The Juventus For Life Thread (7 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
I dont know where juve will play next season, only time will tell............What I do know is that they had one hell of a 05/06

The bianconeri’s record season

9 CONSECUTIVE VICTORIES FROM THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEASON
To say that Juve started the season at a canter would be an understatement. Whilst other squads were gradually easing themselves back into competitive action, the bianconeri exploded into form from day one. 27 points from a possible 27, 18 goals scored and only 2 conceded, proved to their rivals that Capello’s side were taking nothing for granted.
Juve’s nine victories represent the best start to a season by any squad in the history of Serie A:
Juventus-Chievo 1.0; Empoli-Juventus 0-4; Juventus-Ascoli 2.1; Udinese-Juventus 0-1; Parma-Juventus 1-2; Juventus-Inter 2-0; Juventus-Messina 1-0; Lecce-Juventus 0-3; Juventus-Sampdoria 2-0.

21 CONSECUTIVE AWAY GAMES ON THE SCORESHEET
The importance of consistency in a modern squad cannot be overstated and for the last two years Juventus have proved themselves masters of retaining their focus and form in the long run. For 21 consecutive away games the bianconeri scored at least one goal, pouring endless pressure on their rivals whilst maintaining a consistently high level of performance:
2004-05 Season: Matchday 27: Roma-Juventus 1-2, Matchday 28: Chievo-Juventus 0-1; Matchday 30: Fiorentina-Juventus 3-3; Matchday 33: Lazio-Juventus 0-1; Matchday 35: Milan-Juventus 0-1; Matchday 37: Livorno-Juventus 2-2.
2005-06 Season: Matchday 2: Empoli-Juventus 0-4; Matchday 4: Udinese-Juventus 0-1; Matchday 5: Parma-Juventus 1-2; Matchday 8: Lecce-Juventus 0-3; Matchday 10: Milan-Juventus 3-1, Matchday 12: Roma-Juventus 1-4; Matchday 14: Fiorentina-Juventus 1-2; Matchday 16: Lazio-Juventus 1-1; Matchday 18: Palermo-Juventus 1-2; Matchday 20: Chievo-Juventus 1-1; Matchday 22: Ascoli-Juventus 1-3; Matchday 25: Inter-Juventus 1-2; Matchday 26: Messina-Juventus 2-2; Matchday 28: Sampdoria-Juventus 0-1; Matchday 30: Livorno-Juventus 1-3

THE GREATEST JUVE GOALSCORER OF ALL-TIME

Alex Del Piero this season celebrates his seventh scudetto win as a Juventus player, only one away from equalling the all-time record of eight as set by Beppe Furino (Ferrari also has eight, but 'only’ 6 as a Juve player). However, whilst Alex eagerly anticipates another title success, he can reflect on a season in which he surpassed Giampiero Boniperti’s scoring record of 182 goals, making him the greatest Juventus goalscorer in history and putting him on course for an unprecedented double-century. The captain’s achievement has been over a decade in the making, and considering that Boniperti’s record stood for almost 45 years, juventini may have to wait a while before they see another Del Piero…

76 MATCHES AT THE TOP OF THE TABLE
This record, more than any other, proves the bianconeri’s dominance of Serie A in the last two years. Since Capello’s first game in charge, against Brescia on 12th September 2004, Juventus have never been unseated from their position at the top of the table. Following their retention of the scudetto this season their record currently stands at 76 games – beating the existing record of 72 set by Capello when he was in charge at Milan.

TREZEGUET BECOMES TOP FOREIGN GOALSCORER

David Trezeguet joined Alex Del Piero on triple figures this season, steadily rising through the ranks of previously prolific goalscorers with a total of 28 goals from the 2005/06 season alone. Whilst his hundredth goal was hugely significant for the striker, it was his 105th that would have pleased him the most, seeing him surpass the record achieved by his yellow Frenchman, Le Roi, Michel Platini. As the season continued and David’s goal tally increased he finally passed the 124 of John Hansen, a feat that the Dane achieved between 1948-1954, becoming Juve’s highest-scoring foreign player.
Trezeguet’s next objective is to surpass Anastasi’s 131-goal quota and put himself in the top 5…

juventus.com

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
at my homeland i'm supporting a called ob(odense) which in the last decade has won 1 coppa, 2. division(yes they were relegated, very sad year for me,hehe) and this year 3.place in 1 division.
not much but in dk there are only 2 clubs fighting for the championship, some of you might know them brøndby and fc copenhagen. each year i bet with my friends
who will be champions(well knowing my team won't be winning it, but i hope..) those bets have costed god knows how many beers.
for gods sake i have watched them play awaygames, where the neighbours were cornfields to the socalled stadium, more likely 2 goals on a field,haha.

this though is nothing compared to what i feel and will do for juve.
anybody remember a danish player called Michael Laudrup, well he played at juve in the late 80's, he is the reason i started to follow juve. when he and elkjær from verona left, danish tv didn't show as many matches as they used to, so it was hard to follow serie a. i wasn't a real fan yet, partly because i was too young to fully grasp all the aspects of football and partly because the limited access i had to italian football.
but in 1990 a little ponytale came in for italy, baggio and juve the following years are the main reason how i got my passion for football, and thus juve for good.
danish tv started to show italian league football again but during those years milan were magic, and all my friends started to support them except one nugglehead who liked fiorentina. but still even though juve weren't dominating it was my team. the late 90's were great, but it was sad losing both finals. when we lost against milan 2003 i really felt with lippi, he above all deserved a win. during the years i even managed to make juvefans out of my girlfriends.

it breaks my heart these days to know that juve could be punished, and not knowing the old lady's destiny. but no matter where they play i'll be supporting them. there has been discussions on who where real fans and who were gloryhunters. i have never watched a match at delle alpi, i don't know the names of every primera player, i frankly don't care what people think of me.
all i know is that a footballgame is only passionate when juve is playing, any other game are just either good or bad in my eyes.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
Juve is one and only.Every real Juve fan must support and stand behind the club with all their soul.
It absolutely irrelevant what the court will say for the future ,I mean about going in lower leagues.
We must supoprt the club.That is .No way for other things.
And we will overcome this.I am sure.Juve is too big to be damaged even wioth this kind of things.And I personally think that we we stay in Serie A.

NESSUNO COME NOI!FORZA MAGICA JUVENTUS.

OP
baggio

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #165
    I think a lot of the guys in here are making fair rationalisations about how hard it would be to follow Juve in a lower league. Be it the lack of broadcasting, big sponsors or even interesting players. That could very well be the case for a better part of us including myself. However, on putting it in perspective, I realize that if I stop hearing about Juve's progress because of the lack of resources, I may not support them as fanatically as I do now, only because of their invisibility on a larger scale - but when I say Forza Juve, I dont think I can love any other team the way I do this one and that alone would make it very hard to follow the Serie A or Champions League as I do currently. So without Juventus, to put it mildly, for fans like me, the game just wont be the same.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Juve_Kosova said:
    Juve will stay in Serie A !
    I cannot see that happening as the rest of the world will not be happy at all with Italy, nor will Uefa or Fifa. Its gone way too far for us to escape any sanctions

Tariq

Jun 17, 2003
    I think there are a few important things a true Juve fan should abide by.

1. If the club has been found guilty or held accountable for an illegal act carried out by any of its manageriel members, then we have to accept the charges and the punishment, becuase I'm sure that's what all of us would want to happen to any other team in Serie A that were involved in such disgraceful acts.

2. If the club is punished for being found guilty by relegation or point deduction or whatever, then as a true Juve fan you make sure that the sources of such actions are eliminated from the club before you continue to support it. I don't think any true Juve fan will be proud of knowing that any single Scuddetto or champoinship was won because of any influence other than the great effort of the players and their coach.

3. If that happens then a true juve fan will remain loyal to the team no matter what happens, without blaming lack of resources or satellite coverage or whatever reason, beacuse I am sure that it won't be long before Juve are back in serie A competeing for the title.

What Juve need after all this is one hell of a PR Campaign to be able to clear the big black cloud that has over shadowed the club in the past few weeks and wash away the stains that have tainted every single good thing that this great club ever stood for.

God Bless Juve.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Forza Juve ,wherever Juve play we must stay toogether and support our club!!!

The days of glory are maybe the past,but we are not in love with the glory ,we love Juve!

Forza Juve!

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
    May 7, 2006
    WHATEVER happends, I have never supported another club (except for PSV Eindhoven, and Celik Zenica *bosnia* )
    I am the only one in my family supporting Juve, the rest is AC Milan, but I don't care, I will always say that Juve is the best, and I will never support any other club(s)
    Also in football manager, I've never been another club then Juventus :p
    if we go to serie B, no problem, we will battle ourselfs back just like fiorentina did
    forza juve, one love or no love, i dont care, juve comes 1st

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
    Apr 5, 2006
    now how did i became a juve fan!!

It was a worm sunny day and......just kidding!
    my cousin who is 2 years older than me first introduced me to juve when i was 12 yers old (now im 17) he was telling me all about Del Piero (The footbal Mozart as we call him in my home town) and along with him i started to watch juve matches and generaly i started to watch football!! Today on my 17'th year of my life (and 3 months) i am one of the biggest fans in the world and i love juve more than my cousin,my father (who is also a juve fan),and all of my friends in my town!!!

Juve in my heart,juve in my soul! yeah juveeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

no matter what i will always love juve!!!

oh, and juve will not be relegated thats my thought!!!

Myrpou

Apr 12, 2006
    No one knows for sure where Juve will be next year...Serie A, B C1 or C2. But one thing is sure, Juve will always be in the top division of my heart, it's all black and white and i will never be able to change it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)