The Mod Thread ("because for some reason,you think we actually care") (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Being nominated for mod is like being named the goalie in street footie as kids, everyone else didnt like you /thought you sucked so they wished the worst position on you.
Being a mod often changes the dynamic of what you do for fun around here. At least it should. The good mods recognize that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Someone is mad because nobody mentioned him as being a good mod? :p
Lol, far from it. These talks came up many times throughout the years. This is the first time I dont think the mods need extra help or are too lenient anymore (they used to be, by like alot), their proactive style is paying off and less of the constant negative BS or spamming as it used to be.

And I was serious with the above post even if framed it in a joking matter. Defenitely if you done it before you would understand.

Last thing you should would be interested is in creating an extra headache for yourself in a site thats supposed to be relaxing, its extra strain and considerations that arent worth it (if you wanna do it properly and be active/take charge, its gets annoying to babysit and be accused nonstop, appriciate X more in particular with how much hands on he has become, must be frustrating for him, and truly respect E's calm and understanding approach/style). Get that enough in another site (XT) that I been community manager for over a decade, being regular member is much better in general.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Lol, far from it. These talks came up many times throughout the years. This is the first time I dont think the mods need extra help or are too lenient anymore (they used to be, by like alot), their proactive style is paying off and less of the constant negative BS or spamming as it used to be.

And I was serious with the above post even if framed it in a joking matter. Defenitely if you done it before you would understand.

Last thing you should would be interested is in creating an extra headache for yourself in a site thats supposed to be relaxing, its extra strain and considerations that arent worth it (if you wanna do it properly, its gets annoying to babysit and be accused nonstop, appriciate X more in particular with how much hands on he has become, must be frustrating for him, and truly respect E's calm and understanding approach/style). Get that enough in another site (XT) that I been community manager for over a decade, being regular member is much better in general.
I definitely agree. I just wanna permaban DP84 and zizi and call it a night.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
but i thought this place was overly moderated?
It's because some mods check the forum once a day, see a couple of weird posts and infract them to pretend they're doing their job. People are not happy with our mods because even if you are a bookie or an admin , you have to understand the game and stay up-to-date with everything that's going on.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We need a virtual Zantac or Xanax thread. Watch the emotions if Sandro deal doesn't happen. Then the aftermath that filters into every thread...

Good luck mods

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We need a virtual Zantac or Xanax thread. Watch the emotions if Sandro deal doesn't happen. Then the aftermath that filters into every thread...

Good luck mods
Mods arent here to control moods tho, or even opinions (only thing I disagreed with is little signs of censoring opinions and deeming em trolling lately in certain player threads), if people lose their shit, let them. Aslong as they dont spam or insult too much, its fine. It makes for irrititating forum and less actual discussions, but thats the responsibility of every member here, to improve that, not the mods.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Mods arent here to control moods tho, or even opinions (only thing I disagreed with is little signs of censoring opinions and deeming em trolling lately in certain player threads), if people lose their shit, let them. Aslong as they dont spam or insult too much, its fine. It makes for irrititating forum and less actual discussions, but thats the responsibility of every member here, to improve that, not the mods.
That's the problem

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Last thing you should would be interested is in creating an extra headache for yourself in a site thats supposed to be relaxing, its extra strain and considerations that arent worth it (if you wanna do it properly and be active/take charge, its gets annoying to babysit and be accused nonstop, appriciate X more in particular with how much hands on he has become, must be frustrating for him, and truly respect E's calm and understanding approach/style). Get that enough in another site (XT) that I been community manager for over a decade, being regular member is much better in general.
Personally I don't see much benefits to being a mod. It sounds like unpaid work.

Some of our members have a habit of disguising their trolling as an opinion. I think I would take a cautious approach, but I can certainly see why mods would hand out infractions.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Mods arent here to control moods tho, or even opinions (only thing I disagreed with is little signs of censoring opinions and deeming em trolling lately in certain player threads), if people lose their $#@!, let them. Aslong as they dont spam or insult too much, its fine. It makes for irrititating forum and less actual discussions, but thats the responsibility of every member here, to improve that, not the mods.
But there are some posters , who makes no sensible post and I don't see the mods doing anything about them. For example . i just reply your post with a :sergio:. That's about it. It adds no value to the discussion and we the same posters making the same sort of posting's, trying to bait for a reaction and the mods aren't doing anything about it.
This is an area that can be improved, and for some some users they are just into themselves to improve this.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Personally I don't see much benefits to being a mod. It sounds like unpaid work.

Some of our members have a habit of disguising their trolling as an opinion. I think I would take a cautious approach, but I can certainly see why mods would hand out infractions.
Benefit of the doubt, my man.

- - - Updated - - -

The current moderation policy is killing the essence of this place.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
But there are some posters , who makes no sensible post and I don't see the mods doing anything about them. For example . i just reply your post with a :sergio:. That's about it. It adds no value to the discussion and we the same posters making the same sort of posting's, trying to bait for a reaction and the mods aren't doing anything about it.
This is an area that can be improved, and for some some users they are just into themselves to improve this.
:sergio:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
You are making it too much of a deal.
There are forumers here, who mostly quote other foruners with the single purpose of insulting them, taunt them and personally attack them. That consists if 80% of their posts, insults and attacks to other forumers, they hardly do refer to any football matter themselves.
And the modding team protects them and hang bans and infractions to their random or targeted victims...
Thats what the mod team does these days, so it wouldnt be too difficult to find one, just pick one of them and he will keep harrashing anyone with a footballistic opinion and the guts to discuss it with arguments in a civilised manner, like the current team does. Thats no hard, it would be ward to find a real mod, like there were before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)