The ideal end for a transfer campaign. (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Del Piero to be sold for a certain sum of money to a club in Italy or abroad, it doesn't really matter.

The money gained from this transfer and more if needed as well as Miccoli to be given to ASRoma in exchange for Cassano and Mancini.

Discuss!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Del Piero to be sold for a certain sum of money to a club in Italy or abroad, it doesn't really matter.

The money gained from this transfer and more if needed as well as Miccoli to be given to ASRoma in exchange for Cassano and Mancini.

Discuss!!
Luv it hahaha

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    I am against the purchase of Cassano this year, as well against the selling of Del Piero. But considering what Capello wants, this is the best that can be done to get his beloved boy.

JuveAllTheWay

May 24, 2005
    The Ideal Transfer Campaign ending would be : Buying - Mozart, Mancini, Pires, Barzagli, Miguel/plus sell - Miccoli to Perugia, maybe even as exchange in order to get Barzagli :cheesy:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    I am against the purchase of Cassano this year, as well against the selling of Del Piero. But considering what Capello wants, this is the best that can be done to get his beloved boy.
    All too likely I'm afraid. What's important to consider as well is DP's good influence off the pitch. I hardly believe Cassano is going to fill up that role. I don't believe Cassano and Zlatan will get along well either.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    I don't agree with this, not becopuse I want DP to stay or becouse I don't want Cassano.

My opinion is that if Juventus is planning to pass the legacy to Cassano (still have my doubts that Cassano is the player to pass it), then we should keep DP, get Cassano, let them play one season togueter, Cassano still can learn ALOT of Del Piero, he teach him to be a mature player (wich he isn't) and not a spoil kid (I don't blame Cassano, I mean he learn it from Totti). After Cassano show maturity then we can discuss about selling DP, then we could think of seen Cassano has our next club Icon.

PS. I would prefer to pass the legacy to some Juve kid from our priomavera, like Volpato, but I know that this will not happend.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Well as long as Mutu isnt going anywhere, Id be more than happy to get Cassano on board. And i've got to agree with Jeeks, that it is Dp's sale that'll be used if at all to fund Cassano's purchase with Miccoli thrown into the deal. There's no other way we could afford Cassano.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Well as long as Mutu isnt going anywhere, Id be more than happy to get Cassano on board. And i've got to agree with Jeeks, that it is Dp's sale that'll be used if at all to fund Cassano's purchase with Miccoli thrown into the deal. There's no other way we could afford Cassano.
    Exactly, I started the thread meaning on how to afford Capello's demands.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    One of my bioggest fears is the fact that CAssano only wants to join Juve becouse of Capello... wich makes me think, What will happend when Capello leaves?

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    One of my bioggest fears is the fact that CAssano only wants to join Juve becouse of Capello... wich makes me think, What will happend when Capello leaves?
    Cassano leaves for double what was paid.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    A very fair question. He can self-implode with 90% of the coaching styles out there.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Mancini and Cassano are both exceptional performers but personally I don't believe we need either of them here in Turin.

Mancini plays his best football when operating on the right hand side of midfield, a position Mauro German Camoranesi has made his own thanks to a number of eye-catching displays over the last six or seven months.

Mancini is one of the most exciting players in Serie A these days. He has pace, skill, a decent delivery and a relatively impressive eye for goal, but what about his defensive skills? He's capable of befuddling defenders and providing telling passes, but he's far from brilliant when it comes to tackling and most certainly below par as far as heading is concerned.

With Camoranesi occupying the right midfield role I expect Mancini would be asked to play right back and I'm not so sure how we'd hold up defensively with Mancini and Zambrotta, two players who long to get forward and help out in attack, commanding full back roles. Even with two of the best holding midfielders in world football protecting the rear guard we would still be vulnerable to counter attacks, especially against teams with quick forwards as neither Thuram nor Cannavaro can keep up with players who possess a bit of pace.

I have reiterated my stance on the Cassano situation far too often so I'm not going to expand on that topic. I feel that we already have a very good set of forwards at our disposal and can do without the purchase of Cassano. Perhaps next year. :)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

A very fair question. He can self-implode with 90% of the coaching styles out there.

thats exacly what I mean swag, and thats why I believe that maybe if we can bring Cassano and still keep DP, maybe, MAYBE Cassano would mature...

Del Piero may not be the best player in the world, but the one thing that Cassano could learn about Alex is maturity and loyalty, in other words how become a leader.

Like I said, I don't blame Cassano for been a time bomb, he has the worst teacher to learn in Totti (again about maturity and leadership), Cassano is a great player, but in my eyes, he still has alot to learn to become a leader.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    Exactly, we won't be able to afford Cassano unless we sell Del Piero and TBH I don't see that happening this summer.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    This is not a Del Piero thread, it is a transfer thread.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Well, I have to say that this is the first thread concerning Del Piero in wich I see people discussing without sentence lie " Del Piero Sucks" or "Del Piero is the best"

It has bee a while since we can discuss like mature people about this matters...

I bet that someone is gonna ruin this :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    thats exacly what I mean swag, and thats why I believe that maybe if we can bring Cassano and still keep DP, maybe, MAYBE Cassano would mature...

Del Piero may not be the best player in the world, but the one thing that Cassano could learn about Alex is maturity and loyalty, in other words who become a leader.

Like I said, I don't blame Cassano for been a time bomb, he has the worst teacher to learn in Totti (again about maturity and leadership), Cassano is a great player, but in my eyes, he still has alot to learn to become a leader.
    100% agreement. Totti is a joke of a captain over at the submerged (note: I didn't say sinking) "S.S. Roma". But Cassano seems to respond well to the right level of coaching and mature leadership.

Capello seems to give him a long enough leash to give him room to do his thing while being constructive ... while also making sure he's accountable and doesn't get out of hand to hurt the team. Many coaches do not seem capable of having this kind of success with a difficult player. I certainly couldn't see Lippi pulling it off. And I have to give Capello a bit of credit with how Zlatan didn't turn out to be as much of a tantrum-throwing primadonna as I worried about at first.

DP is our captain, and I think could impart a lot of maturity and sense into Cassano that he has no one to look up to for in his current club. Not that I would ever expect Cassano to become a role model himself at any time in his career. I honestly don't expect him to ever become a leader per se. But I think he could benefit from some maturity ... as he has a lot of room to grow there. And DP has been through a lot and could really impart a lot there.

But without DPs captainship, and most certainly without Capello's nurturing leadership, I worry that Cassano could turn out to be just another rudderless punk at a different club (i.e., Juve) down the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)