The Formula 1 thread - Season 2005 (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well, in Montoya's and Fisi's case I think it's more than just bad luck. I mean, in his 4 years in F1 this is the 3rd tthis exact thing has happened to Juan Pablo, and that's just off the top of my head. Verstappen ran into him once, Moneiro and now Pizzonia, and he did the same to Schumacher in Monte Carlo last year. I think it's more than just a coincidence that this keeps happening to him, he must be doing something wrong.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
He seems to be too aggresive when lapping drivers. For example, he made a misstake in the Moneiro incident, he cut in front of him at the braking point, Moneiro lost all his downforce on the front and there was no way he could have stopped in time.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well, it could happen to anyone but it keeps happening too him. It never happened to Kimi. Thats one of the reasons I dont rate Montoya in the same league as Kimi or Michael (not that Kimi is in Michael's league yet), he's simply too unreliable, too many misstakes.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Are you trying to say that Kimi doesnt make any mistakes? Because then I see no reason why he isnt in Michael's league yet? They all have their gray areas, and this incident in particular though is not one that you see happening every race, less than a handful of occasions as far as im concerned.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Kimi makes misstakes too, as does everyone, but no he is not in Michael's league. I mean, how can a guy thats just started winning regularly immidiately be in the legue of a guy who has 7 world titles and 80+ wins?

And yes, it doesnt happen to Juan every race, but it doesnt happen ever to most of the other drivers.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I don't think you could fault Montoya for his aggressive streak.It's always been in him, and it's also because of it that he's one of the most entertaining drivers out there.

It's not so much that me makes the mistakes himself but IMo his driving style makes other drivers more prone to makin mistakes around him.Montoya's aggression isn't measured like Schumi's but neither is it outright reckless, he isn't a polished driver like Raikkonen but the talent is up there.

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
Alonso won the Pole at brasil GP,, Kimi qualified 5th after a breaking mistake on the first corner.

Montoya 2nd ,, fisichella 3rd so he will be a sandwich between The 2 Renault drivers.

i think Alonso will win the title today.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I'm counting on Montoya:)strong:) to get the lead out of the first corner because he starts better compared to Alonso, Kimi'd have to fight back while he keeps the Spaniard at bay.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #393
    Fernando Alonso came up third in the Brazilian GP to beat the record of youngest F1 driver champion set by Emerson Fittipaldi and to be the first Spaniard to win the title. Good job Fernando, congratulations.

The constructor's title is still wide open but I expect to see McLaren able to clinch it as their current form looks better than the Renault.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    at least 30 IIRC. He can't be caught. The best JPM can do now is get clear of Schumacher, they are tied 3rd atm.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Not much to choose between him and Raikonnen then, two seasons running now. (Last year he was eliminated at Indie, until then he and Raikonnen were pretty tight.)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Alonso takes the final win in Shanghai to ensure the renault double is complete.

DRIVERS
    Alonso 133
    Raikonnen 112
    Schumacher 62
    Montoya 60
    Fisichella 58

CONSTRUCTORS
    Renault 191
    Mclaren-Mercedes 182
    Ferrari 100

No F1 for 6 months :frown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)