The...I want this player to Juve thread (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
CRISTIANO RONALDO has revealed he came “within a whisker” of signing for Arsenal before eventually joining Manchester United.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger met the Portugal winger three times in a bid to bring the player to north London.

But United gazumped the deal by entering negotiations and offering three times more than their Premier League rivals.

Ronaldo said: “I came within a whisker of doing it. Wenger is someone I respect a lot. He is very intelligent.”

Jorge Mendes, Ronaldo’s agent, added: “That is what happened. Everyone wanted Cristiano — Real Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona.

“But only Arsenal and Manchester United attempted to take him from that season. The others wanted to leave him at Sporting at least a year.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2008830.ece

Maybe Moggi was telling the truth that he could of signed Ronaldo

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
CRISTIANO RONALDO has revealed he came “within a whisker” of signing for Arsenal before eventually joining Manchester United.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger met the Portugal winger three times in a bid to bring the player to north London.

But United gazumped the deal by entering negotiations and offering three times more than their Premier League rivals.

Ronaldo said: “I came within a whisker of doing it. Wenger is someone I respect a lot. He is very intelligent.”

Jorge Mendes, Ronaldo’s agent, added: “That is what happened. Everyone wanted Cristiano — Real Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona.

“But only Arsenal and Manchester United attempted to take him from that season. The others wanted to leave him at Sporting at least a year.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2008830.ece

Maybe Moggi was telling the truth that he could of signed Ronaldo
Moggi did state that there was an agreement with sporting to sign ronaldo with marcelo salas going the other way.Salas refused & the tranfer never materialised.

Mar 30, 2006
Forget about Villa, Albiol is the Valencia player I want at Juve.
I would take any of Villa, Mata, Silva, Joaquin, Miguel, Alexis or Albiol. I think any of those players would be great. Silva and Villa are out of our reach though. But the rest could be possible give Valencia's $$ problems.

Joaquin, Albiol and Miguel ... that would be sweet.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
He's that lefty who loves to play on the right? I've heard comparisons with Pavel but I think I saw him play in front. Maybe he's versatile which is a good thing.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's that lefty who loves to play on the right? I've heard comparisons with Pavel but I think I saw him play in front. Maybe he's versatile which is a good thing.
He is quite creative too (neat vision, instead of a direct player like Pavel), and he can play left wing, AMC and forward, so not restricted to the right. Would prefer him to Schweini every single time. Had a quite impressive breakthrough season last season. Villa's partner in crime more then the others most of the time. Real are fucking idiots to have dumped him.

We ignore our youth too, but they have been average, so no big regrets. But Mata is one class talent, who immediately goes to a direct rival and shines for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)