The...I want this player to Juve thread (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Interesting..... and i've heard that lately he's not getting much playing time in the team.
i did not ask how much he is playing, but if he does play less it could be because he does not have that hamsik-like skill and form many here think of him.

i did only ask my friend what he thinks of rakitic as he follows really every schalke game ... and that is what he told me.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
i did not ask how much he is playing, but if he does play less it could be because he does not have that hamsik-like skill and form many here think of him.

i did only ask my friend what he thinks of rakitic as he follows really every schalke game ... and that is what he told me.
I read somewhere that he is not getting much playing time due to the fact that he wants to leave the club. Could be. Although he isn't exactly playing too well either. At least recently...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I read somewhere that he is not getting much playing time due to the fact that he wants to leave the club. Could be. Although he isn't exactly playing too well either. At least recently...
one way or the other he is not what we need, considering he did not even play great with schalke.

if it is true that he wants out there, then he seems to be pretty stupid, because he did not satisfy the right to make demands, when he even was never the best player at schalke.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
one way or the other he is not what we need, considering he did not even play great with schalke.

if it is true that he wants out there, then he seems to be pretty stupid, because he did not satisfy the right to make demands, when he even was never the best player at schalke.
Forlan was wank at United but does that mean that Villareal should of not bought him?,oh but when he went to Villareal he set the league on fire.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Forlan was wank at United but does that mean that Villareal should of not bought him?,oh but when he went to Villareal he set the league on fire.
uh, come on ... we all know that there are players that will only shine in smaller clubs, but in our case WE are the big club... so someone who can not get into the first team of a mediocre german team will in no way set the league on fire when he plays for a much times bigger club !

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Marceℓℓo;1806045 said:
From what I've seen from Rakitic in the Croatian shirt he's pretty amazing.I wouldn't mind him at all and considering his age he only can get better.
so we should by any player that excells in the national team and sucks for his club ?

as already mentioned rakitic got himself a partner with petric in the national team, perhaps he does look so good because they know each other well (they played together in basel iirc) and do play good together, but now when he has to play on his own he does not much.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
Marceℓℓo;1806045 said:
From what I've seen from Rakitic in the Croatian shirt he's pretty amazing.I wouldn't mind him at all and considering his age he only can get better.
True.

so we should by any player that excells in the national team and sucks for his club ?

as already mentioned rakitic got himself a partner with petric in the national team, perhaps he does look so good because they know each other well (they played together in basel iirc) and do play good together, but now when he has to play on his own he does not much.
You're exaggerating. As far as I know, he was more than good last season with Schalke. Maybe he was better with the NT, but to say that was because of Petric doesn't make much sense. And I've seen all his games in the NT.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007

No,we shouldn't sign every player who is only playing decent for his national team.That wasn't my point anyway.My point was that he definitely is a very talented player.

I think Rakitic's problem is that the club doesn't fully believe in him and as a result he isn't as confident as he is when playing for Croatia.Add to that that he is often playing as a left winger in Schalke's 4-3-3,which isn't his preferred position as far as I know.

So you think he only plays good for Croatia because of Petric?Sorry,but that is bullshit.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
You're exaggerating. As far as I know, he was more than good last season with Schalke. Maybe he was better with the NT, but to say that was because of Petric doesn't make much sense. And I've seen all his games in the NT.
that he does only play good with petric were the words of a schalke fan who does see rakitic more often than we do.

Marceℓℓo;1806076 said:
No,we shouldn't sign every player who is only playing decent for his national team.That wasn't my point anyway.My point was that he definitely is a very talented player.
i never denied that...

Marceℓℓo;1806076 said:
I think Rakitic's problem is that the club doesn't fully believe in him and as a result he isn't as confident as he is when playing for Croatia.Add to that that he is often playing as a left winger in Schalke's 4-3-3,which isn't his preferred position as far as I know.
oh, and in juve everybody will believe in rakitic and thus he will play better ?
just look at giovinco ... i rate giovinco higher than rakitic and if gio does not get enough chances, how can rakitic fit in there ?

right ... he does not fit in there when even a stronger player does not get his time and his favourite position.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
that he does only play good with petric were the words of a schalke fan who does see rakitic more often than we do.

i never denied that...

oh, and in juve everybody will believe in rakitic and thus he will play better ?
just look at giovinco ... i rate giovinco higher than rakitic and if gio does not get enough chances, how can rakitic fit in there ?

right ... he does not fit in there when even a stronger player does not get his time and his favourite position.
Rakitic is far more proven than Giovinco so they aren't comparebale in my books and I rate Rakitic more than Giovinco right now.
Did Giovinco participate at a European Championshp and was a starter at the age of 20?Last time I checked he didn't.He isn't even in the near of the Azzurri.

How many professional seasons has Giovinco under his belt?Right,just one single season.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Marceℓℓo;1806093 said:
Rakitic is far more proven than Giovinco so they aren't comparebale in my books and I rate Rakitic more than Giovinco right now.
Did Giovinco participate at a European Championshp and was a starter at the age of 20?Last time I checked he didn't.He isn't even in the near of the Azzurri.

How many professional seasons has Giovinco under his belt?Right,just one single season.
i think it is pretty hard to compare them both, but honestly don't overrate the swiss league ...

without being a fanboy of giovinco i would say he woud easily have played in basel or another club from a similar low league ... so speaking of first team action in a good league, giovinco has a season with empoli where he played more often than rakitic in schalke whereas i rate the german league lower than the italian league ...

the national team argument i can not share ... there is no way you can compare the italian squad with the croation squad ... how many players are at least decent on rakitics position and and how many more than decent players has italy on giovincos position ?

i am sorry, but according to your explanation some kid that plays the first league of luxembourg from the age of 15 and also plays in the national team regularly.

i do not want to call you a fanboy, but rating a first team season in a team like basel . . . i really can't take this serious.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
i think it is pretty hard to compare them both, but honestly don't overrate the swiss league ....
That's what you started,sir.I didn't even mention him.
without being a fanboy of giovinco i would say he woud easily have played in basel or another club from a similar low league ... so speaking of first team action in a good league, giovinco has a season with empoli where he played more often than rakitic in schalke whereas i rate the german league lower than the italian league ....
My point was that he has more games under his belt,no matter at which leauge.
the national team argument i can not share ... there is no way you can compare the italian squad with the croation squad ... how many players are at least decent on rakitics position and and how many more than decent players has italy on giovincos position ?.
Actually,Giovinco hasn't got too much competition on his position at Italy's NT.

If a player is extraordinary talented he straight runs into the senior NT's starting eleven,no matter which country for and how hard the competition is:Messi,C.Ronaldo,Nasri,Benzema...so your nationality point is invalid.Or are Argentina,Portugal or France inferior to Italy?

Despite Croatia aren't much inferior to Italy.
i am sorry, but according to your explanation some kid that plays the first league of luxembourg from the age of 15 and also plays in the national team regularly.

i do not want to call you a fanboy, but rating a first team season in a team like basel . . . i really can't take this serious.
Who the fuck mentioned Luxembourg?The swiss leauge isn't as weak as they used to be.You do realize that loads of talents are coming from there,don't you?

Again,I was talking about experience and the number of games under their belt.I didn't claim one season in the swiss leauge=one season in the Italian leauge.

Rakitic is more proven and you can't deny that fact.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Marceℓℓo;1806132 said:
That's what you started,sir.I didn't even mention him.
i just quoted a schalke fans opinion about a player that seems to be hyped here...

Marceℓℓo;1806132 said:
My point was that he has more games under his belt,no matter at which leauge.
what do you think giovinco did in the last few years ? did he always sit on the bench or play cricket?

he was most of the time a regular first team player ... if the swiss league counts, than the primavera should count too ... so i do not see a difference in appearences

Marceℓℓo;1806132 said:
Actually,Giovinco hasn't got too much competition on his position at Italy's NT.
but you did realise that the national team of italy does not exactly field a player on giovincos position, didn't you ?

Marceℓℓo;1806132 said:
If a player is extraordinary talented he straight runs into the senior NT's starting eleven,no matter which country for and how hard the competition is:Messi,C.Ronaldo,Nasri,Benzema...so your nationality point is invalid.Or are Argentina,Portugal or France inferior to Italy?
portugal yes, france right now possibly too, argentina do not have much on the attacking front when you take messi and aguero away (who both don't play the role of giovinco)

Marceℓℓo;1806132 said:
Despite Croatia aren't much inferior to Italy.
this seems to show that you are a little croatia fan ... sorry but please do not overate winning against the english national team.

i don't know anyone who would even mention the croatia national squad in the same breath with brazil, spain, france or italy...

for me as outsider croatia seems to have a squad that could do well now and then, but when injuries come it really will show that this squad has absolutely now depth and so is pretty inferiour to france, italy and every other big football nation

Marceℓℓo;1806132 said:
Again,I was talking about experience and the number of games under their belt.I didn't claim one season in the swiss leauge=one season in the Italian leauge.

Rakitic is more proven and you can't deny that fact.
this is the first time you mention that rakitic has more experience and THAT is true. i would never deny that.

he is more proven, because he played at smaller clubs but does this make him better ? i dont think so ... he has more experience, but experience is not the same as quality.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
i just quoted a schalke fans opinion about a player that seems to be hyped here...
what do you think giovinco did in the last few years ? did he always sit on the bench or play cricket?

he was most of the time a regular first team player ... if the swiss league counts, than the primavera should count too ... so i do not see a difference in appearences
You say the Swiss leauge is compareable to our Primavera and you don't see the difference?You must be blind then.How can you say that a professional leauge is equal to a youth leauge?When someone is talking about experience he usually means experience in a senior leauge,right?That's what the people I know do at least.
but you did realise that the national team of italy does not exactly field a player on giovincos position, didn't you ?
Depends on what position you see Giovinco.To me,he could play in Italy's current 4-3-3 on the left or even on the right.Hell,If he would be an extraordinary player he would force Lippi to even change the system.
portugal yes, france right now possibly too, argentina do not have much on the attacking front when you take messi and aguero away (who both don't play the role of giovinco)
It's not about roles but about talent.Rakitic and Giovinco don't share the same role in case you didn't know.
this seems to show that you are a little croatia fan ... sorry but please do not overate winning against the english national team.

i don't know anyone who would even mention the croatia national squad in the same breath with brazil, spain, france or italy...for me as outsider croatia seems to have a squad that could do well now and then, but when injuries come it really will show that this squad has absolutely now depth and so is pretty inferiour to france, italy and every other big football nation
You call me a little Croatia fan?Why would I be a Croatia fan?I have no relation to them whatsoever.I was just being objective.
I'm freakin Italian myself so why would I say Croatia isn't much inferior to Italy if I didn't truly mean it.Despite I think I am not the only one who thinks that Croatia isn't much inferior to Italy.
Did I say I rate them because they won against England?No!So would you please stop putting words into my mouth?Thanks.
this is the first time you mention that rakitic has more experience and THAT is true. i would never deny that.
he is more proven, because he played at smaller clubs but does this make him better ? i dont think so ... he has more experience, but experience is not the same as quality.
I never said Rakitic is the better player or has more quality.I just said that I rate Rakitic more right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)