The Future of Juve: Interview with JC Blanc (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Here is an interview of Jean-Claude Blanc for La Stampa http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/quijuve/200612articoli/5134girata.asp

I translated from the French translation on http://www.juventus-fr.com/actualite.php so it might have some inaccuracies.
It's quite long and speaks about both Juve and Blanc himself. It's quite late, so I'll only translate the parts about Juve. I might do the rest later.

JC Blanc, What did you say to Nedved?
What should've I said?

That he crossed the line.
We played a special match in Genoa et we responded to the five match ban in the only possible manner: through appeal.

Have the refs anything against Juve?
We are serene and calm. It's the image we give on the field that is important. We want to be professional, serious, even in situations that harm us. There is a procedure, we follow it without hysteria.

How much time will Juve need to come back at the level of the greats?
That depends on a lot of things. Of EURO 2012 for example. If Italy hosts it, there will be more opportunities.

Meaning?
We would then get public money to rebuild the stadiums. Also Delle Alpi, that we won't be able to transform, but just enhance.

Saw by a french, does the world of italian football seem a madmen's world?
It's also the case in France. Discussing is in the DNA of sports. Rugby is different. Noone dares to protest. And if a player gets near the ref, he take a 15metres penalty.

Why wouldn't that be imported in football?

Why not?

(...)

What's more important in football? Results or entertaining?

The aim is success, but also getting real emotions over. Work to let seconds of magic happen. The 200th goal of Del Piero for example.

(...)
Blanc mentions athletes who touched him: Noah, Santoro, Killy, and as he mentions only french, Valentino Rossi

Is there a Valentino (Rossi) in Juve?
Buffon. He's not only the greatest keeper in the world. He is also a big man. He has personality.

Why didn't you say Del Piero?
Well, it's you who speak a lot of Buffon in recent days.

This time it was you.
Only because there was the Ballon D'Or recently.

And the page in the newspapers to thank Gigi? Was that a way to say: come on stay with us?
A geste of affection. We were at a dinner with the staff. We knew Gigi was sad. We wanted to prove him we were close to him. That's all. The sense of family.

Would you invite Cannavaro to Turin?

We are thinking of it, he's part of our history. He left at 34 years old and he didn't take the decision alone. We have more urgent problems for the moment.

How much will you spend next year?

I will explain that in the industrial plan.

Will you act as accountants?

We didn't do it this year, though it would have been easy to do it and we would only have had a bit more critic. We kept several champions with SerieA salaries. It would be weird to show and follow another line of conduct.

Del Piero and Nedved will be a year older, Trezeguet will ask to leave. How will you act?
The role model is Wenger's Arsenal. He bet on youngsters thanks to a very highlevel scouting system. I've asked Sensibile to analyze their job.

What have you asked else?

I asked Ciro to prepare the youngsters who might be ready in two or three years for the roles that we reckon will be free, the role-model will be the football academy of Clairefontaine.

How many players will be needed for Serie A?
I'd say a player per area of play.

Paradox: Could a great player as Gerrard come?

If we take a big player like him, we would have to stop there. The idea is the following: either one big player or three players of great quality.

Gilardino, for example?

We will see.

That doesn't mean no.
We will see.

How much did SerieB cost?
A new stadium or four great players.

What do you say to Buffon? Stay for another adventure?

No, that wouldn't be enough.

More precisely?

Then I would say him: stay, not only because we have new fascinating adventures ahead of us, but we will also give you teammates of great quality to win this.

What you think?
Please discuss :pint:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Geof said:
What have you asked else?
I asked Ciro to prepare the youngsters who might be ready in two or three years for the roles that we reckon will be free, the role-model will be the football academy of Clairefontaine.
:cool2:

If this is the plan then I think we have some very exciting times ahead of us.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Geof said:
More precisely?
Then I would say him: stay, not only because we have new fascinating adventures ahead of us, but we will also give you teammates of great quality to win this.

What you think?
Please discuss :pint:
Thats what I am talking about :agree:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Geof said:

If we take a big player like him, we would have to stop there. The idea is the following: either one big player or three players of great quality.
:
Interesting.

OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ZAF3000: you have the avatar I used to have when Pessotino was in hospital. It's scary, when you post I've got the impression it's me :scared:

So, I don't like the idea of being compared with Arsenal, but have to admit the youngsters thing might be sweet. It's a risky business. And Wenger's Arsenal has not always been a success story.

And three big transfers (one hugone, which is unlikely)? Sounds good. Depends on who we buy of course.

Btw, someone knows when we'll knwo who'll host the EURO 2012?

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Geof said:
    Paradox: Could a great player as Gerrard come?[/B]

Gilardino, for example?

We will see.

That doesn't mean no.
    We will see.
    :D:D:D

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    he is trying 2 act like moggi!!! not giving much about our transfer market :)
    well, lets wait and see who r the 3 great quality players :smoke:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Juve-Prince said:
    Or Moggi was trying to act like him. :D :smoke:

Anyway, good comparison. :smoke:

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Speaks a lot of sense. Wouldn't expect, or want, him to go into a great deal of detail about future plans either within the club or in terms of potential signings.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
    Juve-Prince said:

The most important thing is not to say which player you want as a juve manager or you will have to pay a much higher price and compete with 5 other clubs.

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
    Originally Posted by Gill_juve
    i like him hes a realist
    yeah:agree:

Originally Posted Azzurri7

Originally Posted by Geof

:
    Interesting.
    it realy is:weee:

pffff... serie A,so boring, they have nothing on us :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)