The guitar thread (1 Viewer)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Several members here play guitar, if I'm not mistaking, so I thought it would be nice with a guitar thread.

These are the people I remember playing guitar here:
Glenn- Plays in a band.
Esteban- Got a new guitar recently, was it an Ovation?
Hydde- Plays metal with his neighbour/instructor.
Josh- Didn't you mention that you played a bit? Liked your Arpeggios...
Paul- Had a Schekter like Eddie Vedder.
Dj- Been gone, but was trying to learn.
Baggio- Was also learning.
Erik- Used to play some time ago, am I right?
Adrian(CUG)- Saw that you play guitar on XT, likes to play Radiohead I believe.
Ian- Plays the Banjo, that counts. :D

So what are you guys working on? What gear do you have? Am I forgetting someone?

And just a warning, if I get no replies I'll just keep it going with my own guitar nonsense, so watch it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
No I dont and please, don't explain.

++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Erik- Used to play some time ago, am I right?
Very true. I tried picking it up again just a couple of months ago but failed horribly :sad:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Oh come on Erik, the laws of learning any skill dictate that you if you only picked it up a couple of months ago, you should still be trying. Just man it out and i'm sure it'll be worth it

OP
Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    First of, the guitar thread joke was very lame. :angel:
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Very true. I tried picking it up again just a couple of months ago but failed horribly :sad:
    Makes me sad to hear that Erik, I say give it another go. Did you play accoustic or electric, and how long did you play for?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Accoustic, nearly three years but it feels like it was a lifetime ago. I think I was 7 when I started. Ten years ago I quit then :nervous:

I might try it again this summer, when I have a decent amount of time to spare and I can practice outside and stuff, enjoy myself.

So how 'bout you?

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    So how 'bout you?
    Been playing my electric for... I guess I'm close to a year now, 10 months maybe. I'm enjoying it more and more as I get better, I'm so glad I took it up.

Wish I had more time for it though, I rarely have the time I want to use on my guitar every day. Probably my own fault though, will try to be better at that.

Also considering buying a new guitar not to long from now, sometime at the end of 2004, if not this summer (as I will travel abroad and might find some good deals).

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    I heard you can get cheap guitars in Southern Spain, if you happen to go there, be sure to take your wallet.
    I'm going a bit further than that, to China. That's why I have high hopes of some cheap good guitars, but I'm worried about taking them back home on the plane.

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    You better pack it VERY well indeed. China eh? Cool, have fun!
    Yeah, don't know about prices though, due to the travel risk I will only buy there if I can save a lot of money. And thanks, I'm sure I will. :)

Sep 28, 2002
    i am pretty sure you'll find cheap guitars in china, though i wouldnt bet on quality :D

i had an acoustic guitar once but never leart to play. sadly. but i still hope that one day i'll buy a bass and become a rock star :D

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
    i am pretty sure you'll find cheap guitars in china, though i wouldnt bet on quality :D
    Well, yes of course. I'm talking about a high-end Gibson Les Paul or something like that.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
    Oh Oh i can play a little bit.

I can just play like the (forgot the guitar word - the catchy bit of the songs ;) ) of a few songs. One of my friends taught me those. But i dont know any notes or anything so i couldnt really learn anything further if i wanted to, which i have to say right now isnt a priority :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)