Did the Holocaust happen/exist?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You're asking about something that already happened :D I'm not marrying her...I don't even have contact with her anymore.
My question was not about that particular girl, in general if you were to marry a non-muslim, would you ask her to become one and if she's not a believer at all, would you ask her to become a believer?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Loco tutti fruiti Josefa.:D
You know better than anyone here :D

My question was not about that particular girl, in general if you were to marry a non-muslim, would you ask her to become one and if she's not a believer at all, would you ask her to become a believer?
I wish for anyone to become a believer but I wouldn't force or expect it.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Der Kommandant

Achtung! You are 23% brainwashworthy, 55% antitolerant, and 57% blindly patriotic
Opportunistic, patriotic to a fault, and not so fond of people who aren't just like you, you are like a Nazi General. Back in Germany in the 1940's, you would have been at the top of the asshole list. Not for Nazism, necessarily, but for your own sick, twisted values. Then, out of superior intelligence (relative to other Nazis, that is), you would've climbed to the top.

Conclusion: you would have been a Nazi, and most likely would have served them well.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
because i know for a fact that 1) you dont care about a lot of the customs in your culture and 2) you can not know how much you have in common with someone until you know them
If you mean pre filtering is idiotic, just saying "those people are not worth my time, I'm not gonna bother with them" I agree. I'm not sure if people really go that far though.

However, to have a slight nationality bias is pretty common and understandable I think. It's the easy way out in some ways. After all, the overarching goal is understanding and you get a head start.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
that theory doesn't hold ground in canada though. people may look different and still have the same basic customs, if they have lived here for a period of time
I get this with Polish people sometimes. Not all, but with people I hit it off with there is this unusual directness in how we can communicate. There is much less cultural minutiae that has to be overcome. And even though I've spent most of my life in Norway I still find it much more direct with the polish.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Much respect. I hate it when people say that we attack Seven and Bes because we don't like our belief system questioned. Yet Martin almost never gets insulted in these discussions and he holds them more than Seven and Bes, Alen to a lesser extent has joined these arguments too, and i don't remember anyone insulting him either. A lot of religous people turn discussions into insults when their belief system is questioned, i'll admit that. But that's mostly the ignorant, close minded ones.

In a nutshell, Seven is just as intolerant, biased, close minded and arrogant as the religious people he so much loathes
For argument's sake I'll settle for that. Kind of fucks you over doesn't it?

It's really funny. Contradiction is something you religious freaks love apparently.

This isn't surprising at all.
The women usually convert into islam due to love, marriage. They fall in love with a muslim guy and in order to get married many of them turn muslim.
Men who convert to Islam do it for another reason. They do it only because they really accept Islam as their religion. Because they were convinced it's the right religion.
I can't prove it, of course, but i'm 100% sure that huge majority of those women who convert to Islam don't feel muslim at all.

If the muslim women knew that they'd had absolutely no problem if they marry a non-muslim guy and change religion, they'd have done it too.
No matter what Fred and Ze might claim, I've seen this happen too. I'm not implying that it's not their free choice or anything, it just happens. I have never seen a man turn muslim because of a woman. I also think women are more susceptible to religious delusions. Why that is I'm not sure, but there tend to be more believers among women.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah, i judged you too and i was wrong :D

It's not really a choice man. You don't choose where is she from or how does she looks or is she religious or not.
It just happens. :)

If you make it a choice then you will miss a lot.
I'm not saying i am going to make a choice. But i'm a nationalistic person, its inevitable that "the one" is going to be Libyan.

I am assuming by religious you mean, she's a believer, i.e not an atheist? Because if by religious, you mean like religious, then no fuck that. I ain't marrying a religious girl, impossible.

So why wouldn't you marry non-Libyan?
Good question. Unfortunately i don't have a good enough answer.

i have heard "cultural differences" as the most used excuse
That's a big part of it yes.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What's funny is that muslims say they chose to be muslim, yet it is a fixed concept. They can't imagine choosing any other religion ever. Which leads me to believe that Islam is not a choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)