the john game..... (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
John and me have spent some time planning a new game called the john game. Here's a little about it.

Whats the point?

The point of the game is to win the league. And kick some ass in the process ;).

So how do we win the league then?

You win the league bu accumulating the most points out of all the teams in the league- just like in real life.

How the hell does a team win points?

A member wins points based on the performance of your equivalent Serie A player; the better his ratings, the better the member's score will be. The total score of your team each week is the total score of all your team-members put together. Easy enough, isnt it?

Great! Now...um....how do I get to play?

Do as your told, end you'll get to play in no time! Here's what you do:

1) Gather six of your friends, and you, and make a 7-member team.

2) Pick a formation for your team: 3-2-1, 3-1-2, 2-3-1, 2-2-2. The formation you pick cannot be changed, so pick carefully.

3) Assign a position on the field to each of your team-mates. For a list of field-positions available in each formation, check the FAQ.

4) Submit the required information to John 10 or Lac via PM.
You will need: Your formation and your 7 team-members.

5) Wait for your info to appear on the official thread- each player will recieve their randomly-picked 3-man group(for more info check the FAQ), and your randomly-chosen team name.

Wow! I got myself a team! What next?

Team-Management! Betcha didnt see that coming ;) Dont worry tho, its not nearly bad as it sounds (its nearly as fun as fun as it sounds either) All you gotta do is pick your first-team from all the available Serie A players in each member's group. If a Serie A player in a players group is injured(salas) or suspended(davids), he's considered unavailable, and you cannot pick him for your first-team. Just pick the next player in your group. If none of your players are available, just pick the 3rd player of a team-mate's group.

But if your the type of person that hates management, and in case your thinking- "What a royal pain in the posterior this is!"- then we have a solution for you!

If all you want is to play- then you can do just that. We'll pick your best team ourselves, and you dont have to worry about a thing! Note: While we will pick the best team possible from your available Serie A players, we cannot guarantee anything.

OK. I did whatever the hell I had to do. I know everything, so can I play now?

Sure. Just remember to submit your squad every Thursday if you want to pick your squad yourselves. Otherwise send us nothing.

After your done with all that, just sit back, grab a Remy, and hope your players do well in the league.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    FAQ

What are the squad positions available?

Your squad positions really depend on the formation you choose for your team. This determines the positions available for your team.

Here is a chart:

Keeper:
    1 Keeper

Defence:
    2-Man: LB, RB,
    3-Man: LB, CB, RB

Midfield:
    1-Man: CM
    2-Man: LM, RM
    3-Man: LM, CM, RM

Attack:
    1-Man: CF
    2-Man: LF, RF

I dont get the while 3-man group thing.

Your 3-man group consists of 3 real-life Serie A players who play in the same area as you(Keeper, Defence, Midfield or Attack).

EG: 1- NEDVED 2- TACCHINARDI 3- BAIOCCO

Your default first-team and usually your best player is your No. 1 player- in this case Nedved. He is in your default first team.

In case Nedved is suspended or injured, he cannot play in the game either, and the default replacement is Tacchinardi- the second player on your list. If he's injured/suspended too, Baiocco comes in.

Your players are chosen completely at random, and you depend on your first-team player to win points.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

i dont understand. do i have to pick 6 "friends" from the serie a or 6 friends from lithuania?
    No! Six friends from the forums! The game is played on the forums dude...;)

Sep 28, 2002
    i still dont quite get it.

so pick team of 6 seire a players choose a formation and send that to you?
    oh, i missed this message.

OK, i'm creating a team, called FC BYBYS. i play with number 8 and i'm the captain. who wnts to play with me?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ok i get it,,,tell my if im wrong..

for example,:
    a team is : and the players for each member

Hydde:Batistua, Vieri, Miccoli
    Toto:Van bastem, gullit, sebina
    Pako:valderrama,toldo,litmanen
    Espectro:bonnefioi, ruggeri, lauldrup
    Mochi:platini ,pele,thuram
    Roli:macdonalds, kentucky, raul.
    Brolly:Tsubasa, ikaro, maradona.

is this way??

and every player must choose one of his 3 players to play in that serie a match day right?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

oh, i missed this message.

OK, i'm creating a team, called FC BYBYS. i play with number 8 and i'm the captain. who wnts to play with me?
    well, i dont have any team so! let me in =)

Sep 28, 2002
    you're in.

no, wait? did you participate in gamnling game and how you predicted udinese inter score? (just to make sure you wont chore batistuta and inzaghi brothers) ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    do the three players have to be in the same position?

ex, can i chose: Del Piero, Cannavaro, and Buffon??
    No, i think you cannot...
    We can only build a team of seven forum users, then, assign a possition to each member. Well, then send the team with the possitions ready to the "game master". He will choose ramdomly 3 players for each member . Its up to you to decide which player fits in the position you are..

if im wrong please tell me,,because those rules are a little confusing

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

No, i think you cannot...
    We can only build a team of seven forum users, then, assign a possition to each member. Well, then send the team with the possitions ready to the "game master". He will choose ramdomly 3 players for each member . Its up to you to decide which player fits in the position you are..

if im wrong please tell me,,because those rules are a little confusing
    yeah, i also understood the rules this way, every player from a 7 man forum team choses three players of the same position. points gained by 1st choise are that counts, if he's unavailable, of the 2nd choise player and so on...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

yeah, i also understood the rules this way, every player from a 7 man forum team choses three players of the same position. points gained by 1st choise are that counts, if he's unavailable, of the 2nd choise player and so on...
    Yeps but i think that we cant choose our players,,,they random assing the players. Because imagine, all the forum players will have the same 3 guys "delpiero, nedved and buffon".
    =)

just to do the things interesting and make the whole team think a little about who must use certain player in a certain match.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

Yeps but i think that we cant choose our players,,,they random assing the players. Because imagine, all the forum players will have the same 3 guys "delpiero, nedved and buffon".
    =)

just to do the things interesting and make the whole team think a little about who must use certain player in a certain match.
    no, i think forum players can choose players, cause all players from 7 man team will have to choose players of different possitions, according to formation

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

no, i think forum players can choose players, cause all players from 7 man team will have to choose players of different possitions, according to formation

no, because for example,, in the formation you were assigned "forward" and i was assigned "defebder".

They, (the guys who control the game), assign 3 strikers for you, and 3 defenders for me, .
    (because the formation cant be changed again,, and ill be forever a defender, and you ll be forever a striker), In that case eill be no problems, and no one will have the same players.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    and its useless to have for example a goalkeeper in your "personal 3-man squad", if you are a striker in the formation ,see?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)