The...I want this player to Juve thread (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I hope we sign some players in January too. But Melberg is not medicore. He is one of the most underrated DCs arround the world and you will see it. He played for many years in Engalnd and now he wants some time to settle in Italy were defending is much different. Mellberg is class and you will see it. His only mistake is that he didn't left Villa earlier. He could have done a great career. He was close to signing in Liverpool and Chelsea in the past, but he didn't. Just give him some time and we will be for sure a great pair with Chiellini...
Mellberg is not in anyway underrated. He's a solid defender at best, he looked better than he actually is in the EPL because his style suited that league.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
At the end it is not important how good Mellberg is!! Whats important is that Juve should not have deffenders like Mellberg in the starting line up!! Now, im not saying that he is not good but what i am saying is that Juve is a world class team and it needs a world class defender next to the world class Chiellini!!! Since we are batelling in the CL and Seria A, Mellberg would be very usefull!! But again we need someone much better that Mellberg to be our Guardian!! Some Canavaro perhaps!!!

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
At the end it is not important how good Mellberg is!! Whats important is that Juve should not have deffenders like Mellberg in the starting line up!! Now, im not saying that he is not good but what i am saying is that Juve is a world class team and it needs a world class defender next to the world class Chiellini!!! Since we are batelling in the CL and Seria A, Mellberg would be very usefull!! But again we need someone much better that Mellberg to be our Guardian!! Some Canavaro perhaps!!!
No.

I don't think many realize we don't have the budget we once had, and we can't afford to splash all our cash on one defender. He was the best available option, and I don't see how having nearly 100 caps for your national team isn't world class?

When we have the budget to buy world class players in every position, we will do so--at least I hope.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
No.

I don't think many realize we don't have the budget we once had, and we can't afford to splash all our cash on one defender. He was the best available option, and I don't see how having nearly 100 caps for your national team isn't world class?

When we have the budget to buy world class players in every position, we will do so--at least I hope.
So you are saying that because we didnt have the budget we couldnt buy a world class player so we had to buy some less then world class player!! Ok i agree that Juve doesnt have the budget it once had but at the end you are proving my point!! Dude im just saying that compared to Thuram and Canavaro(when the played for Juve) he is nothing!! Juve is a great club, a big club and only the best should play in it!!!

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
So you are saying that because we didnt have the budget we couldnt buy a world class player so we had to buy some less then world class player!! Ok i agree that Juve doesnt have the budget it once had but at the end you are proving my point!! Dude im just saying that compared to Thuram and Canavaro(when the played for Juve) he is nothing!! Juve is a great club, a big club and only the best should play in it!!!
You're contradicting yourself.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
give the poor guy some time... he is good... not the best... but good... and it'd be stupid to suggest that you have to assemble the best into Juve... we need good players who look like they are the best when they play as a team... thats how Juve has always been... we have and have had our stars... but most importantly the players compliment each other when they play on the field... Look at Legro when Chiellini is playing... lets give Mellberg a chance... everyone makes mistakes... Even the likes of Maldini, Cannavaro and Nesta makes mistakes... Once he settles down we can judge him... its just too soon right now...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nobodys saying he's bad

Fred, like myself, watches quite a bit of the EPL.

Since Mellberg was playing in the EPL for a number of years, do you not think Fred already knows how good Mellberg is?
Exactly

No.

Muhammad El Dayea' has over 120 caps with Saudi Arabia, is he world class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)