The...I want this player to Juve thread (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
thank god we didnt get milito for 20million
from the copa i wouldnt pay more than 8-12 forhim max...he was good but not as great as canna or thuram were in their prime days for us
a bad deal imo for barca but they got big money to spend after real knocked them off the number one spot in spain

X-ZERO

From MÉXICO whit Love
Jun 22, 2007
pepe going to madrid for a crazy amount of money really opens the doors for us, it was one i was not expecting, it means 1 less team interested in milito, one less interested in heinze and also a good possibility of canna being on his way out, although i suspect he will just school pepe. it may also mean milito to barca and then marquez would be free to come to us! any other possible suggestions for our defence?[/QUOTE]

:pint: 4 Marquez

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Amazing how quiet the transfer section has been in the last few days. Really makes you wonder if we will sign anyone else or if this is to be the squad for next season.

Folk speaking about the squad being 98 or 99% complete even seems to have stopped the wild rumours in the media.

I still think we have money left since most of the signings will be paid over a few years and so I think there will be more faces, either a CB or an attacking mid, probably another CB.

Also if we are finished in the market for this summer, we should be turning our attentions to try and secure options on players for winter or next summer. Guys like Huntelaar, Quagliarella, Van der Vaart, Zapata etc so it is easier to strengthen the squad next year for (hopefully) CL football.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I think if we pick up anyone at this point it will be a waste. I don't want to oversaturate our roster with above average players. Lets get a good start and pick up a top notch player at the midway point. It seems all that is left for us right now are good players. We need better than that.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think if we pick up anyone at this point it will be a waste. I don't want to oversaturate our roster with above average players. Lets get a good start and pick up a top notch player at the midway point. It seems all that is left for us right now are good players. We need better than that.
So you wouldn't want to get rid of Boumsong and Leggro and buy another good CB?

We certainly need to clear out some players before buying more and I am certainly not advocating buying for the sake of it. I would just like to see another good CB to play with Andrade.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Agree, we clearly couldn't get our first choice in defence so we should wait as we hopefuly will qualify for CL next year. Then getting the players we want should be a lot easier. Don't waste cash on second string players. Only the best is good enough for Juve.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Agree, we clearly couldn't get our first choice in defence so we should wait as we hopefuly will qualify for CL next year. Then getting the players we want should be a lot easier. Don't waste cash on second string players. Only the best is good enough for Juve.
Surely not strengthening the defence further risks missing out on qualifying for the CL?

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Surely not strengthening the defence further risks missing out on qualifying for the CL?
Andrade-Criscito-Grygera-Chiellini-Boumsong-Legro
they can all play as cb so we are covered at cb, agreed it is good not excellent but we wanted Milito and Meira and failed so I think if we can't get the players we want we whould wait till we can get them and not waste any money on our third or fourth choice. I believe we can reach CL with the team we have.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
another CB to partner Andrade is an absolute must...and our CM is looking a bit thinner 2 now that Tachhi and Giannichedda are also leaving
if reports about loaning marchisio to siena are true(i sure hope not) then our board must think our midfield is packed enough
cb is a decisive issue but if we cant get who we want we should not go for the next best thing as only the best is good enough
i dont care about the title next yr..i only want cl spot

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Andrade-Criscito-Grygera-Chiellini-Boumsong-Legro
they can all play as cb so we are covered at cb, agreed it is good not excellent but we wanted Milito and Meira and failed so I think if we can't get the players we want we whould wait till we can get them and not waste any money on our third or fourth choice. I believe we can reach CL with the team we have.
only the 1st name in that group inspires any confidence @ CB...and Chiellini's normal position is LB

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Just putting this here...I want to say that I believe it's impossible but just for your information. One of the guru's says that if Juve want to spend the cash for real, it would be on Steven Gerrard.

I know, he was under the influence of some substance so just putting this out there.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)