The Holocaust (5 Viewers)

Did the Holocaust happen/exist?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What's funny is that muslims say they chose to be muslim, yet it is a fixed concept. They can't imagine choosing any other religion ever. Which leads me to believe that Islam is not a choice.
Religion is not a choice if you get it drummed into you before you're old enough to know what hit you.

In fact I don't think it's a choice at all. You can survey all the world religions and choose the one that has the best rules to live by, but you don't choose what you want to believe in.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Would you give it up? Cause you just said you wouldn't marry a religious girl..
Wait, let's just be clear on something. What's your definition of religious? Am i religious for example? is Ze religious?

No, clerics are religious. I am not. For me religious, isn't just being a muslim or a jew or a christian.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Religion is not a choice if you get it drummed into you before you're old enough to know what hit you.

In fact I don't think it's a choice at all. You can survey all the world religions and choose the one that has the best rules to live by, but you don't choose what you want to believe in.
Yes, but that's what we know Martin. That's not what they say. It's one contradiction after another. It's a choice, yet it can never change. The whole thing is so filled with contradiction that no sane person with an IQ above 80 would believe in this.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
The Expatriate

Achtung! You are 31% brainwashworthy, 27% antitolerant, and 33% blindly patriotic

Congratulations! You are not susceptible to brainwashing, your values and cares extend beyond the borders of your own country, and your Blind Patriotism does not reach unhealthy levels. If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.

One bad scenario -- as I hypothetically project you back in time -- is that you just wouldn't have cared one way or the other about Nazism. Maybe politics don't interest you enough. But the fact that you took this test means they probably do. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

Did you know that many of the smartest Germans departed prior to the beginning of World War II, because they knew some evil shit was brewing? Brain Drain. Many of them were scientists. It is very possible you could have been one of them.

Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would not have been a Nazi.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Wait, let's just be clear on something. What's your definition of religious? Am i religious for example? is Ze religious?

No, clerics are religious. I am not. For me religious, isn't just being a muslim or a jew or a christian.
Oh right, so now you don't even know what religious means. Dear God.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

I agree, but we need some word for it. "Religious" seems logical. If you say Jew well lost of Jews (maybe most) are long past believing in god, they are Jews in a cultural sense. I'm sure there are lots of "Muslims" who don't believe in god either, but by classification they are Muslims as relating to their heritage.

Btw how do we know if you or Ze are religious?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
One girl from my town was convincing me few weeks ago that she was still going to be christian (become a christian later in her life) even if she was born to a muslim family in Saudi Arabia. :lol:

Apparently, the bible would leave her with no other choice but to be a christian.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
One girl from my town was convincing me few weeks ago that she was still going to be christian (become a christian later in her life) even if she was born to a muslim family in Saudi Arabia. :lol:

Apparently, the bible would leave her with no other choice but to be a christian.
That's an interesting perspective, I've never personally met someone that deluded.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

So if you have this knowledge (and we all do, the ones who say they don't lie), how could you be a believer? How could you justify yourself?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I agree, but we need some word for it. "Religious" seems logical. If you say Jew well lost of Jews (maybe most) are long past believing in god, they are Jews in a cultural sense. I'm sure there are lots of "Muslims" who don't believe in god either, but by classification they are Muslims as relating to their heritage.

Btw how do we know if you or Ze are religious?
You can't know.

And Martin theres no such thing as a muslim that doesn't believe in god. If he doesn't believe in god then he isn't a muslim, its that simple.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
do you also take other decisions in your life without any good reason? martin can you comment on this one? if i do i'll get labeled as a hater
By "i don't have a good enough answer" it means, that it won't be good enough for you. For me its more than good enough and in the end thats what matters.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You can't know.

And Martin theres no such thing as a muslim that doesn't believe in god. If he doesn't believe in god then he isn't a muslim, its that simple.
Q. Who is a Muslim?
A. Someone who says he is.

See how that works? I don't know what people actually believe or not. The best I can do is take a statement, like the cops do. Of course you can say he's not technically a Muslim, but you can't prove it. And someone who's in a sensitive situation will say it to get out of a jam, yes?

Jan 7, 2004
Q. Who is a Muslim?
A. Someone who says he is.

See how that works? I don't know what people actually believe or not. The best I can do is take a statement, like the cops do. Of course you can say he's not technically a Muslim, but you can't prove it. And someone who's in a sensitive situation will say it to get out of a jam, yes?
if that is good enough for the supreme court of canada, that is good enough for me,

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Fred is putting himself in a strange situation. On the one hand he's not "religious" like some cleric. On the other hand he's committed to his faith.

So if I may ask "how" religious are you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)