The Mod Thread ("because for some reason,you think we actually care") (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
hai moderator.

i have a problem.

i just post from mobile phone with opera mini.

but @X detect me using somthing like vpn or other else

i even dont know to use something about that.

thanks.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hai user.

We've issues with banned users creating second accounts and the using VPN (a "device" that allows you to move your IP address to another place) to skirt detection. It puts us mods in a difficult situation. So we have decided to ban suspicious accounts found to be using VPNs. So basically it's a 2 step process, first you look suspicious, then we check your IP. If your IP proves to be run through a VPN, it's possible for you to be banned.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What's wrong connecting through VPN?
Nothing really, I use one cause some things are restricted here in Mexico. But it's the double accounts.

For example Abejaa hides behind a VPN and Rakib was doing it as well during his ban. So now we have to look extra hard a new accounts. Especially if they hop into the banter right away, act familiar with long standing members, or start insulting right off the bat.

In the immortal words of @Salvo, "Don't be suss".

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that the point of using VPN? To stay anonymous.
Yeah, dude. We just stated that's the problem.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Well, JuveID should be banned anyway. It's pretty clear to me he's a DA.
You're so naive, that's not how it works outside Bolivia. You can't ban people based on unfounded accusations. Can't you see how silly that sounds? Otherwise I could just claim that you're a double and jirfjeirwfjeiwrfji

- - - Updated - - -

jfifaweditrgij never mind, great idea. ILiveForJuve should get banned. He's clearly a double!

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
You're so naive, that's not how it works outside Bolivia. You can't ban people based on unfounded accusations. Can't you see how silly that sounds? Otherwise I could just claim that you're a double and jirfjeirwfjeiwrfji

- - - Updated - - -

jfifaweditrgij never mind, great idea. ILiveForJuve should get banned. He's clearly a double!
Ok.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

You're obviously a very sound and reasonable person, I respect that very much in a human being.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
hai moderator.

i have a problem.

i just post from mobile phone with opera mini.

but @X detect me using somthing like vpn or other else

i even dont know to use something about that.

thanks.
Opera Mini uses proxy (to reduce mobile data usage) which could be detected as VPN. You can try using Tapatalk or it's alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)