The Holocaust (14 Viewers)

Did the Holocaust happen/exist?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
The European Union makes use of some tragedies. it makes them look bigger than in the reality when it suits them. And they totally ignore many more clear tragedies because simply it doesn't suit their political or economic agenda.

If Rwanda were an oil country, you would have seen sanctions being imposed on all its surrounding countries, but when they don't have stealable natural resources, they can die quietly, according to the ethical viewpoint of the European Union.

OP
CheSchifo!

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #163
    The European Union makes use of some tragedies. it makes them look bigger than in the reality when it suits them. And they totally ignore many more clear tragedies because simply it doesn't suit their political or economic agenda.

If Rwanda were an oil country, you would have seen sanctions being imposed on all its surrounding countries, but when they don't have stealable natural resources, they can die quietly, according to the ethical viewpoint of the European Union.
    EU is not UN.

Figure out the rest yourself and try to understand the basics of international law and politics before you come up with statements that make you look clueless.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006

That's a fair point if you can read policy makers minds.Don't blame to the E.U. for somethong that the O.A.U. should have sorted out itself. Besides, we didn't even have an armed force in 1994.

The E.U. is a primarily economic body, founded first as a steel and coal union and then the EEC, we aren't a uniform political body with undisputed policy and we aren't selfish, i think the hundereds of dead peace keepers sent by neutral countries would testify to this.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Fine, but show me someone, ANYONE, who's holding themselves to a higher ethical standard than that. So European states don't intervene in Darfur or currently the Congo.

But show me your Arab or Palestinian peace keeping forces in those regions. Go on, I dare you. Prove to us once and for all what a bunch of cold bastards European governments are by giving us an example of how it should be done.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Fine, but show me someone, ANYONE, who's holding themselves to a higher ethical standard than that. So European states don't intervene in Darfur or currently the Congo.

But show me your Arab or Palestinian peace keeping forces in those regions. Go on, I dare you. Prove to us once and for all what a bunch of cold bastards European governments are by giving us an example of how it should be done.
    Arabs never bragged of being ethical and caring about human rights more than the others.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Arabs never bragged of being ethical and caring about human rights more than the others.
    So this is our crime, then? Caring about human rights? We should either forget such a thing ever existed or solve every armed conflict in the world? This is your point?

In other words, Arab states are totally cool because they don't care about human rights. European states are bastards because they say they care, but they only occasionally do something to prevent human rights abuse outside their borders. Well, pardon me very much for having higher standards and getting your hopes up. But we never promised your paradise.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    So this is our crime, then? Caring about human rights? We should either forget such a thing ever existed or solve every armed conflict in the world? This is your point?

In other words, Arab states are totally cool because they don't care about human rights. European states are bastards because they say they care, but they only occasionally do something to prevent human rights abuse outside their borders. Well, pardon me very much for having higher standards and getting your hopes up. But we never promised your paradise.
    Why do you think I should defend the Arab regimes ever?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Why do you think I should defend the Arab regimes ever?
    If that's your stance then you should listen to what Seven is trying to tell you. People who are in a position to help without getting anything in return sometimes do it. Governments don't.

And if you pay attention to what happens during elections, you'll understand why. At best, people can be persuaded to care about their own citizens. But noone ever votes to make their country's foreign policy more generous. And if they do it's such a tiny minority that it doesn't matter.

OP
    CheSchifo!

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #170
    Remind me, which body of the EU was it again that came up with the Universal Declaration? Learn a thing or two about international organisations and then come back.

Martin,

I agree with everything you've said in this thread.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    As there is no substantial proof to back any of that theory up, I would be far more hesitant to think of it as a possibility. It's not about sacrificing some men, it's about sacrificing millions. Which would be odd as the main goal of an Israeli state would have been protection.

It is odd, but at the end Protection was also one of their goals.... 7 you got any evidence on what types of jews were put in these camps? social class, educated/non educated, full blooded jew/half?

But really why would they have laws forbidding discussion about a historic event?

its just fishy, thats all i'm saying.
    Truth costs alot to be hidden... and usually laws and secret services are their to monitor or make sure its not brought up again...

That's not quite true. People convicted for denying the Holocaust were typically convicted for twisting evidence. They either fabricated evidence themselves or willingly ignored clear evidence with the scope of being able to deny the Holocaust. So it's not really the discussion that is forbidden, it's more a guideline that states that one should only debate about historical events with proper evidence.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I never knew that honestly.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    You got any evidence on what types of jews were put in these camps? social class, educated/non educated, full blooded jew/half?
    Everyone who had at least 3 Jewish grandparents. Poor Jews, rich Jews, uneducated Jews, university professors. Literally everyone who had more than 2 Jewish grandparents.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005
    C'mon let's get real, no one is willing to protect anyone unless they wont get something in return. The war that happened to Yugoslavia is just a drop in the sea of examples.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    Everyone who had at least 3 Jewish grandparents. Poor Jews, rich Jews, uneducated Jews, university professors. Literally everyone who had more than 2 Jewish grandparents.
    Oh okay thanks... It would be quite interesting to get a full break down

OP
    CheSchifo!

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #178
    What I find really ironic is that muslims are trying to tell me that it's wrong for European countries to say that denying the Holocaust is illegal, because in the end there's such a thing as freedom of speach. I mean, these people would want my head if I were to say that the Prophet was gay and liked to be fucked in the ass by the Pope.

It's the same bloody thing.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    Is there any other laws that are similar to this holocaust law?

And religion aside freedom of speech is for all.. its just people these days seem to forget about Respect and just out right bash one another through the easiest channel... Religious beliefs..

OP
    CheSchifo!

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #180
    Is there any other laws that are similar to this holocaust law?
    And religion aside freedom of speech is for all.. its just people these days seem to forget about Respect and just out right bash one another through the easiest channel... Religious beliefs..
    Slander. Same principle: if you can prove that it's true..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)