The Financial Situation (12 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Every year PL clubs get away with "English tax" where bidone players like Maguire go for €80m+ and no one there bats an eye. Only in Italy
That's a different scenario altogether. English players values are inflated for sure but there were no players being exchanged for accounting purposes which Italian clubs have been doing over the years. But as someone pointed out, it would be difficult to prove the ill intent behind it.

The entire reason why we've landed in this position is because of FFP that keeps punishing the 'less rich' clubs and the existence of oil clubs. None of those accounting 'tricks' were being carried out prior to FFP.

It is difficult to keep up with the competition when you have a league like EPL that's literally run on blood money, you have Spanish giants protected by the government and Qatar owned PSG that’s making a mockery out of this sport.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
there's still no way of proving bad intent as there's no independent and competent (!!!) panel to decide on the realistic market price of players. transfermarkt my ass lol

unless there are wiretaps with directors openly discussing fraud this is a completely unnecessary and useless trial.
The prosecutor is claiming that the players we exchanged were worth about €5 each so they can make the mark up seem a lot more than it actually is.

Jun 16, 2020
That's a different scenario altogether. English players values are inflated for sure but there were no players being exchanged for accounting purposes which Italian clubs have been doing over the years. But as someone pointed out, it would be difficult to prove the ill intent behind it.

The entire reason why we've landed in this position is because of FFP that keeps punishing the 'less rich' clubs and the existence of oil clubs. None of those accounting 'tricks' were being carried out prior to FFP.

It is difficult to keep up with the competition when you have a league like EPL that's literally run on blood money, you have Spanish giants protected by the government and Qatar owned PSG that’s making a mockery out of this sport.
We landed in this situation because of our own mistakes. Misjudgement by Agnelli regarding Marotta and Paratici, overstretching our finances with signing Ronaldo, the pandemic that caused huge financial stress and big contracts to players who don’t deserve it.

It’s a mix of things but we can’t ignore that the Agnelli’s bailed us out with the two capital increase of some 600-700m in total.

I love Agnelli but he really screwed up. Hopefully a punishment makes him realise even more that we have to do better in a different way.

Mar 9, 2006
We landed in this situation because of our own mistakes. Misjudgement by Agnelli regarding Marotta and Paratici, overstretching our finances with signing Ronaldo, the pandemic that caused huge financial stress and big contracts to players who don’t deserve it.

It’s a mix of things but we can’t ignore that the Agnelli’s bailed us out with the two capital increase of some 600-700m in total.

I love Agnelli but he really screwed up. Hopefully a punishment makes him realise even more that better in a different way.
Nobody expected COVID, covid fucked up everything for everyone but PSG and City but even they were forced to create a hundred one-day firms through which money was poured into the budgets of their teams

Strickland

May 17, 2019
there's still no way of proving bad intent as there's no independent and competent (!!!) panel to decide on the realistic market price of players. transfermarkt my ass lol

unless there are wiretaps with directors openly discussing fraud this is a completely unnecessary and useless trial.
Theres plenty of professionals who work as directors, analysts etc in Italian footie and theres hundreds of transfers (especially in the lower levels, were most of the inflated deals happened) to compare to.

Since Juve obviously did do this systematically for a number of years, I think its not that hard to demonstrate using experts + math. Now another question is what kind of illegal advantage did this practice create (imo its more of a disadvantage / bad habit type of thing) and does it really warrant a serious fine and bans for officials.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Theres plenty of professionals who work as directors, analysts etc in Italian footie and theres hundreds of transfers (especially in the lower levels, were most of the inflated deals happened) to compare to.

Since Juve obviously did do this systematically for a number of years, I think its not that hard to demonstrate using experts + math. Now another question is what kind of illegal advantage did this practice create (imo its more of a disadvantage / bad habit type of thing) and does it really warrant a serious fine and bans for officials.
but man, they used transfermarkt as a reference. they really did lol

the advantage is temporary, we're paying the price later, just look at arthur and his amortization

Strickland

May 17, 2019

the advantage is temporary, we're paying the price later, just look at arthur and his amortization
transfermarkt as a reference is lazy, thats asking for trouble. prosecutor knows and everyone knows that we did inflate those values and he's probably relying on that, but the burden of proof is still on him there.

at to the advantage part, those are my thoughts exactly, there's no real advantage. I'd say its more harmful than helpful to the club, just digging the hole deeper and deeper..

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
transfermarkt as a reference is lazy, thats asking for trouble. prosecutor knows and everyone knows that we did inflate those values and he's probably relying on that, but the burden of proof is still on him there.

at to the advantage part, those are my thoughts exactly, there's no real advantage. I'd say its more harmful than helpful to the club, just digging the hole deeper and deeper..
Italian judiciary is wasting tax payer money on bullshit.

Jun 16, 2020

Deals like Rovella (expiring contract) and Portanova/Petrelli are shady as fuck tho.

I hope that the punishments don’t harm the club to much but we should be consistent in what we say. We can’t complain for several seasons about cooking the books (glad we don’t see those words anymore nowadays) and afterwards act like victims when we get in troubles.

Before I wasn’t expecting it to come as far as this, because indeed it’s difficult to objectively determine a players value, but they way our board handled the situation was as pretty harmful for the club.

Im glad it isn’t only Agnelli, but someone like De Laurentiis gets in trouble aswel.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Yes, clubs always sell their players at market value :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I dont see how Juve or any other club breached something which isnt regulated in the 1st place. There is always a difference between book value (net carrying amount), transfer market and selling price which is prerogative of any business entity. The bigger the price tag someone sets, the bigger taxes upon sale they will be obligated to pay and at the end of year the bigger the income which will be taxated again. Mind you, we are not investigated by Italian tax authorities, our books are audited every year, we are publicly traded company. But we are investigated by football federation for alleged breach which isnt regulated by IFRS in the first place lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)