The NBA Thread (68 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How is the lakers in a more promising situation than the twolves, who have Karl anthony Towns who is better than anything the lakers have, add Wiggins, Lavine, Rubio, Mohammed to that.
They also have thibs who is a far better coach than Luke Walton.

Lakers may have a promising team, but they are very far from Contending...Ingram is still very raw, Russel looks like a star and randle is a nice complimentary player.
Thibs is a mediocre coach imo. One of the most overrated in the NBA. Neuters his teams offensively, and while he gets mediocre players to perform above expectations, he constantly has his star players underperform.

Add to this that Minnesota has a nice history of losing star players in free agency and to trades. The Bucks are much the same. Small market franchises. This isn't the NHL with massive parity because there are 20 contributors on each team. Unless one of these young players turns into the next Lebron James or KD or Anthony Davis, these teams are going nowhere. And as evidenced by Davis, getting the next mega-star doesn't always mean that much for a small-market team.

The Lakers are a far more attractive destination, and if they float around .500 this year and that 8th spot in the west, they'll make some noise on the free agent market that the other teams listed don't have the ability to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Golden State isn't going anywhere, the Spurs have Leonard, the Clippers aren't going anywhere, the Rockets are in their prime, Thunder has Westbrook. Unfortunately the West is stacked and it'll take a lot to be a contender
And no one in the east is going to be a contender until Lebron retires. :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Noel is easier to get good trades for because he is defensively potentially strong (not so much offensively, defenitely can do without him if he doesnt threaten much), while Okafor is typical post type with not great D, but can do well enough for you when you already have Embiid who is strong two way type and Simmons can defend well too so you could make do.

Not many teams that want to trade good guards, but whoever you choose to trade, probably should do it with Suns, Knight is fairly good guard that shouldnt be hard to get, defenitely would add alot to your game after he becomes go to point, instead being 2nd fiddle to Bledsoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed for most except Clippers, they dont have any talents and both their stars might test free agency with title chances looking more hopeless. I doubt either will stick around long enough to see Serge's super optimistic time frame for Lakers in few years. It will be kinda exciting to see where CP3 might end up, I'm guessing Spurs to replace Parker, only contender that would have PG spot opened up.
I didn't know CP3 and Griffin were looking to move. My thinking is that if they stay, the Clippers will be a tough team.

And yeah, I'd be happy with either Noel or Okafor tbh.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I didn't know CP3 and Griffin were looking to move. My thinking is that if they stay, the Clippers will be a tough team.

And yeah, I'd be happy with either Noel or Okafor tbh.
I don't think they are looking to move, but I know that Griffin is a free agent after this year. Not sure about CP3

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And as evidenced by Davis, getting the next mega-star doesn't always mean that much for a small-market team.

Understood most of your rest of the post except this bit.

AD is fairly lonesome in Pelicans (except Evans a bit), Towns is a guranteed to become a super star IMO, and he has young all star level Wiggins with him who already averaged 20pts, Lavine is lacking defensively but is athletic freak and growing excellent 3 pointer, and he's just starting out but Dunn might become a big piece in two years, seriously well rounded supporting pg (strong, atheltic, excellent D) who needs confidence to go for it more in scoring (playing with Towns and Wiggins, he seems too comfortable to just give it to them). I They lost most games so far, but it was kinda freakish to see what Dunn did to someone like Kemba Walker, off the bat very difficult player to face 1o1.

This team has plenty of talent to make it big, it needs chemistry (all young and most havent played more then 1-2 seasons together) which is key, and as you mentionned in your post, the ambition to build around them (or more like Towns specifially) and not trade them, which wont happen IMO because why would they? They for once have something to look forward to after complete dirth since Garnetts hayday.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Thibs is a mediocre coach imo. One of the most overrated in the NBA. Neuters his teams offensively, and while he gets mediocre players to perform above expectations, he constantly has his star players underperform.

Add to this that Minnesota has a nice history of losing star players in free agency and to trades. The Bucks are much the same. Small market franchises. This isn't the NHL with massive parity because there are 20 contributors on each team. Unless one of these young players turns into the next Lebron James or KD or Anthony Davis, these teams are going nowhere. And as evidenced by Davis, getting the next mega-star doesn't always mean that much for a small-market team.

The Lakers are a far more attractive destination, and if they float around .500 this year and that 8th spot in the west, they'll make some noise on the free agent market that the other teams listed don't have the ability to do.
Wow at thibs being a mediocre coach, he is the best defensive mind in the NBA. His only big downfall, is that he overplay some play and his small rotations affect players....
Lakers may be a better free agent destination, but unless they start showing some sign of improvement, no big free agent will sign there especially with the new CBA and all the money floating around the league.

I don't think they are looking to move, but I know that Griffin is a free agent after this year. Not sure about CP3
Both will be free agents at the same time.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Understood most of your rest of the post except this bit.

AD is fairly lonesome in Pelicans (except Evans a bit), Towns is a guranteed to become a super star IMO, and he has young all star level Wiggins with him who already averaged 20pts, Lavine is lacking defensively but is athletic freak and growing excellent 3 pointer, and he's just starting out but Dunn might become a big piece in two years, seriously well rounded supporting pg (strong, atheltic, excellent D) who needs confidence to go for it more in scoring (playing with Towns and Wiggins, he seems too comfortable to just give it to them). I They lost most games so far, but it was kinda freakish to see what Dunn did to someone like Kemba Walker, off the bat very difficult player to face 1o1.

This team has plenty of talent to make it big, it needs chemistry (all young and most havent played more then 1-2 seasons together) which is key, and as you mentionned in your post, the ambition to build around them (or more like Towns specifially) and not trade them, which wont happen IMO because why would they? They for once have something to look forward to after complete dirth since Garnetts hayday.
Good points about the T-Wolves. Don't get me wrong, I like Towns, and think Wiggins has a higher ceiling then his little regression las year suggests. I'm just wary of small market teams turning into something more without getting that Lebron/Davis level talent. They have the window of pre-first go around free agency for those stars. It can be done. OKC and GSW are examples. I'm just not as big a fan of the T-Wolves supporting cast as others. Dunn looks very high ceiling, but Lavine, Rubio, Muhammad, Dieng, Bjelica is a really mediocre supporting cast IMO. And Thibs is a coach who is far too defensive-minded to get a team into big-time contender status, again IMO. The modern NBA is predicated on out scoring your opponents and having competent defence. Especially the west.

Add a more well-rounded coach and slightly better 5th-6th men and Minnesota looks really good though.

- - - Updated - - -

Shut it you lumberjack lesbo
You love me. And you love Lebron.

Confess...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You know the coach well, I dont so I give you that, its kinda shame he is a defenside minded one (not everyone can be a Jason Kidd type, seriously tried out one Bucks game recently and they were so fun), but partly it fits because Towns and Dunn have potential to end up in all defensive teams in future.

Regarding rest of the squad, its fairly weak, but you being too harsh on Lavine, He is natural freak athletic wise, has more then 1 flaw in his game, but as 3rd best player he is quite good option (as said, his 3pointer rapidly improving besides unshakeable mobility/athletic attacking), and still quite young at 20-21 (Dunn is the rookie, but he is like 2 years older then Lavine lol). The rest I give you arent much tho (Rubio sucks at scoring but is intelligent team builder type, will be useful to have while Dunn grows off bench), except Dieng is little underrated, not sure he warrants a the bigger contract he gotten, but as PF/C is intelligent, good defense and has underrated stretch ability and shooting. Prolly gonna be one of their more reliable players full season.

No one is talking about contending whatsoever, but its very promising to core to build on, to get play off spot, most likely 7-8th spot, but still potential to do damage. To become something more it would require most of their core freakish talents to gel chemistry wise and take big strides forward (so far mainly Towns), or as you said they defenitely need to add quality in free agency. Not nessarily trades because most of their tradeable assets besides Rubio they should DEFENITELY keep.

Most of big free agency types wouldnt prolly go to them for reasons you mentionned, but biggiest freak talent besides Towns right now in Giannis would be a dream for these mofos (tho another youngster may not be their outmost need even if he is complete revolutionary freak type of player), if you move Wiggins to SG and Greek SF, or his new PG spot and Dunn off bench. The athletic ability of such a young team would be INSANE lol. And welcomed change over this constant 3 pt shooting fapping lol.

Greek freak just random thought I wasnt planning on writing at all (have no idea what kind of player they could sign free agency), but kid is breath taking :D

Look at him at nr 2, he is on fast break as usual (super quick for near 7 footer point lol), and the defense gives up, realize there is no point even trying :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

P.S @King of Kings, Wanna hear a joke?

What are bricks made out of?

tumblr_ngc8ls7idD1u2klrwo2_r1_400.gif

What kind of food is best when it's cold?

Steph-Curry-Sad-Face-Still-Shot.jpg

dqbsBc.gif

1oCtj.gif

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup:

Yeah. I probably do underrate Lavine. I suppose I've never thought of him as having much basketball intelligence. He doesn't seem to see the court very well. Athletically very gifted though.

Giannis is amazing. Hope he develops into a star.

I really want to see Anthony Davis surrounded by some talent. The guy deserves it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He does, do they need to tank and get one of the main highly rated draft picks next year? (seems to be a stacked class, according to 2k :lol: ) Doubt it, they arent THAT bad, and trading wont be easy for them either. He has a long contract? He is patient me thinks, since he is still so young despite being a super star.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Wow at thibs being a mediocre coach, he is the best defensive mind in the NBA. His only big downfall, is that he overplay some play and his small rotations affect players....
Lakers may be a better free agent destination, but unless they start showing some sign of improvement, no big free agent will sign there especially with the new CBA and all the money floating around the league.

Both will be free agents at the same time.
I thought he signed a long term contract a couple of years ago.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He does, do they need to tank and get one of the main highly rated draft picks next year? (seems to be a stacked class, according to 2k :lol: ) Doubt it, they arent THAT bad, and trading wont be easy for them either. He has a long contract? He is patient me thinks, since he is still so young despite being a super star.
THat's the problem with rewarding terrible teams with the best draft picks, while it helps parity to an extent, it makes it pretty tough on those teams in the lower playoff spots. It's very hard to develop a team into a contender from a 6th-8th seed. Free agency and trading, or hoping for player improvements/incredibly lucky drafting...

I think Davis is under contract for 5 years. Free agency really is their best option to improve the team around him. That or a trade, but trading is a tough option because you have to possess assets other teams want.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
THat's the problem with rewarding terrible teams with the best draft picks, while it helps parity to an extent, it makes it pretty tough on those teams in the lower playoff spots. It's very hard to develop a team into a contender from a 6th-8th seed. Free agency and trading, or hoping for player improvements/incredibly lucky drafting...

I think Davis is under contract for 5 years. Free agency really is their best option to improve the team around him. That or a trade, but trading is a tough option because you have to possess assets other teams want.
:shocked:

:delpiero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)