The...I want this player to Juve thread (101 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
lack of strikers hmm debatable
They have only 3 attackers. Raul, Saviola and Higuain.
Theoretically, you can play throughout the season with only 1 striker, or even without one, but in reality a team like Real, that's playing in La Liga and CL, needs at least 4 attackers and at least one target man type of striker.
At this moment they don't, so Huntelaar is rightfully their main objective.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was wrong actually, Tassard was right.
They haven't changed the rule. They just made it really confusing.
Articles 17.07, 17.17 and 17.18 make it confusing

Here is article 17.07 from UEFA regulations :

17.07 Excluding the three rounds of the UEFA Intertoto Cup and the UEFA Super
Cup, and subject to paragraph 17.18 below, a player may not play UEFA
club competition matches for more than one competing club in the course of
the same season.
A substitute player who is not fielded is entitled to play for
another club competing in the same season’s UEFA club competitions,
provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance
with the present Regulations.

And this is article 17.17/ 17.18:

17.17 For all matches from the start of the first knockout round, a club may register
a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the
current competition. Such registration must be completed by
1 February 2009 at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

17.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club
competition matches for another competing club in the current season may
exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
− in the same competition for another club
− for another club that is currently in the same competition.

This means that a player who has been fielded in another competition for another club, is eligible to play in another competition, which is the case with Huntelaar and Real.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Heard a rumor that we may swap iaquinta for pasqual from fiorentina in january....a striker for a new LB. Got it off of transfermarketweb but not sure what newspaper

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't think that any other team, even Chelsea or Man City, was willing to pay 20m eur for Huntelaar. I don't know why do you think Ajax should've gotten more than 20m eur.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Wasn't the rumor 30 mill before? I would have tried for 24-27m. Not that real will die that's chump change anyways for them. Maybe at least wait until summer to sell

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Wasn't the rumor 30 mill before? I would have tried for 24-27m. Not that real will die that's chump change anyways for them. Maybe at least wait until summer to sell
For 2-3 years they couldn't sell him, or at least they couldn't sell him for the wanted price. If they waited more they'd have probably sold him for less than what they'll get now, not for more.

I didn't follow KJH so i can't say anything about his qualities, but it's strange (having in mind all the hype surrounding him) that no team was willing to pay even 20m eur. Maybe the scouts who followed him closely weren't impressed by him and they concluded that he's not worth the money.
Maybe Ajax are even lucky that Real are so desperate to buy a new striker.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
How are ajax then looking for coverage up top if the just sold there best striker. I guess that's my arguement that if a club were to sell there best striker midway thru the season it should be for a great deal. Maybe 20m is great considering not anyone was gonna pay that this january, I just wonder what it might have been had they waited til seasons end

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
perhaps they understood that know is the best chance to get the most money for him.

waiting longer would not raise his price.
-the older he gets the lower the price will be
-the dutch league will not gain importance on an international level, so that wont raise the price either
-he did prove that he can score plenty in the netherlands, there is nothing he could prove more to raise his price
-right now, madrid are willing to spend and if rvn was healthy they would not even have a club that would be willing to go for hunterlaar

so it is the right time to sell him

further they have an good scorer in suarez ... he is no poacher but did score 10 goals in 19 appearances ...
compared to huntelaars 9 goals in 15 appearances that is quite good

so ajax do not lack the attacking power.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Heard a rumor that we may swap iaquinta for pasqual from fiorentina in january....a striker for a new LB. Got it off of transfermarketweb but not sure what newspaper
loooool it would take an idiot to not realise that iaquinta's face value price is greater than pasqual's

:lol: i hope he rots and chokes at real holland. van der sar is next

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ajax are not really in much of a position to negotiate any higher. they are a selling club, with players with big ambitions abroad. 20 mill for a january sale, i think it was very good business. hope it works better for ajax than it does madrid

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
perhaps they understood that know is the best chance to get the most money for him.

waiting longer would not raise his price.
-the older he gets the lower the price will be
-the dutch league will not gain importance on an international level, so that wont raise the price either
-he did prove that he can score plenty in the netherlands, there is nothing he could prove more to raise his price
-right now, madrid are willing to spend and if rvn was healthy they would not even have a club that would be willing to go for hunterlaar

so it is the right time to sell him

further they have an good scorer in suarez ... he is no poacher but did score 10 goals in 19 appearances ...
compared to huntelaars 9 goals in 15 appearances that is quite good

so ajax do not lack the attacking power.
Good points!

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I actually like Kuijt. He has no special ability at all, but his work rate is phenomenal and it's the main reason why he plays on this level. It's nice to see that some hard work can pay off.

With that said, I dont consider him a great player by any means, but I respect the guy.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
What would you guys say about Diego Hernán Váleri? I know he's one of those young Argentinians pushed up by the media, but he may be just what we need, since he plays left OR right wing. So he could be something for the right side in a few years when camo is out, and in the meantime play in a rotation with ned/gio and camo/march (especially in the latter group there's always at least one injured, it seems)

I don't know him to well, i tried to find out what position he really plays in through the youtube videos but it's difficult to say. Anyone with more information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)