The latest from Ajax's youth academy. In efficiency; this striker beats Zlatan! (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Ajax sought and found a new striker in Angelos Charisteas, but Ronald Koeman would be wise to grant Ryan Babel his minutes. The young striker made it to the first team only this season and is a typical product of the Ajax youth academy. In the few minutes he has played so far this season, he has already become the most efficient striker in the Eredivisie!

Babel has played exactly 234 minutes so far this season in the Eredivisie, in which he managed to score four times, bringing him on an average of one goal per 58 minutes, almost two per match.

And that makes him the absolute #1 goalgetter in the Netherlands as the top scorers Dirk Kuyt, Salomon Kalou, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Kenneth Perez are respectively 7th, 9th, 12th and 8th on the efficiency list.

And even Zlatan Ibrahimovic, a player famous in Holland for his efficiency, has been surpassed. Though of course it needs to be said he barely played this season.

What the future will bring for Ryan Babel is to be seen. The young player is on the right track in the Eredivisie but, let's face it, our nation doesn't possess the world's toughest league, nor the strongest defences for that matter. But, with the champions league match against Juventus in mind in which Babel played very well for such a young player, there is plenty of reason to remain hopeful.

Source: www.vi.nl

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Yup I heard of Babel in Ajax. He scores 2 goals in a game recently in the tender age of 18. I agree that this guy has a bright prespective. I wonder how he will turn out in another 2 years. Let's juz wait n see........

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ryan Babel looked very good against us in the Champions League. Well, he looked good against Montero I suppose. However this kid has talent and looks like a future star. Maybe the next Paty Kluivert? :D

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Man Utd and Arsenal are after him, and we've (Utd) have been tracking him for almost 2 years, thats when I first heard of him.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #9
    Fucks sake, why don't we just call the Eredivisie the Plunderdivision from now on :lazy:

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Erik, thats the reality, sorry, but Holland is now a selling league. Its a shame, as there will never be an Ajax team like the one with players like Van Basten again. Its good and bad, good to see Dutch players in the EPL so, we can see them, but not good for the reason above.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #11
    Well small country et all, what can you do. But the departure of many players DOES stimulate the youth academies more and more, making them increasingly efficient.

We'll have a kick ass National Team soon :devil:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Well small country et all, what can you do. But the departure of many players DOES stimulate the youth academies more and more, making them increasingly efficient.

We'll have a kick ass National Team soon :devil:
    A kick ass U21 anyway :D;)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Personally I think Holland is the best place for young players, people say places like Brazil and Argentina, but Holland is No.1 in my eyes, I mean it produced De Ridder, so it cant be doing much wrong!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    :blah: I don't have to take this from non polish dude :D
    That's why I'm so well positioned, we have no ambition of winning the World Cup, let alone qualifying. :D

But wait a minute... 2002.. how far did you guys go? :p

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Personally I think Holland is the best place for young players, people say places like Brazil and Argentina, but Holland is No.1 in my eyes, I mean it produced De Ridder, so it cant be doing much wrong!
    I know :lick: Er, sorry, :cool:

:D

MARTIN - I got two pictures for you who say more than a million words could:

Where are you from again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)