The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Sarah did you copy that from somewhere :p
In fact, a friend of mine did the calculations, and I just posted them :D I've checked and looked OK. Pls comment if there is a mistake though.

Oded, if Portugal draws Spain, and Greece loses to Russia by big margin (which is highly unlikely) GD would be in Portugal's favour. edited: my mistake, Greece would've gone through anyway...too much counting makes me go spineyes....:LOL:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++

Oded, if Portugal draws Spain, and Greece loses to Russia by big margin (which is highly unlikely) GD would be in Portugal's favour.
not sure. this is the group:

Greece 4
Spain 4
Portugal 3
Russia 0

if Greece lose (doesn't matter how much) and Portugal draw, it will be like this:

Spain 5
Greece 4
Portugal 4
Russia 3

in case of two teams equal with points, the game between the two decide. and of course Greece won Portugal...

there should be a new thread about it

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
watching the Czech-Holland game I can't believe how on one hand he moves brilliantly up the field and contributes massively to his team and on the other how he dives at every opportunity he gets. The Holland player received a second yellow and as a result a RED CARD for a supposed tackle on Nedved when the replay CLEARLY demonstrated he did not even TOUCH Nedved. This is not new for Nedved as he has this habit of diving every time he senses a player around him. DISGUSTING. His brilliance is over-shadowed by this unsportsmanlike display and CHEAP strategy. SHAMEFUL.
wow.

All i can say to that is:http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...s?q=tomasson&start=40&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Did you guys see my Pitbull yesterday?! Unbelievable! :star:
Yep, he was good. I was pleased to see he didn't lose balls all the time like I've gotten used to expect from him, he was sharp and right on the money. :cool:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by W.Sneijder -18- ] ++
Pavel Shitved is a worse diver than Ruud van Horseface, but looks like the referee Gonzalez is a relative of Stevie Wonder, he whistled for everything, but pretty much ruïned the game for Holland....i hate ****ing Nedved
fuck off. Nedved is twice the player as anyone on the holland side tonite. Accept your loss with a bit of dignity, i was so fvcking embaressed when italy lost to korea, but i didnt say a thing. We should have made clearer cut chances. Accept the loss with dignity, the czechs were alot better. nedved did not dive, there was contact.

Sep 14, 2003
Holland still have the chance to advance, after contributing to such a beautiful game last night, it would be a huge shame if they didn't progress to the next round.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
nedved dived,afraid there's no two ways about it.

he's been doing it for juve and for the czech republic for the longest time already,we all know that.no use trying to deny it.our neddy's as much a diver as anyone on the team.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
fuck off. Nedved is twice the player as anyone on the holland side tonite. Accept your loss with a bit of dignity, i was so fvcking embaressed when italy lost to korea, but i didnt say a thing. We should have made clearer cut chances. Accept the loss with dignity, the czechs were alot better. nedved did not dive, there was contact.
Nice to see you sticking up for pavel, and i agree with your viewpoint on this, but no need for the expletive at the start eh? :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Nedved dived to get Heitinga sent off, no doubt about it.
I think that's a bit harsh, I don't the he dived so Heitinga would get the yellow, he was running fast and a tackle could have been dangerous so he fell easily. IMO that wasn't a bad dive at all.

Apart from that the match was fantastic. It's a shame if Holland doesn't go through as they deserve it, the Czechs need to do them a favour now.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I agree with you Torks. I'd say he "made a meal out of it" but it was hardly a particularly bad dive by any stretch, plus he'd been cruelly fouled twice already and I wouldn't blame him if he was getting a tad pissed off with the dutch defending and decided to dive!

As for the match, that was probably the best match I have ever seen, eclipsing even the 4-3 Spain win over Yougoslavia at Euro 2000 and maybe even the second half of Inter Roma the season before last, ending 3-3. Truly awesome to behold :cool:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Nice to see you sticking up for pavel, and i agree with your viewpoint on this, but no need for the expletive at the start eh? :)
read the post above that. Calling him pavel shitved, is just not on. Its insulsting to juventus as a whole, but also he insulted RVN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)