The Mod Thread ("because for some reason,you think we actually care") (77 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Should we give infractions for half of the posts insulting him? :)
Ah, our esteemed l'avvocato invokes the Judgement of Solomon. Well played, sir. :D

On a serious note though, though I might not entirely agree with the stance regarding loaned/co-owned players, I'd rather we as mods be consistent, so I'll stick with the team's consensus.
I'm the same way. If we agree that the Giovinco slander needs a crack down, I'm not against picking up a pipe and a blow torch.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Please do, because now this forum seems like a popular kids hangout. They can say whatever and insult whatever they like because they know no action will be taken against them.

Apr 15, 2006
So if Giovinco scores three goals against us for Parma, condemning Juve to miss out on European competition, no posters can insult him because it's against the forum rules for a Juventus player, no matter how partial that ownership might be?

I don't think that's how that rule was written.

There's a greater chance that we'll see Cavani in Juve stripes than Giovinco at this point, so that isn't a useful measure either.
Like I've said: Criticize? Yes. Insult? No. I thought we're clear on that. That's what the rules say. I've been critical of Juve players too. But I've received infractions when I insulted them. Why can't the same be applied uniformly, and without bias?

No. Not half. ALL of the posts insulting him. :)

On a serious note though, though I might not entirely agree with the stance regarding loaned/co-owned players, I'd rather we as mods be consistent, so I'll stick with the team's consensus.
What's the consensus?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Like I've said: Criticize? Yes. Insult? No. I thought we're clear on that. That's what the rules say. I've been critical of Juve players too. But I've received infractions when I insulted them. Why can't the same be applied uniformly, and without bias?
I would cry if I had to hold in my insults of LAMEla and Robin van Poesje. :cry:

The rule is not to insult Juve players (and related persons, forum members). If Giovinco is a Juve player, then why is he scoring goals against us -- is my issue.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I would cry if I had to hold in my insults of LAMEla and Robin van Poesje. :cry:

The rule is not to insult Juve players (and related persons, forum members). If Giovinco is a Juve player, then why is he scoring goals against us -- is my issue.
Because we're paying him to? A good employee does what he's told.

Apr 15, 2006

Lamela and RvP are not Juventus players. Come on, Teddy! :boh:

Giovinco is being a professional. He has an obligation to perform for the team who he plays for and is paying for him: Parma. Can you really justify insulting him for that? Doing his job? Come on, Greg. What is wrong with you?

I wouldn't raise the topic of Giovinco if he was sold outright by the club. No. None. Whatsoever. But the fact is that he is still co-owned by us. Out here on the forum, we treat him the same way. I ask you to do the same too. Drop your ego and bias. Do what a mod SHOULD do: enforce the rules. :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lamela and RvP are not Juventus players. Come on, Teddy! :boh:

Giovinco is being a professional. He has an obligation to perform for the team who he plays for and is paying for him: Parma. Can you really justify insulting him for that? Doing his job? Come on, Greg. What is wrong with you?

I wouldn't raise the topic of Giovinco if he was sold outright by the club. No. None. Whatsoever. But the fact is that he is still co-owned by us. Out here on the forum, we treat him the same way. I ask you to do the same too. Drop your ego and bias. Do what a mod SHOULD do: enforce the rules. :)
If he was co-owned and played on our squad, I would agree with you. If he is co-owned and plays for the other team, I would disagree.

So in my perspective, the rule doesn't need enforcement, as it doesn't apply when spreading the hate on opponents. There are no half-measures about it. As much as some would wish he plays for us, the fact is that he doesn't -- he's an opponent until further notice.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
where were your bitch fits for Criscito and Palladino, Sheik?

stop crying, and fuck you Giovinco midget cocksucker.

EDIT - BTW am swearing at Gio not Dhee Dhee.

Apr 15, 2006
If he was co-owned and played on our squad, I would agree with you. If he is co-owned and plays for the other team, I would disagree.

So in my perspective, the rule doesn't need enforcement, as it doesn't apply when spreading the hate on opponents. There are no half-measures about it. As much as some would wish he plays for us, the fact is that he doesn't -- he's an opponent until further notice.
That's disappointing, Greg. That really is. I really expected better from an experienced member like you. This stance will only encourage more stupidity on their part. The abuse and insults that's posted there(that itself being against the rules, which you seem to overlook) is worse than what Ibra or some of the traitors who left our clubs get on a daily basis. It makes no sense. And it's disheartening that you encourage such behaviour. This forum is gonna go down the shitters if you continue to encourage this. Good luck!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
After a couple of days grace, I've been giving infractions for insults to Agnelli.

I don't go in the Del Piero thread, though, because I can't be arsed with a lot of what goes on in there.

I've no issue with an alteration in the rules so that anyone loaned to or from Juve or who is co-owned by Juve is covered by forum rules.

As it is, though, I'll continue to only give infractions where it is a player who is actually at Juve that is at issue.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Noooo, don't make infractions for players away on loan/co-ownership! It's silly anyway since they might not ever even play for Juve again so it makes no sense

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Giovinco is not a Juve player, hence I will call him whatever I like.
thank you, the sensitive bunch need to grow a pair

---------- Post added 17.05.2012 at 11:42 ----------

:tup: pretty clear imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)