The...I want this player to Juve thread (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
This is what we are missing from our first XI in order to challenge for either a Scudetto or CL

Buffon

?
Chiellini
?
?

?
Sissoko
?
Camoranesi

Trezeguet
Amauri

No quality fullbacks, no CAM, no world class centre back to partner Chiellini., no quality winger. I understand we cannot rectify all of these problems at once, but the managment & Owners have not even addressed a single one of these issues. Instead they purchased another defensive midfielder in Poulsen, signed a poor defender in Knezevic & an average defender in Melberg. There is no long or short term solution at the club, Elkann has to sell up.
who said that you need a team full of STARS to win the CL?

Buy on AliExpress.com

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
This is what we are missing from our first XI in order to challenge for either a Scudetto or CL

Buffon

?
Chiellini
?
?

?
Sissoko
?
Camoranesi

Trezeguet
Amauri

No quality fullbacks, no CAM, no world class centre back to partner Chiellini., no quality winger. I understand we cannot rectify all of these problems at once, but the managment & Owners have not even addressed a single one of these issues. Instead they purchased another defensive midfielder in Poulsen, signed a poor defender in Knezevic & an average defender in Melberg. There is no long or short term solution at the club, Elkann has to sell up.
I don't agree. We all were probably hoping for a deep-lying playmaker, but our different expectations can't deny the fact Poulsen is a defensive midfielder of a very high quality. Left wing is also sufficiently covered for a scudetto and CL challenging team with Nedved and Giovinco.
But on defence I would partially agree, as Mellberg, a former Villa's captain and Sweden NT captain, is a good addition, especially for free. But indeed we lack another central defender, a younger one to forge a solid partnership with Chiellini for many years and two reliable fullbacks.

Corluka has a £8million release clause. Something am sure we could easily match, besides we sold them Bojinov.
We didn't sell them Bojinov, Fiorentina did as he was their player, not ours. Not buying him was a good decision BTW, he's the 2nd Andrade with his consecutive long-lasting injuries.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Buffon

?
Chiellini
?
?

?
Sissoko
?
Camoranesi

Trezeguet
Amauri

Amauri is not that awesome...
I think many overate him too much

I agree about the defence
the midfield I think Sissoko and Camoranesi are very good but Poulsen isn`t that bad eigther and Nedved might be 80 years old but he is still a good player
ofcourse we also have Giovinco who you seem to forgot and Marchisio who is quite promising no mentioning of C.Zanetti the most underated player in the world of football

as for the attack I think you forgot DP afterall he is a great player

so in my eyes we need to really buy some defenders and we could also use one midfielder but it is not a must

about Colurka yap I agree would be nice to sign him

Aug 22, 2008
I don't agree. We all were probably hoping for a deep-lying playmaker, but our different expectations can't deny the fact Poulsen is a defensive midfielder of a very high quality. Left wing is also sufficiently covered for a scudetto and CL challenging team with Nedved and Giovinco.
But on defence I would partially agree, as Mellberg, a former Villa's captain and Sweden NT captain, is a good addition, especially for free. But indeed we lack another central defender, a younger one to forge a solid partnership with Chiellini for many years and two reliable fullbacks.

We didn't sell them Bojinov, Fiorentina did as he was their player, not ours. Not buying him was a good decision BTW, he's the 2nd Andrade with his consecutive long-lasting injuries.
Poulsen is a solid defensive midfielder, but he is an out and DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER, not exactly what we needed. Starting with two defensive midfielders in the same line up is pointless. Melberg is a squad player not starting XI quality for a supposed scudetto & CL challenging side. He would not get in to the inter back four. My mistake on the Bojinov thing:tup:

Aug 22, 2008
Amauri is not that awesome...
I think many overate him too much

I agree about the defence
the midfield I think Sissoko and Camoranesi are very good but Poulsen isn`t that bad eigther and Nedved might be 80 years old but he is still a good player
ofcourse we also have Giovinco who you seem to forgot and Marchisio who is quite promising no mentioning of C.Zanetti the most underated player in the world of football

as for the attack I think you forgot DP afterall he is a great player

so in my eyes we need to really buy some defenders and we could also use one midfielder but it is not a must

about Colurka yap I agree would be nice to sign him
Agree. But the fact is our current squad is not good enough to challenge for either the scudetto or CL.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Starting with two defensive midfielders in the same line up is pointless.
You should write a petition to Serie A coaches presenting your arguments, because their decisions are clearly pointlees, when they field Sissoko with Zanetti or Cambiasso with Zanetti or Ambrosini with Gattuso or Pizarro with De Rossi at the same time and even buy anothers like Poulsen, Muntari or Flamini.
Grande le zebre apparently knows better;)

Aug 22, 2008
You should write a petition to Serie A coaches presenting your arguments, because their decisions are clearly pointlees, when they field Sissoko with Zanetti or Cambiasso with Zanetti or Ambrosini with Gattuso or Pizarro with De Rossi at the same time and even buy anothers like Poulsen, Muntari or Flamini.
Grande le zebre apparently knows better;)
De rossi is a box to box midfielder, not an & out defensive midfielder as you say, whilst Pizzaro is a deep lying playmker. In milan's case they play a totally different formation to ours. which has a deep lying playmaker in Pirlo, and out and out playmaker in Kaka, and of course as every team needs one out & out defensive midifielder in Gattuso or Flamini. Javier Zanetti is a fullback or wing back not a defensive midfielder. Inter play 4-3-3, Cambiasso is a defensive midfielder, but a techicnally great one, unlike Sissoko who is not such a great distributor of the ball as is Poulsen. That is why we need to sign a quality playmaker, as this would cover for Sissoko's lack of techincal ablity on the ball. This is why i have a big problem with Secco, passing & supporting the strikers is not Sissoko's nor Poulsen's job, thier's is to win balls & protect the backline. But if we do start with two out & out defensive midfielders as it seems likely, it will become thier job, and people like you & me will moan when Poulsen & Sissoko displace passes, when they rarely support the strikers & because of thier lack of tactical awarness.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Well, Sissoko's positioning isn't that simple, he plays also as a box-to-box (in fact with a mediocre passing ability) midfielder winnig balls all around the pitch. Zanetti and Poulsen are more of holding midfielders in front of the defence and they both can actually pass (Zanetti proved that everyone last season). But this year we will have also an "out & out" playmaker in Giovinco (I doubt Ranieri will give him many defensive responsibilities because of his posture so unlike Nedved's responsibilities his contribution will be probably only in attacking and creating chances) and of course a playmaking wide midfielder in Camoranesi. That is why I can see a balance and logic in our formation, though I was hoping for buying Alonso instead of Poulsen.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Can't defend. And if he was good why would Roma put him for sale? Corluka is the best option:tup:
agreed,corluka is a much better option but i don't see why cicinho could not play further up the park. his defending is awful but amatino mancini started off as a full-back and found his true position further up the park,so could be a similar story.

that said though i think cicinho aint what we are looking for thank god

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Can't defend. And if he was good why would Roma put him for sale? Corluka is the best option:tup:
He can defend decently, for sure better then Molinaro, and Grygera the trainwreck we have seen what he can do defensively.

Roma didnt put him for sale, Cicinho ASKED to be sold, he is angry Spalletti keeps ignoring for crap players like Cassetti. Wouldnt you be? He used benching in last season with the excuse of adaption, but he keeps benching him in these meaningless games in this season too. Not too happy about it. And rest assured, Spalletti is totally idiotic to bench a quality player like this.

Aug 22, 2008
Well, Sissoko's positioning isn't that simple, he plays also as a box-to-box (in fact with a mediocre passing ability) midfielder winnig balls all around the pitch. Zanetti and Poulsen are more of holding midfielders in front of the defence and they both can actually pass (Zanetti proved that everyone last season). But this year we will have also an "out & out" playmaker in Giovinco (I doubt Ranieri will give him many defensive responsibilities because of his posture so unlike Nedved's responsibilities his contribution will be probably only in attacking and creating chances) and of course a playmaking wide midfielder in Camoranesi. That is why I can see a balance and logic in our formation, though I was hoping for buying Alonso instead of Poulsen.
:agree: Sissoko is a good player, and good at what he does, but supporting the strikers is not his job. Zanetti is a great passer, but he is 32. We have to sign a playmaker though.

nicogood

Jul 10, 2008
i think some people on this forum are really stupid, all they want are diego, Vdv and cassano, they have no idea of the directions ranieri is taking juve in. time after time hes mentioned that he wants 2 defensive midfielders, and hes done that with poulsen.

however, i'm not too happy with ranieri either. poulsen is fine but hes hardly a world beater, miguel veloso wouldv been nice....
BUT most of all i disagree with our shocking defence. i heard knezevic was signed for £200,000- and thats exactly what hes worth!
and mellberg, a good defender and cheap. but he wont be able to handle ibrahimavic and other great players. to be honest i think legro is better than both, so whats the point in signing them?
you can't win the league without a good defence- and we haven't got one

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
i think some people on this forum are really stupid, all they want are diego, Vdv and cassano, they have no idea of the directions ranieri is taking juve in. time after time hes mentioned that he wants 2 defensive midfielders, and hes done that with poulsen.
however, i'm not too happy with ranieri either. poulsen is fine but hes hardly a world beater, miguel veloso wouldv been nice....
BUT most of all i disagree with our shocking defence. i heard knezevic was signed for £200,000- and thats exactly what hes worth!
and mellberg, a good defender and cheap. but he wont be able to handle ibrahimavic and other great players. to be honest i think legro is better than both, so whats the point in signing them?
you can't win the league without a good defence- and we haven't got one
We need more people like you on these forum, word to that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)