The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Good observation on VDS Zlatan. Countless times I've seen him use his feet to great effect.

Gray your avatar is so much better than that blinking monster.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Georgie Best was the king of nutmegs. I watched a documentary about him a few nights ago. I thought it was hype, but really he was focking incredible :D
Ahh I've watched some stuff on him too, and the amazing thing I found was that he used only his right foot to do all that marvellous dribbling :eek:
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Kewl. Thanks. Finally I'll know what to shout if I 'nutty' one of my foreign friends :D
;)
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
Gray your avatar is so much better than that blinking monster.
:LOL: why thank you

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Ahh I've watched some stuff on him too, and the amazing thing I found was that he used only his right foot to do all that marvellous dribbling :eek:

;)

:LOL: why thank you
I heard he took it around keeper. Stoped and went back and took it around him again :D

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,067
    ++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
    Good observation on VDS Zlatan. Countless times I've seen him use his feet to great effect.
    Yeah. Most keepers are used to saving with their hands, and thats great when the ball's going high, or low but a few meters to your side. But when the ball is going low and half a yard from your foot you more often than not you cant save it with your hand, there simply isnt enough time to get down to the ground. You just need good reflexes to stick out your leg and hope your foot is in the right place. I got pretty good at tham myself.

Anyways, why doesnt someone hire me as a scout? :D

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,068
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

I heard he took it around keeper. Stoped and went back and took it around him again :D
    Yeah, there have been some great players in the past.

My dad told me about this player in the Yugoslavian league in the 60s, he was known as the best dribbler in the league. One match he dribbled 3 players, stopped in the middle of the pitch, kneeled down, put his foot on the ball and started tying his shuelaces. Nobody dared try to take the ball :D

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    George Best is one of my all time fav players. You dont see players like today so much skill but a bit of a playboy, ladies man with meat chop sideburns:D

Has anyone heard of an old school english legend. Sir Stanley Matthews. I saw a tape of him about 4 years ago and he was doing some sick skills. Hes short and bald when he was in his late 20s and he was the best dribbler of the ball ever. correct me if im wrong.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    The 50s. What a lege':cool: The tape I saw was black n white bbc footage. Yo if you got pes3 game on the playstation 2 check out the classic England team he is in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)