Cavs, the stats shows that he's better offensively, he's a better floor general than Kyrie, he will help run the offense when Lebron is not playing, something Kyrie couldn't do. Also IT is one of the best off the ball players in the NBA, constant running around pics, which IMO will work well with Lebron.
Kyrie is a little better defensively ( neither is good ) but IT is a better team defender.
Both are clutch.

All in all, IT, Crowder, Zizic, and potential very good player for the BKN pick if they decide to trade it will give the cavs better chances against GSW.

And i think the celts fucked up, because Paul George, Jimmy Butler who both are better players thank Kyrie were traded for less.
Yeah, No.

Butler and George are better than Kyrie Irving? Ok. And how is IT a better floor general when he averaged less assist than Kyrie, who isn't even the primary ball handler on the Cavs? See, here's the thing. We see the numbers that Kyrie put up as the 2nd player behind James, and aside from his ppg, every other stat on Kyrie is better than IT. How will Thomas fare as the secondary ball handler and scorer? You don't know how that is going to work.

- - - Updated - - -

I take back the assists part. 5.9 to 5.8 for Thomas.

As the primary ball handler and distributor

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
IT is inferior to Kyrie, its by little on past season, but on the long haul its by significant margin. The stats, who you overrate are pointless because one played with Lebron, while the other was THE ONLY ALLSTAR level player in his team. There is HUGE DIFFERENCE between being primary ball handler in team that have no stars to one that plays with hugely demanding and focal all time great like Lebron. You will be 2nd fiddle in big way. I thought kyrie would go to an average/shit team to statswhore, but now he actually goes to a very good team to statswhore :D

But I still dont think they should given the pick. All the players they gave away is fine, they hit the ceiling with them and its fine trading them (not even sure IT will resign with Cavs btw...). But unless Ainge is severely overrating DLoad/Russell by thinking it will be bad lottery pick due him significantly improving Nets, I do not get why you would trade away that pick when Cavs were in bad negotiation situation where they werent getting any good offers at all.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
To get a player like Kyrie Irving, you make that trade. He's a superstar and elite PG. Thomas had one really good year, and that was last year.

and @Osman, the reason why I brought up the stats is because we do not know what Thomas will be able to put up as the 2nd wheel. Less shots, less opportunities with the ball in his hand.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah, No.

Butler and George are better than Kyrie Irving? Ok. And how is IT a better floor general when he averaged less assist than Kyrie, who isn't even the primary ball handler on the Cavs? See, here's the thing. We see the numbers that Kyrie put up as the 2nd player behind James, and aside from his ppg, every other stat on Kyrie is better than IT. How will Thomas fare as the secondary ball handler and scorer? You don't know how that is going to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Either LeBron gives up more time with the rock in his hand (won't happen) or IT does, if so his production will go down. Kyrie is a better fit for LeBron.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah, No.

- - - Updated - - -

Butler and Goerge are definetely better than Kyrie, they are lockdown defenders while being very very good offensively.
I agree it's a lot of ifs, same as Kyrie never making the playoffs without Lebron. We don't know how he will fare without Lebron.
As for IT being the primary ballhandler in his team, he was the only all star in his team and probably the only one cabapble of creating his offense in that celts team. Now he will be playing with Lebron and Love, less defensive focus on him, it can help him be more deadly.

It's just that i get the feeling that IT is being underrated while Kyrie whom i love is being overrated.

- - - Updated - - -

Either LeBron gives up more time with the rock in his hand (won't happen) or IT does, if so his production will go down. Kyrie is a better fit for LeBron.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
IT is better than Kyrie playing off the ball. His production will surely go down like every star who played with lebron but he's not a bad fit with Lebron.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And Kyrie wants the chance to lead a team to the finals with him as the leader. That takes a lot of balls. Reminds me of a similar situation that happened 13 years ago................................

it takes a lot of balls to leave a team that has Lebron on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying that this isn't a good trade for Cleveland. It is a very good trade for Cleveland. But this is also a very good trade for Boston, who get a young elite PG that is not near his prime yet.

The trade is a win-win for both sides

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
and @Osman, the reason why I brought up the stats is because we do not know what Thomas will be able to put up as the 2nd wheel. Less shots, less opportunities with the ball in his hand.
Stats part I was addressing to Cheesio (your post came while I was writing) who seem to overrate IT due to stats, like its equal sitautions for both last season. If you read rest of my arguments they are identical to yours Kyrie >>>> IT.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Stats part I was addressing to Cheesio (your post came while I was writing) who seem to overrate IT due to stats, like its equal sitautions for both last season. If you read rest of my arguments they are identical to yours Kyrie >>>> IT.
Since you hardly ever reply to anyone with a quote, how the fuck are we supposed to know who you are referring to :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The trade is a win-win for both sides
Its a win win for both, but bigger win for Cavs due to the pick. Celtics still have the LAL pick and the lesser Memphis and LAC picks, and are in win now mode for once by getting two top allstars in Kyrie and Gordon, but it still feels like they could defenitely done this deal without giving away the nets pick, or atleast put a protection on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you hardly ever reply to anyone with a quote, how the fuck are we supposed to know who you are referring to :lol:
Words, decipher and master them lol, I was saying the same damn thing you were :D

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Kyrie is not that much much better than IT right now.

If you don't go by Stats, wins, leadership... How can you say that Kyrie is so much better than IT ?

BTW i agree that Kyrie is better but not by a huge margin like you are saying ( Right now)
Maybe Kyrie will explode but we are talking right now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Meh thats defenitely a hard LEAVE for me. He is not being coy, he is very calculating and sees this as his ceiling with Cavs now and wants another advanture, more bussiness geared to wise then titles IMO.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Meh thats defenitely a hard LEAVE for me. He is not being coy, he is very calculating and sees this as his ceiling with Cavs now and wants another advanture, more bussiness geared to wise then titles IMO.
Me too i am inclined to say he ll leave, but the problem is i don't see any team ( Realistic destination) giving him more of chance to beat the warriors than the Cavs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 97)