The Mod Thread ("because for some reason,you think we actually care") (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Some members are systematically causing trouble to the society, on purpose, they need to have their forum persona adjusted, if not by advice, then by force.
This is the role of the mod team.
The latest example, in a certain point of our season, a matter that affects Juventus performance has arisen and after being repeated many times in the latest derbies,
i made an assessment on what i believed was the cause that limited our potential, with a number of arguments.
I posted without mentioning any poster, or derailing other topics.
It was my opinion on the dedicated thread.
http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/30148-Giuseppe-Marotta/page708

And the usual suspects appeared, ignored my arguments and yet again launched a personal assault.
The very same posters who have shown such ill behavior at past, they dont bother with arguments, they may not really care about Juve's matters, they just seek for an excuse to attack others and derail threads.

Why is such behavior tolerated? This is not the first time it happened, will someone do smth about it?
Smth that will bring results, as the conventional measures taken in the past, dont seem to affect those certain individuals...

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
TO THE MOD TEAM:

Please stop deleting all the messages as I can't inform myself on the happenings. It's super lame.

xoxo

Nzoric

- - - Updated - - -

Some members are systematically causing trouble to the society, on purpose, they need to have their forum persona adjusted, if not by advice, then by force.
This is the role of the mod team.
The latest example, in a certain point of our season, a matter that affects Juventus performance has arisen and after being repeated many times in the latest derbies,
i made an assessment on what i believed was the cause that limited our potential, with a number of arguments.
I posted without mentioning any poster, or derailing other topics.
It was my opinion on the dedicated thread.
http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/30148-Giuseppe-Marotta/page708

And the usual suspects appeared, ignored my arguments and yet again launched a personal assault.
The very same posters who have shown such ill behavior at past, they dont bother with arguments, they may not really care about Juve's matters, they just seek for an excuse to attack others and derail threads.

Why is such behavior tolerated? This is not the first time it happened, will someone do smth about it?
Smth that will bring results, as the conventional measures taken in the past, dont seem to affect those certain individuals...
Why wont you just leave? :sad:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I mean, the bogan just came back from a break. It must've been something serious since he's banned again. Whether the mods like it or not, some of these conversations are epic. Hand out infractions all you want, but don't burn the book after you sentenced the author.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I mean, the bogan just came back from a break. It must've been something serious since he's banned again.
I didn't go out of my way to ban him, but he clearly hasn't learnt anything from his time off and he again racked up enough points to get himself banned.

Whether the mods like it or not, some of these conversations are epic. Hand out infractions all you want, but don't burn the book after you sentenced the author.
They're completely pointless.

If you feel like you're missing out, here's a breakdown:

"Your an idiot"

"Shut up you should be banned"

"You're the worst member on the forums".

Rinse and repeat.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Because people come in trying to read about a football-related topic and have to go through pages of childish rabble.

Even if infractions are given, they only apply to one or two posts and people still have to sift through the junk.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Its called moderating :D Whats the point of punishing those who pollute and derail with nonsense, if their mess is left behind.
Well, I like to read that mess. The ones who don't can simply go two pages forward. Like it or not, a big part of what keeps this community going are those full retard moments, every day football just ain't that interesting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I have no idea what's going on with this forum these days but its become way too cynical and mean. Especially in the football part of the forum which we never had big problems with before, even when we sucked and had guys like Molinaro starting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well, I like to read that mess. The ones who don't can simply go two pages forward. Like it or not, a big part of what keeps this community going are those full retard moments, every day football just ain't that interesting.
This is first and foremost a football forum, you dont allow discussion of it get hampered by ridicolously childish nonsense just because you dont like someone's stuborn opinions. And thats what would happen if you let the nonsense and petty insults remain in the threads, gets in the way of actually talking about football. Even if those who said or did that been banned/barred etc. Used to be ok balance of it being fine to leave the offtopic nonsense be in footie threads, but now it pretty much takes over all space in those threads.

If you like to read that mess be around to see it "live" :p Or learn to browse the forum when super terminator gray isnt online ;)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I mean, the bogan just came back from a break. It must've been something serious since he's banned again. Whether the mods like it or not, some of these conversations are epic. Hand out infractions all you want, but don't burn the book after you sentenced the author.
Did you read the Russia thread while him and RUS were fighting? The stuff of legends.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Gordon Bombay, why did you need to edit my harmless post in the [ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 topic?

The pic that I posted is obviously not offensive:
attachment.jpg

Furthermore, I wasn't derailing the topic since I used the picture to prove my point. You wrote that Benitez probably wouldn't be in Chelsea after the summer. I then responded with the funny picture and added that it was pretty obvious since his contract is for this season only. I used the funny pic originally made by @Nedved03 to make this point.

More importantly, pics like these are getting posted all the time, and they are never getting edited or deleted. In fact, much more cruel posts aren't getting deleted. When Alen wrote this to Janna nothing happened:
But your mother trolled all of us when she decided against killing you at birth.
But suddenly, because my post was making fun of the fancy moderator's post, you thought it was necessary to edit my post. And not only did you edit my post, but you forgot to mention that you edited my post. That made it look like that your words were my original post. In addition to that, you decided to edit my post into these words: "Don't be dick".
As if it wasn't enough to be writing about genitals on a public forum, you even added a spelling mistake into the post. I mean, which dick are we talking about here? If I'm going to make spelling mistakes, I'm preferring to make my own!

Anyway, then I decided to edit the post that you had already edited once. I wrote something like this in addition to your filthy words about genitals:
Gordon Bombay edited this post because he couldn't handle the truth.
I think those words had a purpose, but of course you couldn't handle that either, and then you decided to delete my post. You even deleted your original post that I responded to as well.

Which brings me back to this topic. Why did you edit and later delete my post? My post was funny and had a point. Furthermore, you would never ever have deleted my post if my post hadn't been a response to your own post. More offensive stuff don't ever get deleted from this forum. I don't like being censored, and for that reason I'm writing this post now. This obviously isn't a big deal, but I don't like getting my posts deleted, so here we are. :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The post is still there! That's the important thing! :D
Since I'm an infraction away from a ban, I'd gladly have that post deleted if it takes 1 red card off my account.

And yeah, that was bad moderating from Aaron to edit your post. Doesn't fit the "tough mod" image he's trying to create. Editing posts and abusing power is more like me and JCK when we were mods. Or Rab :D

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Since I'm an infraction away from a ban, I'd gladly have that post deleted if it takes 1 red card off my account.

And yeah, that was bad moderating from Aaron to edit your post. Doesn't fit the "tough mod" image he's trying to create. Editing posts and abusing power is more like me and JCK when we were mods. Or Rab :D
Did you use to be a mod here? :D I guess that was before Janna joined the forum. :p

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Did you use to be a mod here? :D I guess that was before Janna joined the forum. :p
Yeah, I was a mod for 2 years or so. I didn't really ban people or give infractions, but I loved to play with my buttons (edit posts, change avatars and signatures, stalk Sheik in the mafia game etc). JCK on the other hand was a serial killer. It was a bad day for him if he didn't ban Turk and Badass at least twice a day.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Yeah, I was a mod for 2 years or so. I didn't really ban people or give infractions, but I loved to play with my buttons (edit posts, change avatars and signatures, stalk Sheik in the mafia game etc). JCK on the other hand was a serial killer. It was a bad day for him if he didn't ban Turk and Badass at least twice a day.
Lol. :D How the hell did you become a mod if you didn't even do anything? Do they just pick random members and give them the power to control the forum? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)