The Moral Law. Ratonality of Faith (13 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
But the kid is 16, old enough imo, and is refusing on his own.

Yeah, I know they would try to force you by law, which is dangerous because at any moment they can say they have a reason to force the vaccines and they can put anything they want in your body with that.
Not really. There's a whole number of conditions and stuff and in democratic countries it would not be easily accepted anyway. Trust me, a democratic government won't do this very fast.
I found an e-book, "Horrors of Vaccination Exposed." But it's too long and I'm not gonna read it, so if you want, you can.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/12965559/Horrors-of-Vaccination-Exposed

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
rounder
Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #162
    Seven, you aren't really making any arguments here. Just running around in circles.
    Absolutely. It's not his fault though, you can't really make any arguments for atheism, you can only attack theistic arguments which IMHO he could have done a much better job of.

Here's the thing, how often do you exchange your possessions for new ones? Probably very very rarely. It's same with opinions, it is extremely rare to find someone rapidly change their opinions which they have built over a long period of time, no matter how flawed they may seem.

I have seen almost all arguments on the subject of morality from both the atheistic and theistic perspective, after a long period of reflection, I objectively concluded that the existence of an objective moral standard made most sense to me. The problem is that people like Seven think we have theistic ideas shoved down our throats and thus are unwilling to accept their viability or even consider these arguments intelligible.

This is clearly not the case, and I speak for many theists when I say this.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Absolutely. It's not his fault though, you can't really make any arguments for atheism, you can only attack theistic arguments which IMHO he could have done a much better job of.

Here's the thing, how often do you exchange your possessions for new ones? Probably very very rarely. It's same with opinions, it is extremely rare to find someone rapidly change their opinions which they have built over a long period of time, no matter how flawed them may seem.

I have seen all arguments for the subject of morality from both the atheistic and theistic perspective, after a long period of reflection, I objectively concluded that the existence of an objective moral standard made most sense to me. The problem is people like Seven think we have theistic ideas shoved down our throats and thus are unwilling to accept their viability.

This is probably why Seven asked if you know what objective and subjective means. I is by definition subjective.

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #164
    This is probably why Seven asked if you know what objective and subjective means. I is by definition subjective.
    I see how this can be seen as a logical contradiction but it depends on how you look at it.

I don't see why I cannot objectively form an opinion. For example I objectively think Manchester United is the best football team in Europe. Doesn't this make sense to you?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I see how this can be seen as a logical contradiction but it depends on how you look at it.

I don't see why I cannot objectively form an opinion. For example I objectively think Manchester United is the best football team in Europe. Doesn't this make sense to you?
    Like he said, you don't understand what the word means. "Objective" means something is true by the fact that everyone can see it's true. This is probably why you're having so much trouble with your "objective" morality.

Making a subjective statement and calling it objective doesn't make it so.

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #166
    Like he said, you don't understand what the word means. "Objective" means something is true by the fact that everyone can see it's true. This is probably why you're having so much trouble with your "objective" morality.

Making a subjective statement and calling it objective doesn't make it so.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

It still does not defeat the objective morality argument though. Issues such as child abuse can be considered objectively immoral, as it is seen by all to be that way.

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #167
    I will make my final point about objective morality.

Some moral values seem to exist necassarily, there is no possible world in which it is morally justified to torture small children for pleasure. Thus some moral values are indeed objective.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    I will make my final point about objective morality.

Some moral values seem to exist necassarily, there is no possible world in which it is morally justified to torture small children for pleasure. Thus some moral values are indeed objective.
    its all about time and culture

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

Here's the thing, how often do you exchange your possessions for new ones? Probably very very rarely. It's same with opinions, it is extremely rare to find someone rapidly change their opinions which they have built over a long period of time, no matter how flawed they may seem.

I have seen almost all arguments on the subject of morality from both the atheistic and theistic perspective, after a long period of reflection, I objectively concluded that the existence of an objective moral standard made most sense to me. The problem is that people like Seven think we have theistic ideas shoved down our throats and thus are unwilling to accept their viability or even consider these arguments intelligible.

You can make more arguments for atheism than you can for theism. Theism's all about believing. And you can't objectively conclude an opinion is right.

OP
    rounder
    Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #170
    You can make more arguments for atheism than you can for theism. Theism's all about believing. And you can't objectively conclude an opinion is right.
    So is atheism. And please do provide arguments for atheism, meaning arguments that prove that God does not exist.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    Thats the problem, that whenever someone new joins the conversation we start all over again..
    i wish there was some kind of title post we can have to the thread.. you know the first post in most forums remains visible always in every page as the first post no mater which page you are on...
    is this available on this forum? that way we can list our conclusions and refer pages of each discussion like a glossary or some shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)