The Financial Situation (38 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
nice talk, squad quality does not reflect it though. we shall see if things will change.
are you saying the squad quality is not high enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably because of Elaine in Seinfeld: “The female body is a work of art,” Elaine explains. “The male body is utilitarian — it’s for getting around. It’s like a Jeep.”
at least not tractors anymore

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I read somewhere that the capital increase is due to selling 15% of the club and we're doing it to pay up the club's bloated wage bill and transfer installment. Can someone debunk this?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I read somewhere that the capital increase is due to selling 15% of the club and we're doing it to pay up the club's bloated wage bill and transfer installment. Can someone debunk this?
a capital increase for a public company usually means that the company has to issue new stocks ("seo"). an seo might be done in three ways: non-dilutive, dilutive, or mixed. if someone thinks that it'll be a delutive seo, he might translate it into "selling x % of the club". tbh i didn't read everything yesterday, but based on the initial rumors, i suspect the capital raise will be funded by the current majority owners, so i don't expect a major change in the ownership structure.

https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2019/10/24/agnelli-aumento-di-capitale-non-necessario-e-una-scelta/ - they are quoting agnelli saying the capital increase wasn't a necessity but rather a strategic decision to provide funds for the growth process, competitiveness, increase in operating revenues, improving brand visibility, and consolidation of the balance. saying that it happened because of the current wage bill is a bold statement, not only because agnelli never said this, but because while the club's wage bill is gigantic compared to what we had like 10 years ago, it's still sustainable. i think the management really wants to keep up with the big boys.

btw i think agnelli forgot to mention two things: the net debt almost tripled in recent years, and the last time i checked, the club's liquidity was pretty poor too. based on this, the 40m loss, and paratici's "nobody's safe, we can sell anyone" comment, i do expect fc plusvalenza doing his usual summer routine next year too.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
a capital increase for a public company usually means that the company has to issue new stocks ("seo"). an seo might be done in three ways: non-dilutive, dilutive, or mixed. if someone thinks that it'll be a delutive seo, he might translate it into "selling x % of the club". tbh i didn't read everything yesterday, but based on the initial rumors, i suspect the capital raise will be funded by the current majority owners, so i don't expect a major change in the ownership structure.

https://www.calcioefinanza.it/2019/10/24/agnelli-aumento-di-capitale-non-necessario-e-una-scelta/ - they are quoting agnelli saying the capital increase wasn't a necessity but rather a strategic decision to provide funds for the growth process, competitiveness, increase in operating revenues, improving brand visibility, and consolidation of the balance. saying that it happened because of the current wage bill is a bold statement, not only because agnelli never said this, but because while the club's wage bill is gigantic compared to what we had like 10 years ago, it's still sustainable. i think the management really wants to keep up with the big boys.

btw i think agnelli forgot to mention two things: the net debt almost tripled in recent years, and the last time i checked, the club's liquidity was pretty poor too. based on this, the 40m loss, and paratici's "nobody's safe, we can sell anyone" comment, i do expect fc plusvalenza doing his usual summer routine next year too.
What about our wages to turnover ratio which is 70 percent is that worrying?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What about our wages to turnover ratio which is 70 percent is that worrying?
is it an important factor in juve's finances? yes, probably the most important one. statistically, the single most important measurable thing that relates the most to the club's results is its wage bill. obviously that's the main reason why the club aims to increase operating revenues. is it worrying? i'd say it requires some measures and the capital increase is part of these measures too.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
is it an important factor in juve's finances? yes, probably the most important one. statistically, the single most important measurable thing that relates the most to the club's results is its wage bill. obviously that's the main reason why the club aims to increase operating revenues. is it worrying? i'd say it requires some measures and the capital increase is part of these measures too.
many players on high wages should leave sooner than later
Mandzukic
Matuidi
Khedira
Emre Can

Chiellini is probably retiring

Also offering 8m + 4m bonus to De ligt was a mistake

we should focus high wages on high profile and affirmed players

- - - Updated - - -

I liked Real Madrid/ Barcellona ways of doing things.

They used to operate with 11 super starters , 3-4 players from youth team and 3-4 decent subs.
But not wasting too much money un subs and focusing on the starting XI

Last edited:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
many players on high wages should leave sooner than rather
Mandzukic
Matuidi
Khedira
Chiellini (probably retiring)
Emre Can

Also offering 8m + 4m bonus to De ligt was a mistake

we should focus high wages on high profile and affirmed players

- - - Updated - - -

I liked Real Madrid/ Barcellona ways of doing things.

They used to operate with 11 super starters , 3-4 players from youth team and 3-4 decent subs.
But not wasting too much money un subs and focusing on the starting XI
tenor.gif

You an idiot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)