The how fantastic is the archive comment thread (1 Viewer)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #42
    ok but you remember why did u picked marty over the other guy right ?...please tell :D...i want to know because, i often thought about marty, he's the one with the pc running non-stop, he ain't posting anymore so us new posters don't know the dude at all.
    Yes, there is a very good reason why I picked Marty instead of Pete who was an active forum member at the time. Even though noone knew who Marty was.

He had experience running websites, Pete was just learning about it. Marty at the time (and I think still does) ran several other large websites, he obviously knew what he was doing, and he had the resources to provide sufficient hosting for Juventuz. Juventuz is a big site, it's not trivial to run it. And as you can see, 4 years later we're still here. Marty has done a wonderful job.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Yes, there is a very good reason why I picked Marty instead of Pete who was an active forum member at the time. Even though noone knew who Marty was.

He had experience running websites, Pete was just learning about it. Marty at the time (and I think still does) ran several other large websites, he obviously knew what he was doing, and he had the resources to provide sufficient hosting for Juventuz. Juventuz is a big site, it's not trivial to run it. And as you can see, 4 years later we're still here. Marty has done a wonderful job.
    Wise choice, btw. Especially during those game-time site performance meltdowns. :skull:

(No, I'm not trying to be cynical!)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #45
    one offere $100 the other $1000 :claire:
    That's true as well. Someone who's willing to put down $1000 for a site sends a signal that he's serious about it.

If Juventus was on sale, they wouldn't sell the club to a guy with no money, would they?

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    thanks for the info martin :beer:. Well bes del piero has cash for juventus :p...he would sell poulsen and tiago and Juventus won't starve for 3 months

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    What was up with that whole "we have to pay now" thing? Was that supposed to be funny? Damn, that was some lame shit :lol:

That aside, this forum is a blessing :delpiero:

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    Eℓvin;2218709 said:
    What was up with that whole "we have to pay now" thing? Was that supposed to be funny? Damn, that was some lame shit :lol:

That aside, this forum is a blessing :delpiero:
    that was the most idiotic prank ever..i was so mad and sad that the forum would f*ck up and half of the members will leave...i really felt for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)