The Juventus For Life Thread (8 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Juventus for life. Indeed it has been Juventus for life. And so it shall remain, until Life! Is no more.

The reason I decided to post in this thread today, was because I was sitting in a café earlier in the day when the Higuain deal became official. I then logged onto Tuz and watched the forums go crazy in excitement. And before I knew it, I was shedding tears. And no, I didn't seem crazy to the other people in the cafeteria (at least I think so), because I was sitting outside, wearing shades, and the tears were quickly whiped away from my face. But what has touched me so immensely today is the WILL of this club to compete;

Regardless of the "state of Serie-A"

Regardless of the economy, infrastructure and challenging tax rules in Italy.

Regardless of how the other big clubs in Europe claim to be lightyears ahead of us;

We dished out 90 fucking million for a football player today. And not only that; in the previous weeks we have seen players like Dani Alves, Benatia, Pjanic and Pjaca come running to us, when most of them had other offers.

This is the WILL of Juventus, regardless of circumstance, to be back at the very top, to be a leader in European and World football.

A will that can never be destroyed, no matter how much they try (calciopoli) and how much the tides are against us (current state of Italian football).

I am utterly touched, and I feel blessed, to support this great club.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Juventus for life. Indeed it has been Juventus for life. And so it shall remain, until Life! Is no more.

The reason I decided to post in this thread today, was because I was sitting in a café earlier in the day when the Higuain deal became official. I then logged onto Tuz and watched the forums go crazy in excitement. And before I knew it, I was shedding tears. And no, I didn't seem crazy to the other people in the cafeteria (at least I think so), because I was sitting outside, wearing shades, and the tears were quickly whiped away from my face. But what has touched me so immensely today is the WILL of this club to compete;

Regardless of the "state of Serie-A"

Regardless of the economy, infrastructure and challenging tax rules in Italy.

Regardless of how the other big clubs in Europe claim to be lightyears ahead of us;

We dished out 90 $#@!ing million for a football player today. And not only that; in the previous weeks we have seen players like Dani Alves, Benatia, Pjanic and Pjaca come running to us, when most of them had other offers.

This is the WILL of Juventus, regardless of circumstance, to be back at the very top, to be a leader in European and World football.

A will that can never be destroyed, no matter how much they try (calciopoli) and how much the tides are against us (current state of Italian football).

I am utterly touched, and I feel blessed, to support this great club.
I love you, Jem (no homo).

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Love you Jem! Love this club.

That same will is something I try to carry with me not just when I'm playing football but in my everyday life. I'm a Juventino and I'd like to be a living example of exactly what that means.

- - - Updated - - -

FINO ALLA FUCKING FINE
:flag1:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The Dream Killers
Juventus smothered another fledgling dream, but Torino emerge with heads held high, assures Giancarlo Rinaldi.

Since the day and hour they came into existence, Juventus have been crushing their rivals’ aspirations. :touched: A week ago, they were putting high-flying Atalanta in their place. This weekend they extinguished their city cousins’ hopes of a derby victory. In between, they were winning their group in the Champions League. Suddenly, the Bianconeri’s capitulation at Genoa seems but a distant memory.

And yet, for a little while at least, it looked like things might have ended up so differently. In-form hitman Andrea Belotti - a player who typifies the fighting spirit of his club - had given the Granata a lead which might have shaken La Vecchia Signora’s resolve. Stephan Lichtsteiner, the so-called Swiss Express, was caught waiting at the station while the Toro striker powered past him to open the scoring.

However, Max Allegri’s men responded with the confidence of habitual champions. A Gonzalo Higuain double, followed by a clincher from Miralem Pjanic, pulled them - for a while at least - seven points clear at the top of the table. It’s not all that amazing what a pair of players worth more than £100m between them brings you, is it?

The Argentinian’s second finish, in particular, was the heart-breakingly precise kind of match-winning contribution you expect from a striker of his pedigree. Could it be enough, finally, to make the Turin giants successful on both the domestic and European front this season?

Not that Sinisa Mihajlovic’s men should be all doom and gloom after their derby defeat. It took some fine play to finish them off and, for spells at least, they were capable of going toe-to-toe with their most bitter rivals without the slightest hint of what would have been an understandable inferiority complex. If they continue to play with that level of character and determination, they can surely keep themselves in the fight for European football until the closing stages of the season.

But Juve showed that they remain the team to beat in Italy, despite a few uncharacteristic blackouts this season. There were spells when their reshuffled defence did show a few cracks, which will have given the would-be chasing pack some hope. The trouble is that, regardless of their occasional failings, nobody has shown anything like the consistency to seriously challenge them so far this season. Monday night will decide who between Milan and Roma has the best credentials to actually give them food for thought.

There was no doubt that, over the arc of the entire match, the boys in black and white deserved their victory, although the margin seemed harsh on Torino. With Claudio Marchisio at the heart of the midfield, the reigning champions always looked the better side despite a very brave challenge from Adem Ljajic and company. The Granata are a team growing in stature with every passing day, but Juventus are already mature and fully confident of their means.

It made for another fine match which Serie A could be proud of. There was plenty of tactical acumen and technical excellence, but without it ever suffocating the spectacle. It had a good ebb and flow to it and also, of course, the passion you would expect from a derby match.

Both teams, you felt, could come out of it with their heads held high - if not the three points. With the Italian Super Cup to play for and a draw in the last 16 of the Champions League awaiting them, it was job done for the Bianconeri, who slowly but surely turned up the heat on Torino in a game which could easily have slipped away from them. It helps, of course, to have Serie A’s most deadly finisher on your side.

However, there were more than enough good points for Toro to take from the match as well. Their fans were understandably deflated after a deadly one-two in the closing 10 minutes denied them even the consolation of a single point from the clash. But, when they have time to reflect on things, they will realise that the game was another indicator of the progress they have made.

In Belotti, they have a lion-hearted frontman who leads by example, but they have plenty of other impressive performers. Mirko Valdifiori makes the midfield tick, Luca Rossettini is rock-solid at the back and Ljajic and Iago Falque provide sparks of creativity and class. If you add to that the up-and-coming under-25s like Marco Benassi, Daniele Baselli and Antonio Barreca and you have plenty to feel optimistic about.

Overall, Italian football was a winner too. It was a game played without the histrionics and controversy which sometimes blight the big matches in Serie A. It’s great to see teams have a genuine go at Juventus and try to knock them from their perch at the top of the table. And, of course, La Vecchia Signora will respond - as she so often has throughout her history - by slowly but surely smothering their dreams.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Here in Rijeka [and Croatia], Juventus has a reputation of being a disgusting, cheating club. :boh: And that was even before Calciopoli and Serie B. When Calciopoli was underway, most people cheered for Juve to be relegated to Lega Pro. And I still listen to sentences like Juve is stealing, Juve should not exist anymore, Juve should have been demoted to less than Serie B. I'm tired of fighting with such idiots.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Why do you care what they think?

I enjoy it when people get mad, when we win in a controversial way. It shows them their true self

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Here in Rijeka [and Croatia], Juventus has a reputation of being a disgusting, cheating club. :boh: And that was even before Calciopoli and Serie B. When Calciopoli was underway, most people cheered for Juve to be relegated to Lega Pro. And I still listen to sentences like Juve is stealing, Juve should not exist anymore, Juve should have been demoted to less than Serie B. I'm tired of fighting with such idiots.
People hate the best. It's always been this way.

Do like me. Rock Juve shirts every time you're in public.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)