The frustration thread (2 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Good post Adelove - I certainly agree. But minor correction - I wouldnt que up for any of Bayern's players except Mikael Ballack.;).
schweinsteiger?rau?lahm?pizzaro?salihamadzic?:confused:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Desmond,
Admittingly they are all good players but I dont rate any of the following as a world class. Pizarro is a good goal-scorer but then again I don't see him much better than Cruz, while Sali is a good all-rounder but bit of tweener and doesnt really have 'his' game to speak of. Rau is interesting player but he got to prove himself at the biggest stage. If anything, Sebastien Deisler is Bayern second best player IMO, and he looked like he was coming back to something of his best in the opening match.:).
The point is I think Bayern's players are good but they simply arent good as other big clubs which even includes us in terms of individual talent and skill. And this is mainly due to the fact that Bayern is even more "penny pinching" than us in terms of wages which fails to draw star players. Obviously, there are willing to invest in the transfers and yet refuse to commit to much money in terms of wages - That is a good management and something Moggi has to learn.:sad:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Max ] ++
I guess every team goes through a hiatus where they don't win much. I believe that Real Madrid went through a tough period in the mid-90s right? Maybe it's Juve's turn.
Exactly what I think too... Of course it's sad, but building new era takes some time, we just have to accept that fact... :down:

And welcome Adelove! :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I guess we're cutting it really fine this season. Moggi seems to have half deals in a few places, and these could be seen through fullly, contingent on our qualifying for the CL. If that doesnt happen, we may even have to sell players to balance the books, so maybe there is a method to Moggi's madness. I guess we'll find out one way or another come wednesday night, thursday morning.

mfaried

May 9, 2004
Has anybody saw tevez scoring 3 goals for argentina tonight. if we have moved for him early (replacement for di vaio) then we could have got him at a fair price. Now i think he is beyond our reach. i think inter or real will get him.

mfaried

May 9, 2004
I meant tevez as a support striker, the role of del piero and di vaio. Di vaio left and del piero is getting old. tevez is only 19, he can come now and have 2-3 years to mature before taking that role as a starter.
What i meant to say is that after the coppa america and the olympics his price tag will rise very high and it won't be economical to buy him to be a substitute for 2-3 years. we should have done that last january.
That's why i am frustrated.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Arttk ] ++
Well we can always view this season as an evaluation season. Let our under-performing players (legro, appiah, DP, tach, and etc) to prove their worth to the club. If they all continue to suck, then there will be major overhaul either in the winter or next offseason. While this might sound disasterous, but this will allow us to truly evaluate what player to keep and what player to release.

And not winning anything for more than 1 seasons shouldn't be consider as a bad patch.

Agree with you there. We have only had one season without a title. The year before we won the league and was second in Champions league. Almost no players have left since that year, only new players have come in. These players gets another chance from me although I think we could have used some new blood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)