The Holocaust (33 Viewers)

Did the Holocaust happen/exist?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
fred, you got to get out of the bubble. here where people have a choice between being religious or not, the nonreligious are more tolerant
I'm agree with that, Bes. Forza atheism

Btw, I tookt he test:

The Expatriate

Achtung! You are 15% brainwashworthy, 14% antitolerant, and 19% blindly patriotic

Congratulations! You are not susceptible to brainwashing, your values and cares extend beyond the borders of your own country, and your Blind Patriotism does not reach unhealthy levels. If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.

One bad scenario -- as I hypothetically project you back in time -- is that you just wouldn't have cared one way or the other about Nazism. Maybe politics don't interest you enough. But the fact that you took this test means they probably do. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

Did you know that many of the smartest Germans departed prior to the beginning of World War II, because they knew some evil shit was brewing? Brain Drain. Many of them were scientists. It is very possible you could have been one of them.

Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would not have been a Nazi.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
fred, you got to get out of the bubble. here where people have a choice between being religious or not, the nonreligious are more tolerant
Yes you guys also don't generalize, you don't judge other people and most of all, your so tolerant that you label all people of religion morons.

Get of your moral high horse already.

Antitolerance is usually coupled to mass religion or mass movements. If you don't believe in standards that are set in stone (like Ze does), it is difficult to be antitolerant. You might come of as such, because you'll say they are morons (which they are), but when it comes down to it, when it's really important, you will never condemn them simply for what they are. Because you know it's not that easy (unlike Ze who thinks it is).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of course you are forgetting so so so many other factors in your mathematical conclusion. The war itself, the killing outside the camps, death by starvation being only a few of them. Preposterous assumption you're making right here, worthy of only the very dumbest morons alive.

Well done.
He's got a point, Andries.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Yes you guys also don't generalize, you don't judge other people and most of all, your so tolerant that you label all people of religion morons.

Exactly :lol2:

The only people that turn to ridicule on these forums are you and Seven. You two are the only ones that manage to turn a thread about bananas into one about religion by ridiculing a posters religion.

Jan 7, 2004
at fred:

fred, the more divides there are the more justification there is for nontolerance, that is the only link i made

The only people that turn to ridicule on these forums are you and Seven. You two are the only ones that manage to turn a thread about bananas into one about religion by ridiculing a posters religion.
you can all laugh all you want but i know all i have done was call religious people ignorant when wondering about the treatment of minorities, call certain religious people idiots when they brought up arguments that have been refuted a million times, called mohamed and other historical religious leaders opportunistic and only applicable to their time, and only ridiculed fred or you ze when i knew you'd understand the joke and share a laugh.

i have even told 7 to take it down a notch

Much respect to Martin,as he has never resorted to name calling EVER when it comes to religious debates.
martin is a saint, we all know that. but he has no life and too much free time to bring forth elaborate arguments :shifty: :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

That's not generalising. It's a question of premisses.

a. I think believing in religion is stupid. Makes no sense at all.
b. You believe in religion.
c. I think you're an idiot.

This isn't generalising.

He's got a point, Andries.
No, he doesn't have a point, Andy. His reasoning is very dangerous actually. That he can "prove" that it was impossible for the Germans to have killed six million Jews in the camps is completely besides the question. If you don't even have the courtesy to check where the number comes from (and apparently you didn't think it was necessary to know this either), you cannot prove that the figure isn't correct.

Let me make it easier for you:

some people say six million Jews have been killed in the Holocaust. You don't say anything if you say that it was impossible to kill six million in the camps. That wasn't what was claimed in the first place. What it does do however, this little mathematical monster of immorality, is insinuate that the number is utterly absurd. And it does so without the remotest hunch of proof.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Who cares about these silly matters? When an important question is at hand, it's always the religious people who are intolerant. And I mean ALWAYS.

You know, if you could, you'd force me into respecting Islam. You might want to think about that for a second.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Surprisingly in the aftermath of of 9/11 there was a surge of converts to Islam amidst great anti-Islamic sentiments in the country and the world alike. Another point worth notating is that not only is Islam the fastest spreading religion in the world as well in the US but the number of female converts are far more than the males.

So please continue with your Islamophobia, it will only lead more people to Islam.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's funny that you of all people should think of numbers as a good argument to support your cause. Because all know the role of democracy in the islamic world. You can have your retarded religion, I don't care. It'll die sooner or later.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
So please continue with your Islamophobia, it will only lead more people to Islam.
I doubt that, but at least you've refuted Seven's point that you would never try to make him not criticize Islam :D

Guys, we have carte blanche :party:

You know Ze I wish we'd be on the same side of an argument more often, it's fun to share a laugh :wink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)