The NBA Thread (59 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Reggie Miller said it well, if this was 2-2 he wouldnt get a flagrant for that. And no, he doesent deserve to be suspended for that (for previous actions maybe but not for that)
I agree that incident only should not result in a suspension. But it is inconceivable to me that he repeatedly punches opponents in the huts and gets away with it. I wish they had done it in the conference finals. We wouldn't see GS in the finals had that happened.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I agree that incident only should not result in a suspension. But it is inconceivable to me that he repeatedly punches opponents in the huts and gets away with it. I wish they had done it in the conference finals. We wouldn't see GS in the finals had that happened.
He got suspended because this was his 3rd flagrant foul. It was also called a day later after rewatching it. Now, ignoring his previous actions and the fact it was Green who did it, would you call that action a flagrant foul? I definitely wouldnt. The ref who was 2 meters away from them and watched the whole thing didnt call it, the refs after rewatching it during the game didnt call it, so why call it a day later? So if you think that action doesent warrant a flagrant foul, then the suspension was bs

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He got suspended because this was his 3rd flagrant foul. It was also called a day later after rewatching it. Now, ignoring his previous actions and the fact it was Green who did it, would you call that action a flagrant foul? I definitely wouldnt. The ref who was 2 meters away from them and watched the whole thing didnt call it, the refs after rewatching it during the game didnt call it, so why call it a day later? So if you think that action doesent warrant a flagrant foul, then the suspension was bs
Yeah based on the rules it was BS. But he deserved to be suspended this post season. I'm not sorry for him at all.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah based on the rules it was BS. But he deserved to be suspended this post season. I'm not sorry for him at all.
I couldn't care less about Green really, but I don't like it. The Warriors are better obviously and would win 100% with Green tonight, but with him out the Cavs have a chance to prolong the series and thats all the NBA cares about. Hopefully the Warriors trash these losers by +50 now

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I couldn't care less about Green really, but I don't like it. The Warriors are better obviously and would win 100% with Green tonight, but with him out the Cavs have a chance to prolong the series and thats all the NBA cares about. Hopefully the Warriors trash these losers by +50 now
Warriors are clearly the best team and can win even without Green. But if you have an asshole like Green in your team you have to learn to live with the consequences.
Honestly I don't get the Lebron hate. I'm not his fan by any measure. My sweetest NBA finals moment was when Spurs trashed Heat in 5 games in one of the most one sided finals in past 10 years. But Lebron is a good player. He is just thinks he is better than he actually is. This hiring and firing coaches and handpicking your teammates are recipes for disaster

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Warriors are clearly the best team and can win even without Green. But if you have an asshole like Green in your team you have to learn to live with the consequences.
Honestly I don't get the Lebron hate. I'm not his fan by any measure. My sweetest NBA finals moment was when Spurs trashed Heat in 5 games in one of the most one sided finals in past 10 years. But Lebron is a good player. He is just thinks he is better than he actually is. This hiring and firing coaches and handpicking your teammates are recipes for disaster
:tup: agree, especially that he thinks hes better than he is.

I don't hate him i dislike him for some reason, never likes him since he joined NBA. He is a little bitch, thats the reason probably

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
James showing up with Green out, will it be enough?

- - - Updated - - -

lolwat
This game not so much, but in general it's entirely true.

Over Lebron's career his teammates have never won him a series. Any time he's had a couple off games, or just hasn't been quite as dominant as usual, his team's lose. Without him absolutely dominating, his teams never win.

The exact opposite is the case of Steph Curry, who can be absolutely mediocre, the 3rd or 4th best player on his team for an entire series and Golden State still wins because they have an incredible team. Or Kobe who basically played a sidekick role to Shaq for his first 3 rings, who during that 3 year period was one of the most dominant Centers the NBA has ever seen.

Part of this is the style of play Lebron has, and a team with him basically is necessitated to have to use him to the fullest. Everything goes through him, and it's the reason no team he leads, no matter how mediocre will ever finish below 50-55 wins, but it's also the reason his teams have a tendency to fail in the playoffs. In his first Cleveland stint it usually happened earlier in the playoffs because his teammates were complete cack... In Miami, and now again in Cleveland, with better teammates, it happens at the final step. Even though Lebron is an extraordinary playmaker, that necessity of everything running through him has a tendency to underutilize the other stars on his team, which leads to problems against exceptional teams with great teamwork and defense.

People bash Lebron to a ridiculous extent. I don't even like the guy, I think he's a total douche, but he's an incredible basketball player, an all-time great, and has spent the last half dozen years (before this year) as the most dominant player in the world. And it wasn't particularly close.

He's not Jordan. Sure. But no one has been since.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This game not so much, but in general it's entirely true.

Over Lebron's career his teammates have never won him a series. Any time he's had a couple off games, or just hasn't been quite as dominant as usual, his team's lose. Without him absolutely dominating, his teams never win.

The exact opposite is the case of Steph Curry, who can be absolutely mediocre, the 3rd or 4th best player on his team for an entire series and Golden State still wins because they have an incredible team. Or Kobe who basically played a sidekick role to Shaq for his first 3 rings, who during that 3 year period was one of the most dominant Centers the NBA has ever seen.

Part of this is the style of play Lebron has, and a team with him basically is necessitated to have to use him to the fullest. Everything goes through him, and it's the reason no team he leads, no matter how mediocre will ever finish below 50-55 wins, but it's also the reason his teams have a tendency to fail in the playoffs. In his first Cleveland stint it usually happened earlier in the playoffs because his teammates were complete cack... In Miami, and now again in Cleveland, with better teammates, it happens at the final step. Even though Lebron is an extraordinary playmaker, that necessity of everything running through him has a tendency to underutilize the other stars on his team, which leads to problems against exceptional teams with great teamwork and defense.

People bash Lebron to a ridiculous extent. I don't even like the guy, I think he's a total douche, but he's an incredible basketball player, an all-time great, and has spent the last half dozen years (before this year) as the most dominant player in the world. And it wasn't particularly close.

He's not Jordan. Sure. But no one has been since.
I can't agree with some of this. 1st of, James spent his entire career on the Eastern conference, where for most part of his career playoff teams barely hit .500 wins, even some losing teams were making the playoffs. how many historically great teams played there in the last 13 years? How many of them has he beaten? In Miami, he had the best supporting cast in the league in Wade & Bosh (later Allen) and now in the Cavs again among the best in the league (except for last seasons Finals due to injuries). His 1st stint in Cleveland was mostly him surrounded by mediocre players with some exceptions (Ben Wallace, 4 time DPOY comes to mind 1st), but he also didnt achieve anything in post season except for one Finals run. Since joining Miami till today, considering the teams he played on as the best player in the league and the teams they faced, anything other than making it to the finals each year would have been bad runs for his teams, so in that sense his 6 straight Finals runs get overrated and shouldnt be presented as some extraordinary achievements. The guy had great, fantastic help last 6 years and came out with 2 titles. Great but not brilliant. James is a historically great player, top 15 all time, but not as great as hes presented

- - - Updated - - -

And Lebron isn't? 41 points-16 rebounds - 7 assists - 3 steals - 3 blocks - only 2 turnovers. One of the most dominant finals games ever played.

You're as biased as Skip Bayless bro. :lol:
Im talking about last few minutes. Warriors cut the lead to 6 and were threatening to come back and this guy takes over the game and wins it. Some Kobeesque scoring right there. James played a great game overall obviously

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 49)