The Gaby Milito to Juve saga (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Cordoba is pure shit and any Juve interest in him is pure fabrication by the newspapers. Anyway, sorry if this has already been posted, but:

Juve's big-spending days are over, says heir

ROME, July 3 (Reuters) - The heir to the Agnelli family that controls Juventus warned on Tuesday that the club's big-spending days were over.

John Elkann, vice-president of the FIAT group and grandson of the late Gianni Agnelli who was Juventus's long-term president and owner, said in future the club would avoid the huge transfer campaigns of former general director Luciano Moggi and former chief executive Antonio Giraudo.

'Moggi and Giraudo's spending was unsustainable. They made up for it by factoring in the increase in value of players (into the accounts) but it couldn't go on like that,' the 31-year-old Elkann told Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.

Moggi and Giraudo were forced to quit Juventus over their involvement in last year's Serie A match-fixing scandal.

The club were sent down to the second-division Serie B but will be playing top-flight football again next season after winning the league.

'Serie B was very hard - a season in Purgatory that nobody liked. It also cost us a lot of money,' Elkann continued.

'I believe in a sustainable model: costs cannot account for 80 percent of turnover. At Manchester United it accounts for 55 percent.'

Elkann's vision of a more financially cautious Juventus has not prevented the club being active on the transfer market.

Since winning promotion, the club have brought in Portuguese midfielder Tiago from Olympique Lyon, defender Zdenek Grygera from Ajax and Bosnian midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic from Bayern Munich.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
this guy has no idea moggi was a genius he spent money very wisely instead of secco and blanc.
Let's do a small comparison. Moggi's latest signings were Emerson, Ibrahimovic and Vieira compared to Secco and Blanc's latest: Grygera and Sali (free), Iaquinta, Almiron and Tiago.

You do the math.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
i think they are just trying to cool down the transfer market. after the budget increase evry team we approach wil do what zaragoza is doing,20m for a 12m player

look at it... it doesnt make sense ... why would Elkann double the budget if he want to cut the spending. you double the budget to cut the recovery time in half

having said that the problem we are acing is not the transfer budget but the salary budget. thats why we had problems with trz and camo

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
:cry:every morning I turn on my computer and immediately click on the bookmark to this forum to find out which players we have signed.
every morning is a dissapointment... see ya tomorrow and hope for better news.
I have two and a half week left om my summer break.
You mean ,this in not your browser start page, you are fake juve fan :p

when does the team get together for preseason?
I think 11-th July is the date. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)