The NBA Thread (93 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Well you get our unprotected pick next year.

But in the meantime................................................

@Salvo @zizinho

WE GOT THE #2 PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WE KEEP OUR 2019 FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank fuck!

Lonzo?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

John Wall (and Wizards in general) showed Harden (and Rockets) how you ball hard and not go home like a bitch in their latest game. Absolute kicked in extra shift like hell.

Wish they face Cavs instead of Boston for sure, more likely to give them a fight really, Boston too predictable despite a ridicolous IT.
Ooh, the irony :seven:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well you get our unprotected pick next year.

But in the meantime................................................

@Salvo @zizinho

WE GOT THE #2 PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WE KEEP OUR 2019 FIRST ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where's my mention, ya chump! :p

But, all the same :weee:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh, the irony :seven:
Is it really that exciting becoming a slightly better version of Lebron's bitch for the next 3-5 years? :p

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Is it really that exciting becoming a slightly better version of Lebron's bitch for the next 3-5 years? :p
The #1 seed playing in the East finals, while getting the #1 pick and with enough cap room to add at least one star player in free agency! LeBron is only getting older and will crumble as usual at the first sign of a rivalry!
I'll take my chances, you bandwagon Marry :p

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Why? You mean last game? It seemed like an insanely intense and close fight until last quarter where Celtic showed their extra gear, impressive stuff, I mean friggin Olynyk turned into a clutch BEAST :D
Hands off Kelly - he is a monster :D

I was talking more about Wall pulling a Harden in the 4th qtr of game 7 :p

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The #1 seed playing in the East finals, while getting the #1 pick and with enough cap room to add at least one star player in free agency! LeBron is only getting older and will crumble as usual at the first sign of a rivalry!
looks like a situation he would love to walk into. you guys better unretire that #23 shirt for him :klin:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They all pulled a harden in last quarter, actually no they didnt. Pulling a Harden is bitching out WHOLE game now. Wall and Wizards were super up to it until the end, I Harden had given up minutes into that Spurs game, for real.

- - - Updated - - -

Get rid of Horford and get a true star big man FFS, or sacrifice SF for a true star there, either way IT needs help, BIG TIME.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Nets are bound to suck again next year, which means Celtics could easily end up with a top 3 pick again.
Now, if LBJ decides to bring his talents to Boston, watch the Celtics "miraculously" win the lottery again next year :klin:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Number 1 seed that's likely to get swept in the ECFs. Y'all got number 1 because the Cavs didn't give two hoots.

And please. I've been a Lakers fan since I was 4 years old and the 88' title. The 90s sucked for both you and I. :p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Wait why would a Boston fan be cocky? Litterally have the tools, assets and timing to become proper ambitious side but they don't. Seem to be too busy being content with going to conference finals and boarding prime picks. What's the end game exactly?

Btw who will they pick? Fulltz to be baby IT when they already have similar point guard? Tho they could use more offensive power amongst guards since their options are mainly defensive role players.

Or smarter if they draft that pick for a star player.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Ainge would be shopping that pick so hard.

Celtics are in great situation, enough cap space to sign another very good player. And enough assets to trade for a Butler/George...

They are very well coached and have a strong defensive identity, if anyone is dethroning Lebron anytime soon it will be the Celts.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry man. All this talk about Lebron lately, I forgot that you were a Lakers fan :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Wait why would a Boston fan be cocky? Litterally have the tools, assets and timing to become proper ambitious side but they don't. Seem to be too busy being content with going to conference finals and boarding prime picks. What's the end game exactly?

Btw who will they pick? Fulltz to be baby IT when they already have similar point guard? Tho they could use more offensive power amongst guards since their options are mainly defensive role players.

You will see the end game during the summer. Heyward will most likely sign with Boston over the summer. Fultz is more of a baby Harden than a baby IT. They won't package that pick for a player like George unless they re-sign him first. The worst kept secret in the NBA right now is that he wants to go home and play for the Lakers when he becomes a free agent next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank fuck!

Lonzo?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
It looks that way.

Sports Illustrated reported that several teams have inquired about D'lo once the draft lottery was over.

If it were up to me, I would keep him and move him to Shooting Guard. He thrived there after the all-star break.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

The end game is long term success ala the Spurs. True star players are not available for a trade and the likes of Butler and George alone will not make the Celtics a true contender anyway, while costing them an arm and a leg. Chicago is rumored to have asked for both Nets picks this and next year (probably another top-3 pick) for Butler. And then the Celts would have no guarantee they would be able to keep Butler/George for the long run even if they were worth trading for.
Point is, star players who would be worth giving up those picks for, are simply not available for a trade. The star players who are on the trading block, aren't good enough to dethrone the Cavs anyway and will cost so much that acquiring them will hurt the Celts chances for sustained success.
The Celts, if they trade for say Butler, can try and turn that Nets trade into a 1-2 year competitive window with the Cavs, or they can aim higher and try to patently build a perennial contender.

- - - Updated - - -

Number 1 seed that's likely to get swept in the ECFs. Y'all got number 1 because the Cavs didn't give two hoots.

And please. I've been a Lakers fan since I was 4 years old and the 88' title. The 90s sucked for both you and I. :p
Ok, say #2 seed in the East - does that change anything about what I said earlier? :p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nice rundown. Thanks for explaining. I was aware of most except the contract situation of the potential stars. It's dumb to trade for someone who can't guarantee they will stay with you after a year.

Tho I wasn't thinking of Butler even if he is bit underrated, he isn't worth those extortionate asks. But George would defenitely be worthy imo.

And somehow finding a dominating big that's super star worthy, not an easy thing, but Horford cannot run shit for you there, holding you back imo, should be stretch four at best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 89)