The...I want this player to Juve thread (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
Last summer, if someone would've asked me about Rakitic I would've said yes please with a nice smile. This year it's been a different story as he hasn't played well and seems to have a attitude problem, thus he's lost his place in Schalkes first XI, atleast sometimes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I never suggest Juve were about to start throwing money about.

I merely suggested that Juve have recovered sufficiently to be able to increase the level of spending if they so wish.
But that's the dilemma I talked about. Let's say the economic crisis continues to increase, is it wise to spend more now? Or is it better to save a bit for worse times?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
We need to spend Jack, I prefer to call it "Invest". If we don't invest on good players, we are going to get worse. The aging players, the lack of quality of the others won't take this side much further. But we should spend it very very wisely, not like we did with Poulsen for example. Even if we will get free players, we should bring the ones we really need, in the end they don't play for free..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We need to spend Jack, I prefer to call it "Invest". If we don't invest on good players, we are going to get worse. The aging players, the lack of quality of the others won't take this side much further. But we should spend it very very wisely, not like we did with Poulsen for example. Even if we will get free players, we should bring the ones we really need, in the end they don't play for free..
Companies and banks are going bankrupt all over the world. Spending is not wise. Unless you think that sports are not affected by the economic situation. If that's the case I will no longer continue this discussion.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Душан;1896330 said:
Meh,we don't need average defenders anymore.

and what are we going to do with Criscito?
swap him for the next Stankovic and Milito. :p

Those are just the daily names thrown by the papers so I wouldn't pay much attention to them.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Companies and banks are going bankrupt all over the world. Spending is not wise. Unless you think that sports are not affected by the economic situation. If that's the case I will no longer continue this discussion.
Sure it affects, but what I am saying you should build a good squad to win money, with CL bonuses tv rights and all, I doubt this squad is good enough for that for next year. You said it that day, how big CL's prize money is. We need to fight for that money, spending 30-40 Million isn't really a big risk, we will receive that sum and much more this year from the CL anyway.. We need to control the wage budget, that's the most important part, we should get rid of highly paid players who don't contribute much to the team, Tiago for example..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop, you are still saying things I already know but do you know that if things continue that way, FIAT will seize to exist?

If you are surely agreeing that the crisis affects football then why on earth would one spend? Where can one get the money from?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I didn't see him play lately but he seems to be getting more starts than before which is a good thing.

You think he can handle the pressure of replacing neddy?

also i think we should monitor the van der vart situation at real. he doesn't seem to be very happy at being on the bench.
I don't know. TBH, I never saw him as a direct Nedved replacement. He lacks the drive, the energy, the speed that Nedved has. His strong points are in the view of the game, passing and set pieces. I'd sure like to see him here as he is a really talented player, but would he be able to fit Nedved's shoes? I don't know...even Rakitic himself admits those are some big shoes to fill.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
For 12 mill Euros, that will be risky to take Rakitic as Nedved replacement if it based on this year performances..
But if his price is 10 mill or under that, i would think that as a good investment

I see Bosko Jankovic or Diego is been the target as Nedved replacement, there a lot of news regarding both players linked to Juve...
Van Der Vaart will be a good solution too if his situation at RM remains unchanged

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Too old for loan? Is there such a thing? :D Btw, you made Dusan think he is some old git with this comment, hehe, when Bjärsmyr will play tonight against U-21 Italy, and is the best defending talent Sweden has.

But yeah, random rumour mill, someone in Italy is interested in him, so they just mention every other italian club they can think of, and us specifically due our nordic players.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
True dat, we need direct starting material, instead of more squad material. But I hardly watch the swedish league, but when it comes this dude, he is hyped up to quite exceptional defending talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)