The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

yeh it was Silvestre (aka alien :D)
Oh well that changes everything :D

Seriously though, Thuram was in possession when he messed up and Rooney got the ball. It was down to Thuram's oversight that the whole episode took place. Silvestre came into it very late and could do nothing else.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Watching the replay of the penalty incident, you will see Henry suddenly comes up from nowhere just 1 sec after Silvestre's slide tackle. How fast is Henry !!! Henry still upfront when Rooney got the ball from Thuram on the half line ! How on Earth did he nearly catch Rooney, I thought that was mad.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
well, 5 games played, and only last 5 minutes of england-france were a bit more interesting.
5 games is still waaaay too early to judge.

And plus, france england was a thriller, greece portugal was cool, switzerland crotia and spain russia given, were dull, and italy denmark was ok. :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I think things will start to get interesting from tomorrow on...

Im really looking forward to seeing the czech play, and Holland - Germany

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
My tip people:

What the bookies dont relise is how tightly contested these teams are. They are both on a run of bad form. Yet holland has much better odds. Go for germany as a tip, underdogs who will have great odds against their realistic chance of winning.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Your love for the defensive game.

Was I right? ;)
No your not right!, Italy plays smart and defensive with style when they find it usefull and necesarry for the result. Norway plays anti-football and destructive, actually they dont play football at all, because they dont know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)