The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Maybe they can but they didn't, seeing as they only had one shot on goal.

But honestly, how can you even say one bad word about France when we all saw what Italy did last night? That one really takes the cake.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Maybe they can but they didn't, seeing as they only had one shot on goal.

But honestly, how can you even say one bad word about France when we all saw what Italy did last night? That one really takes the cake.
But if you had read my posts before you ask, then you would have seen that i was not happy with how Italy played yeasterday! but they produced some good chances in contrast to France, but it was two different match scenarios of course.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Exactly, and England played just like Norway used to play.
No we dont.

But we do when we have a goal lead against the best National side in Europe ;)

France were great although it seems Trezeguet isnt going to get much of the ball this time. Everyone is looking for Henry every time, and Henry seems to have problems with passing to other forwards :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I had a feeling it'd be a great match when Latvia took the lead late in the first half. Actually I expected the Czechs to come out much more than they did, but I guess they were smart to balance their play a bit more. Nedved had a decent game, but for me Poborsky was the MoM

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
what a game was today Czech Rep. - Latvia..

great game..nedved had some great shots. rosicky and jankulovski were good too, but did you see poborsky :eek:

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
I was thinking heinz and poporsky were super!
They both quite a good game, Poboresky was very active and he made the first goal brilliantly...

Heinz scored a very beautiful goal ..

Czech did a good second half ..

Latvia is a respectful team

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
what was latvia's golie doing in the second goal though
Challenging Baros, though I do admit he did come across very slowly to cover the shot

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Nedved impressed me, so did Poborsky! Nedveds movement was great. I think, that with Nedved playing for Italy,we would have seen a complete different side. He moves so well, always tries to find room, and the play can't get prdictable and the flanks are always a danger. Rosicky played well in a deeper role. collected the balls, showed a good fighting atituide and did well. Jankulovski, btw, was very good, and Nedved set up a great chance for Marek. They showed great partnerwork, and I wouldn't be surprised, if Jankulovski would join us next year.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Nedved impressed me, so did Poborsky! Nedveds movement was great. I think, that with Nedved playing for Italy,we would have seen a complete different side. He moves so well, always tries to find room, and the play can't get prdictable and the flanks are always a danger. Rosicky played well in a deeper role. collected the balls, showed a good fighting atituide and did well. Jankulovski, btw, was very good, and Nedved set up a great chance for Marek. They showed great partnerwork, and I wouldn't be surprised, if Jankulovski would join us next year.
Spot on dude.
Fantastic attitude by the Czech's. Did you see the fierce shot that hit the woodwork from Poborsky :eek: Thoroughly deserved the win but I expected more from Kohler(sp).

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
It was not a good match for czechs, still they show a bit of the teamplay that was common on them at the eliminatory stage of the euro. They can improve in next games, so be careful with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)