The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Yeah, I don't really know why it's called a nutmeg. In short, we say "Haha you got nuttied, or "nice nutty"
Nutmeg is the english term yes, I thought everyone would know that.

Down here, the slang for putting the ball between the legs is called,

Bull

or

Rape

or

Sex

And the usual, immature talk that the person gets after from the person that "raped" him is that he has children for him now.....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Nutmeg is the english term yes, I thought everyone would know that.

Down here, the slang for putting the ball between the legs is called,

Bull

or

Rape

or

Sex

And the usual, immature talk that the person gets after from the person that "raped" him is that he has children for him now.....
Where does it happens??? "down here"? meaning the laziale part of Roma?
Yeah, it makes sense, Laziali players and fans tends to feel raped regularly...mainly in serie A...............:thumb:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Where does it happens??? "down here"? meaning the laziale part of Roma?
Yeah, it makes sense, Laziali players and fans tends to feel raped regularly...mainly in serie A...............:thumb:
We do some raping too. Especially with Juve. When last yall won against us again? :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
Has anyone heard of an old school english legend. Sir Stanley Matthews. I saw a tape of him about 4 years ago and he was doing some sick skills. Hes short and bald when he was in his late 20s and he was the best dribbler of the ball ever. correct me if im wrong.
Ahhh of course :thumb: I've heard a lot about the 'Matthews Move', damn I wish I'd seen some videos of this guy

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
After someone nuts you, you got raped mate:D

What would you call C.Ronaldo when he does his moves?
Freak show! or look ronaldos having a spaz attack, eh yo who let him escape out of the nuthose.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
WE ARE OUT?!!!!!!!!!!!AND BY WHO?
GREECE!OH GOD!

This is so ridicilous!!!they can't even attack made only 3-5 shots all the game,they just ruined our game and that's it!
It's ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crap...so unfair!!!!
What a game that would be the desereved final Portugal-Czech!

Yeah right now go and watch greece how they sit bacla all the fvcking game!

:down::down::down:....................this is really dissapoints me.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
The result of the game today confirmed something : this eurocup was just pure and simple shit........
And it confirmed many of the accusations at WC 2002: some people would rather dismiss the entire sport than to have to stomach their perennial favorites losing to new teams that challenge their historical dominance.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,098
    Perosnaly, for me, it's not that.

I dont think it's good for football or the fans that a team that has done nothing but defend during the entire tournament gets to the final. Now instead of seeing and open, epic battle between Portugal and Czech Republic, we're going to see Greece defending their arses off and just trying to hold on, in the end maybe winning 1-0.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    OK, I have to confess to being a big defender of defensive sport (and not just football). That much has been pretty obvious here, so I have a bias here. That said, I will still say that the Holland-Czech match has been my favorite in years -- even if quality defense was about the only element lacking from it.

But if you want goal-scoring machines for entertainment, we've got basketball for that. There's so much scoring, in fact, that the act of scoring has been rendered almost meaningless.

If Greece needs to resort to the grind-them-down, Germanic, defensive style of play, that's fine by me. They're not Brazilians, and they're never going to be. Their opposition has to go into matches knowing that. And if they cannot beat them at that level, then Greece is doing everything within the fair laws of the game to best ensure a victory.

It may not be pretty, and it may not produce a lot of commercial endorsements in the process. But if it's effective and it's legal -- more power to them. Let someone else try to topple them if they think what they do is so simple.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,100
    I agree in an extent, I also find it fasciniting what the Greeks have managed to accomplish with an clearly inferior and less skilled individuals compared to the big boys they've put out (Spain, France, Czech Rep.) and I too admire their never say die attitude and the tactical complexity of their play, and of course everyone loves an underdog.

But that said, I cant fight the feeeling that the match would be alot better had the Czechs gone through. Instead, we can hope for a lot of fighting and few goals, if any.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)