The Juventuz Rules Discussion Thread. (4 Viewers)

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    mikhail said:
    The intention is to stop people from persistantly abusing staff/players. While I'd agree that Abbiati needs to be ********* by an eight-tentacled octopus because I'd really like to see the footage, I think it's not something worth posting on a Juve forum.

There's a world of a difference between saying "Crapello's shit" every other post and stuff like "I think we'd be as well off selling Trezeguet because he's injury prone" and "Camo had a poor match last night." I think common sense generally prevails.
    Well your right. Ideally the forum would be great as a facilitator of discussions of the intelligent sort, with battles being waged, won and lost on the logical front. But does the restriction of the ability to respond with emotion concern you as it does me?

For the record, I am also against repeated, persistent spamming and emotional outbursts too.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    ßömßärdiër said:
    I think what he is asking is:

Exactly how strict are you going to be?

Are you going to literally warn people if they step outside the lines just a little?

An example is what Josh just said.

(Once again, I'm not trying to push your buttons or anything.)
    exactly. And Maddox is quite a funktron indeed ;)

Sep 28, 2002
    mikhail said:
    You volunteering? :tongue:

why not, never was banned, and i dont think i was even warned. could be fun. i'm all for it from friday afternoon to sunday night. will be away anyway :D

and what is the code for the old :D smilie?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Layce Erayce said:
    But does the restriction of the ability to respond with emotion concern you as it does me?
    No. It's never going to be enforced like that. People will occasionally say something petulant, or lose the rag over a player who couldn't score in a brothel, but that's not what this is targeting. There's a difference between responding to something with emotion and persistant abuse. Sure, it'd be great if it was all quantifiable and automated, but it's not. The mods are human and will have to use common sense and personal judgement. I don't think much will change.

For the record, I am also against repeated, persistent spamming and emotional outbursts too.
    You lie! :pumpkin: :wink:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Fliakis said:
    why not, never was banned, and i dont think i was even warned. could be fun. i'm all for it from friday afternoon to sunday night. will be away anyway :D
    I'll see what I can arrange. :tongue:

and what is the code for the old :D smilie?
    :biggrin: is :big grin: minus the space.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Fliakis said:
    damn, the old one was sooooo much better..
    Agreed. There's about four smilies where I'd prefer the old one to have its traditional code. :tongue: :smile: :biggrin: :wink: to be specific.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    mikhail said:
    No. It's never going to be enforced like that. People will occasionally say something petulant, or lose the rag over a player who couldn't score in a brothel, but that's not what this is targeting. There's a difference between responding to something with emotion and persistant abuse. Sure, it'd be great if it was all quantifiable and automated, but it's not. The mods are human and will have to use common sense and personal judgement. I don't think much will change.

You lie! :pumpkin: :wink:
    Thats the reassurance I was looking for, thanks ;)

The last thing I'd like to do is wake up in the morning, log on to Juventuz and find out that Burke was banned for being himself, Andy was banned for being the Bonnie to his Clyde, Erik was banned for flashing a wang, Martin was banned for being his victim, Hozi was banned for showing some areola, and Ze Tahir was banned for trying to land a helicopter on it.

But I am glad that the rules are finally up.

And yes, DungBox, Vinman would seemingly be the No.1 candidate for his chk chk chk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)