The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
And Lampard had one touch that would have made him the hero had they won.

Anyway, you want to start anti-France club? Do it somewhere else
Oh and you can be glad cause France won, and I'm not allowed to be disappointed that England lost? How nice :lazy:

Anyway go and pick on someone else, if you really have to.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I just proved how weak your argument is, that's all. Had it gone the other way, Lampard would probably been hailed for scoring the only goal and it would have been the exact same situation you claim to dislike.

And for that matter, Zidane is already a hero for so many reasons, tonight doesn't change anything.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Amazing. Nothing short of amazing. I was in a sports bar and the atmosphere was phenomenal. Right now I'm so hoarse that I can't talk properly. When Becks missed the peno and when Zizou scored his goals I went wild. That was one of the best footballing experiences I've ever had and arguably the best match I've ever seen.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
I just proved how weak your argument is, that's all. Had it gone the other way, Lampard would probably been hailed for scoring the only goal and it would have been the exact same situation you claim to dislike.

And for that matter, Zidane is already a hero for so many reasons, tonight doesn't change anything.

It wasnt an argument, but a statement about today's match, and what happened in the end of it, if you couldnt get me.

Zidane is a hero for you, but not for me.
I cant help it, if you dont like that.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Zidane may not be a hero to everyone, but he's undoubtedly the best player in the world and of my generation so all hail Zizou says I.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What you said impled (or at least easily could be interpreted to imply) that Zidane is a hero for winning the game, which is obviously true. As if he were some flash in the pan, overhyped, made up to be superstar who has no clue at all and this was recognition so undeserved that it boggles the mind and suddenly he is made out to be a star. Well guess what, he's already been a star for 10 years and this doesn't change anything. And if you think he sucks, be my guest. But claiming this match changes anything in his career or reputation is just plain wrong.

And saying that he is a hero, I didn't mean he necessarily has to be your hero. But he is a hero to a lot of people, and he already was before this game.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Just a few opinionated comments:

- Henry disappointed me.
- Owen sucked.
- Zidane is still the best player in the world.
- Rooney was very good, but should've squared for Vassell instead of winning the penalty, although I'm probably only saying this because Beckham missed.
- Becks sucked.
- Thuram was solid at centre back. Capello should play him there.
- King is more than competent.
- Gallas was good.
- England lost because they don't learn. Like against Brazil in 02, they scored first and tried to defend for the remainder of the game. Bad tactic, bad end result.
- France deserved the 3 points.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
Zidane is a hero for you, but not for me.
hah?

when i rate a player,like ronaldo is the best in the world or henry, he is actually the 2nd after zizou, zidane is the 1st then comes other players,whether u dig it or not ;)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
What you said impled (or at least easily could be interpreted to imply) that Zidane is a hero for winning the game, which is obviously true. As if he were some flash in the pan, overhyped, made up to be superstar who has no clue at all and this was recognition so undeserved that it boggles the mind and suddenly he is made out to be a star. Well guess what, he's already been a star for 10 years and this doesn't change anything. And if you think he sucks, be my guest. But claiming this match changes anything in his career or reputation is just plain wrong.

And saying that he is a hero, I didn't mean he necessarily has to be your hero. But he is a hero to a lot of people, and he already was before this game.
I guess that you dont know the difference between those two phrases:

A) He sucks

and

B) I cant stand him

I never said A) but I always say B)

Also I didnt claim anything, it was you, who assumed that I claimed something.
Maybe you should ask me before you assume such things?

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
England lost because they don't learn. Like against Brazil in 02, they scored first and tried to defend for the remainder of the game. Bad tactic, bad end result.
remmeber the ronaldinho goal from the far freekick? :D:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
Also I didnt claim anything, it was you, who assumed that I claimed something.
Maybe you should ask me before you assume such things?
Yeah I realized that some way into my last post that I was going out on a limb.

++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Yeah but he wasn't all that today. Obviously the goals but throughout the game he was just as frustrated as the others and his long shots were way off. :undecide:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Anyway, I gotta say this can easily get ugly. I get provoked by all the haters and their group seems to grow exponetially. :lazy: I hate the English team with a passion but I don't go around talking about it cause it would be disrespectful. If we could all keep our negative comments to ourselves, it might just serve us quite well in the long run.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

He is a hero to me. Some of the stuff that guy did almost brought tears to my eyes. It is just a treat to watch someone with that class and skill. Long live Zizou.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Just a few opinionated comments:

- Henry disappointed me.
- Owen sucked.
- Rooney was very good, but should've squared for Vassell instead of winning the penalty, although I'm probably only saying this because Beckham missed.
- Becks sucked.
- Thuram was solid at centre back. Capello should play him there.
- King is more than competent.
- Gallas was good.
- England lost because they don't learn. Like against Brazil in 02, they scored first and tried to defend for the remainder of the game. Bad tactic, bad end result.
I agree 100% Stuart. Especially with Owen and Becks sucking, and France deserving the 3 points.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Anyway, I gotta say this can easily get ugly. I get provoked by all the haters and their group seems to grow exponetially. :lazy: I hate the English team with a passion but I don't go around talking about it cause it would be disrespectful. If we could all keep our negative comments to ourselves, it might just serve us quite well in the long run.

Sounds good for me :)

You got provoked and unfairly picked on someone, who never comes around shouting and swearing "I hate them!" but who was once angry about one situation.

And yeah, I had to say that :p

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
Zidane in his worst form scored 2 goals....Beckham was not that bad..he made the first goal,right !!

By The way, I saw the game , but did Owen play !! I hope you know what I mean !! He didn't touch the ball..I felt that Rooney played alone against Silvestre and Thuram

Henry did nothing.

France didn't do anything to deserve to win...they were controlling the ball but with no dangerous effect on the English team.

France won because they have Zidane with his special talents that scored the first goal..plus France won by two stupid mistakes by Heskey and Stevie..Heskey did a stupid mistake that resulted in a free kick...and Stevie made another stupid one !! Why did he play the ball that way !! why did he pass the ball to James !!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
Sounds good for me :)

You got provoked and unfairly picked on someone, who never comes around shouting and swearing "I hate them!" but who was once angry about one situation.

And yeah, I had to say that :p
Yeah that's true. Sometimes (no, very often) people choose at random who they attack, I know I do that. And it's not always fair.

Fortunately, you are too sensible to really fight with. :)

It's funny how we have a harmonious community in here but the moment Euro starts it's like XT where everyone has their special likes and dislikes. Quite a dangerous situation potentially, esp when I remember the Euro2000 aftermath..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)